ARC Photo Archive

Speak freely but don't be stupid about it or you'll find yourself on the last train to Clarksville, ya dumbass.
MassimoV

ARC Photo Archive

Post by MassimoV » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:59 pm

Hi. People on GTM know me. Don't know how much I'll participate in events as I really want to CAD just need time to learn. Would use RA2 bots as substitutes but those seem to be frowned apon (thanks Sylandro...). So yeah I've been lurking since...well for a while, and I love some of the awesome designs here.

Anyways, I've realized much of ARC's (and FFR or whatever acronyms are used) history is gone. So I've taken the time to gather up all the photos I could find here, GTM, and FRA (but there really aren't alot of pictures there). I have put them all into a RAR file here (just copy and paste the URL):

http://www.solidfiles.com/d/214fa4ee0f/ARChive1.rar
http://www.solidfiles.com/d/e38553df7e/ARChive2.rar

Of course I'm missing alot of bots so if you could donate some of your work or things that are now forgotten I could really use some help. I'll upload new versions when I get enough bots to do so. Thanks everyone and like I said, I'll try to compete within good time.
Last edited by MassimoV on Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

ARC Photo Archive

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:47 am

Hi, welcome to ARC dude. :)

Thanks for bringing back so many of those renders. And in fact there are quite a few on there that I've never seen before, but that would be because I joined ARC relatively later and never knew about them. :P

And let me just say that I'm extremely surprised so many of MY bots are on there, and I'm rather embarrassed since many of those many bots are old and quite crap. XD Where did you find them?

As for other work, I'm afraid I don't have much more than that but I can dig through my archives and see what I can find. ;)
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

ARC Photo Archive

Post by GF93 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:42 am

Hey Massimo, good to see you here too- welcome to ARC. :)
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

Badnik96

ARC Photo Archive

Post by Badnik96 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:51 am

Hey dude, you can use RA2 bots if you want, We don't like Sylandro because he's a complete noob.

Anyway I posted about your ARC photo archive but no one said anything.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

MassimoV

ARC Photo Archive

Post by MassimoV » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:52 pm

I might use RA2 bots. Anyways, I used a bunch of external links from here and on FRA. I found all of your bots on your website. And yeah, if you have any not on there or any you can find on other archives it would be much appreciated sending them.

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

ARC Photo Archive

Post by V900 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 7:25 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>MassimoV</dt><dd>Jan 12 2013&#44; 10:59 PM</dd></dl><div> Would use RA2 bots as substitutes but those seem to be frowned apon (thanks Sylandro...). [/quote]
its better than using legos to make bots. seriously, what kind of faggot would-

oh

wait

MassimoV

ARC Photo Archive

Post by MassimoV » Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:04 pm

I added all of the bots on here to the pack (as well as a few others I've found):
http://web.archive.org/web/200907241032 ... yFury2003/

Badnik96

ARC Photo Archive

Post by Badnik96 » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:50 pm

Ok Spiderbyte looks like a fucking boss

If John ever comes back he should revive it

Actually eff it Banisher's getting a redesign
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

GF93

ARC Photo Archive

Post by GF93 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:45 am

Champion- some of these old designs are pretty damn good. Don't know why they'd give Copperhead exposed wheels, though...
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

ARC Photo Archive

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:22 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jan 16 2013&#44; 11:45 AM</dd></dl><div> Champion- some of these old designs are pretty damn good. Don't know why they'd give Copperhead exposed wheels, though... [/quote]
Time marches on.

Sure, these days most people would scoff at the idea on having exposed wheels, but in the early days, it wasn't really as big of a deal.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93

ARC Photo Archive

Post by GF93 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:40 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Jan 16 2013&#44; 12:22 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jan 16 2013&#44; 11:45 AM</dd></dl><div> Champion- some of these old designs are pretty damn good. Don't know why they'd give Copperhead exposed wheels, though... [/quote]
Time marches on.

Sure, these days most people would scoff at the idea on having exposed wheels, but in the early days, it wasn't really as big of a deal. [/quote]
OK, that's fair enough- with designs moving on and all, I guess the exposed wheels went the way of high ground clearances and the arena nail.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

NWOWWE

ARC Photo Archive

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:53 pm

Actually I think the nail was just Chris trolling everyone (officially it was "to stop rammers box rushing"... HA&#33;), but otherwise that's about the size of it.
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93

ARC Photo Archive

Post by GF93 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:57 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Jan 16 2013&#44; 12:53 PM</dd></dl><div> Actually I think the nail was just Chris trolling everyone (officially it was "to stop rammers box rushing"... HA&#33;), but otherwise that's about the size of it. [/quote]
Yes, I just noted it as an example of something else in ARC that's long since vanished. Even still though, it's fascinating to look back at all these old designs and see how far it's all come since ARC began.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

MassimoV

ARC Photo Archive

Post by MassimoV » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:34 pm

So I'm trying to find really old websites, and I can't find anything. Is there anything you guys would suggest on finding things. I've googled a bunch of tournament names but nothing.

NWOWWE

ARC Photo Archive

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:36 am

If you're talking old ARC stuff, you can probably forget it. I don't think anything from the Xsorbit boards got archived at all, and the WayBackMachine archive for the old ARC website is minimal at best. No forum posts and very little from the home page.

On the other hand, supposedly ACEuplink was archived pretty well, for whatever that's worth.