Micro Recievers

Post any technical advice and/or bot building related topics on here.
StarlessSoldier

Micro Recievers

Post by StarlessSoldier » Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:56 pm

I have two Micro recievers, the GWS Pico and the old MicroBotParts one and neither of them work. My big honkin' 8 channel works fine but when I put the micros in an identical set-up (yes I'm changing the crystals too) I get nothing at all. Anyone else have this problem or know of a fix?

I'm running a Hitec Transmitter converted to 75mhz with reciever power coming from the ESC's BEC.

joeychevron

Micro Recievers

Post by joeychevron » Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:30 pm

...might be obvious but have you checked you've got the right conversion type of crystals in both Tx and Rx? Micro recievers use single conversion and I think most of the large recievers use dual conversion.

StarlessSoldier

Micro Recievers

Post by StarlessSoldier » Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:02 pm

For the pico reciever I actually have the GWS crystals as recomended by Jim Smentowski and I get the same damn result as the other reciever with standard crystals.

Fish Of Doom

Micro Recievers

Post by Fish Of Doom » Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:32 pm

I've never had much luck with micro recievers. I remember once when I was at Ted Shimoda's shop, him and Andrew were having a terrible time getting their micros to work. I've never used one, so I don't really know.

Minion33088

Micro Recievers

Post by Minion33088 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 8:46 pm

I had one of the GWS micro receivers and they suck. A friend sold me a MircoBotparts micro and it works much better. They're known for the crystal coming unsolder-ed from the board...check for a loose connection to the board.