Shufflers

Feel like bitching? Wanna scream at the idiots in charge? Let us know and we'll try and fix the problem.
Meganew

Shufflers

Post by Meganew » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:27 pm

The forms of non-wheeled robots that are mentioned to not get a weight bonus include shufflers, ground-effect air cushions, devices allowing for jumping and hopping, airfoils, balloons, ornithopters, omniwheels, and tracks.

I'm just trying to point out that the design is not a shuffler according to the RFL rules.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Shufflers

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:31 pm

But guess what? THESE ARE ARC RULES. Not RFL rules. They're not the same.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Meganew

Shufflers

Post by Meganew » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:36 pm

And you know what? Here's what the ARC rules say about the RFL rules:

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>All designs must comply with the regulations of the RFL.[/quote]

That Kode Guy

Shufflers

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:39 pm

Do you have any idea when that was typed up? The admins themselves have said they've needed to change the rulesets around (and not just for stats :P).

Things change, Mark, you do realize...

Siphai

Shufflers

Post by Siphai » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:39 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Meganew</dt><dd>Jan 31 2010&#44; 08:27 PM</dd></dl><div> The forms of non-wheeled robots that are mentioned to not get a weight bonus include shufflers, ground-effect air cushions, devices allowing for jumping and hopping, airfoils, balloons, ornithopters, omniwheels, and tracks.

I'm just trying to point out that the design is not a shuffler according to the RFL rules. [/quote]
You've only demonstrated how it's a non-wheeled robot, which a shuffler obviously is. What makes 1-Hit Wonder a walker and not a shuffler exactly? The method of movement sounds exactly like a shuffler, as it pushes beams up/down backwards/forwards in a shuffling motion. The fact that you're using hydralic actuators makes it needlessly complex but bears no difference because the motion is still the same. So far I've seen two examples of walkers (mechadon and pressure drop) and neither of them come close to what is described in 1-Hit Wonder. If I got some kind of diagram or real life (which is hilarious in concept because the idea of someone making a real life ring spinner who's movement is powered by 8 hydraulic actuators powered by an IC engine is absurd.) example of what you are describing I might acquiesce but what I'm seeing here is nowhere close.

It is easier if you relent and either make your robot non-invertible but with whatever fucking walker system you can think of, or if it is an invertible shuffler without the stat bonus. I agree with Tony on the fact that it should have been an FBS in the first place with some kind of self-righting bar, but it's too late for such a major design change.

Siphai

Shufflers

Post by Siphai » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:42 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Meganew</dt><dd>Jan 31 2010&#44; 08:36 PM</dd></dl><div> And you know what? Here's what the ARC rules say about the RFL rules:

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>All designs must comply with the regulations of the RFL.[/quote] [/quote]
hey look I can quote things too

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Overview: This set of rules and regulations will govern all RPG

That Kode Guy

Shufflers

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:44 pm

Alex just pwned this thread.

Meganew

Shufflers

Post by Meganew » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:46 pm

And Kody just acted like a punk by trying to rub it in.

Regardless, you'd have to let me revise my RP and redo my stats in the signup thread to get it properly modified.

Siphai

Shufflers

Post by Siphai » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:49 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Meganew</dt><dd>Jan 31 2010&#44; 08:46 PM</dd></dl><div> And Kody just acted like a punk by trying to rub it in.

Regardless, you'd have to let me revise my RP and redo my stats in the signup thread to get it properly modified. [/quote]
that's fine. I suppose I'd have to modify my RP based on your change of stats as well. Thankfully this fight isn't written yet so there is still time to modify things.

pm me your stat changes and i'll add them to the thread

That Kode Guy

Shufflers

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:50 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Meganew</dt><dd>Jan 31 2010&#44; 08:46 PM</dd></dl><div> And Kody just acted like a punk by trying to rub it in. [/quote]
I had a reason to. :P Nonetheless, it's over now so I'll stop.

Meganew

Shufflers

Post by Meganew » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:01 pm

And I'll stop too.

DRD

Shufflers

Post by DRD » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:36 pm

out of all seriousness I think the rules do need revamped. Especially with the whole debacle over Torque/traction. Perhaps someone could do that after Aftermath?

Siphai

Shufflers

Post by Siphai » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:37 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>DRD</dt><dd>Jan 31 2010&#44; 09:36 PM</dd></dl><div> out of all seriousness I think the rules do need revamped. Especially with the whole debacle over Torque/traction. Perhaps someone could do that after Aftermath? [/quote]
Yeah I was planning on doing it sometime before the next tournament, if not before the end of Aftermath

Siphai

Shufflers

Post by Siphai » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:37 pm

although the torque/traction debacle wasn't because of the ruleguide since we do explicitly state that we use traction now and what traction does on the signup page.