BattleBots is BACK

Speak freely but don't be stupid about it or you'll find yourself on the last train to Clarksville, ya dumbass.
succotash_54

BattleBots is BACK

Post by succotash_54 » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:45 pm

So this week's fights, eh?

Tombstone vs. Witch Doctor. If WD could've self-righted, probably would have been their fight. Tombstone's weapon was destroyed, what was left wouldn't have been as effective, and it's got nothing else going for it.

Bronco vs. Stinger. Loved it. Kind of bummed to see Stinger get flipped out of the arena, but it was probably better that way for Bronco.... with Reason and Xander's bots, the odds are equally likely that the more they flip their opponent, the more they're gonna do something that hurts them eventually. Still, amazing theatrics, that's why I love watching them fight.

Icewave vs. Ghost Raptor... never been a big fan of the Raptor team, but you can't argue with the results. Still, it seems like the De-Icer wasn't the deciding factor, but rather the stepped up armor. It directed enough energy back at Icewave to force the inversion.

Overhaul vs. Bite Force. What can you say? That was a tough call, and it was accurately portrayed as such. The commentators got it right... Bite Force was in charge for much of the fight, but it's always uneasy when the winner would likely have been KOed if the fight lasted another 30 seconds or so. Tough, tough spot to be in.

Looking forward to next week as it presumably wraps up!

Siphai

BattleBots is BACK

Post by Siphai » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:30 pm

I was really not a fan of the arena out. That's like the 5th one so far (including getting stacked on the wall) and they just really are not fun. Its basically like watching the LWs get stuck on the ramp in the original battlebox - cuts a fun fight way too short.

clutch

BattleBots is BACK

Post by clutch » Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:02 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>MassimoV</dt><dd>Jul 17 2015, 03:38 PM</dd></dl><div>There's some old vets over on gametechmods. ACAMS is there but just bitches about politics. RFS, Toast, Clickbeetle, Sage, Scrap Daddy, Kill343gs, and Trovaner are all there. HX_ and TDS drop by every now and then. btw idk how old you are to the game so you may not recognize anyone I posted, just figured that's your best chance of reconnecting with older members[/quote]Holy jeez, the nostalgia is coming back. I was just wondering if some of them still existed in this world.
I used to have Chad/ TeamWardenX's phone number and would text him to bother him from time to time, but then my phone went kaput last summer along with all my numbers.

I searched for Team Hunga and found this on youtunbe :headache:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiZEa8bqOPg

I don't think that has anything to do with fish, or doom.

The Overhaul / Biteforce fight was wild, after the performance vs Warheard Biteforce has been a little disappointing to me, to be honest. Yes they ran the fight for about 2/3, but it wasn't total domination. Overhaul missed a critical chance to nail their track at about 1:30 due to just being too slow to pinch. The 2nd chance they got it and it looked like the track was done for.

Hoping Witch Doctor comes back with a srimech next time.. I like that robot a lot. The drum is so unique and powerful.
Last edited by clutch on Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Toxic

BattleBots is BACK

Post by Toxic » Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:37 pm

Clutch, wasn't me and you who would chat all the time on aol back in the day or was that somebody else?

clutch

BattleBots is BACK

Post by clutch » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:24 pm

Pretty sure it was, yea&#33; I want to say it was you who bought me a metal Impala model for Christmas gift exchange one year&#33; I still have my nerf ghetto blasta and Pimps Up Hoes Down DVD from FoD one year, too.. that DVD stays in my summer car's DVD player basically 100% of the time, lol.

Without a doubt RobotArena2 is probably the most impactful game of my youth.. because of it I learned CAD, learned forums, got decent at paint for bot skins, learned how to sort-of code AI bots, met tons of people online, and generally can look back fondly onto that period of time.

Ever event from TDS's power trip, to the Aceuplink Battlebots game mod, to the StartCore AI pack has it's own little bit of memory space still. I think I got out of the game some-time after the StarCore AI pack, because it's the most recent one I remember playing. Man.. that was a good pack.
Last edited by clutch on Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fish Of Doom

BattleBots is BACK

Post by Fish Of Doom » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:29 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>clutch</dt><dd>Jul 21 2015, 07:24 PM</dd></dl><div>I still have my nerf ghetto blasta and Pimps Up Hoes Down DVD from FoD one year, too.. that DVD stays in my summer car's DVD player basically 100% of the time, lol. [/quote]This makes me so happy.

clutch

BattleBots is BACK

Post by clutch » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:36 pm

Me too, man. Sometimes you think you're gonna have to strong arm a hoe.. but she sees that six shooter tucked into your sweatpants and knows that you're not one to be trifled with. Represent.

Siphai

BattleBots is BACK

Post by Siphai » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:47 pm

Nightmare, Witch Doctor and Overhaul return for a ThreeForAll Mini Rumble.

Siphai

BattleBots is BACK

Post by Siphai » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:48 pm

Did anyone else see this site RFS's running?

http://www.battlebotsupdate.com/s6-episode-5/

It'd be cool except for the uhhhh dragon picture

Toxic

BattleBots is BACK

Post by Toxic » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:31 am

I seem to recall him being big into dragons back in the day.

Fish Of Doom

BattleBots is BACK

Post by Fish Of Doom » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:55 am

I have to admit, that was actually pretty funny.

I love that he still finds ways to bring up Abattoir
Last edited by Fish Of Doom on Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

succotash_54

BattleBots is BACK

Post by succotash_54 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:05 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Bite Force vs. Ghost Raptor: This is also a hard one to call because unlike the previous fight, where both robots pack serious knockout power, neither of these assholes can do even so much as open a box of crayons without burning the house down.[/quote]

I almost woke up my roommate/landlord laughing at this. Holy shit that was awesome. Although with a girlfriend on the spectrum, gotta admit I don't much care for him using "autistic" as the new "retarded."

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

BattleBots is BACK

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:35 pm

Go Nightmare&#33;
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

BattleBots is BACK

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:57 pm

Predicting Biteforce.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux