DC Personalities

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
G-Force

DC Personalities

Post by G-Force » Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:28 pm

Sure, we go by sketchy alter-egos, but I thought I'd start a thread where people could say a little about who they are outside the forum, especailly now that we have a handful of new members.

I'll start.

My name is Paul (I think I'm known as Paul #2..).
I live on Long Island, and go to college at Lehigh University in PA.
I'm a Mechanical Engineering major, Materials science minor.

I'm a band geek- I play Trumpet and French Horn in most of the ensembles at my school.
As far as music goes, I have widely spread tastes.. Some favorite bands include Snow Patrol, Lifehouse, the Hush Sound, Jason Mraz, and Carolina Liar.
I think That 70s Show is the best thing ever.

Uh, what else.. I'm a party animal.

Anndd a picture, for good measure. I actually couldn't find one of just me.. we take all our pictures in groups, haha.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v237/ ... 2_1794.jpg

Siphai

DC Personalities

Post by Siphai » Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:00 pm

Well, my name is Alex
I live in Bury St. Edmunds, which is in Suffolk, England.
I am in my senior year in high school, and have applied to Lehigh University (my dad went there) in PA, Drexel University in Philadelphia, University of Delaware, UMBC in MD, St. Mary's Honor College in MD, and Johns Hopkins. I really hope to get into either Lehigh or Drexel, though.
I want to become a network engineer, and am currently working to get my CCNA certification.

I'm a bit of a tennis jock: I've played for 3-4 years now, and have been recently the #4 seed on our school team.
I'm not much for music, but I like RHCP and PUSA
I like to game, and I like watching House M.D.

I'll probably put up a picture sometime later

Area51Escapee

DC Personalities

Post by Area51Escapee » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:50 pm

Hi, I'm Chris.

Voices from audience: HI CHRISSSSS!

I'm 23 and currently work at Paragon Engineering in York, Pennsylvania but I live in Elizabethtown. I do CAD professionally and I mainly design HVAC and plumbing systems for commercial buildings. I graduated from ITT Technical Institute but no, I'm not in one of their goony commercials.

As far as music goes, I enjoy all kinds of rock, mostly modern. I watch TV shows like Lost, Dexter and 24. I'm also a movie buff, so if you want to have a debate on movies, bring it on. Dylan and I had quite a few back in the day as I recall.

As for hobbies, I enjoy all kinds of multimedia. Things like film making, 3-D modeling, web design and other kinds of artwork are always fun.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

DC Personalities

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:21 pm

Hi I'm Josh and I'm the guy with the tedious to pronounce (and spell) username so feel to just use Josh.

I'm 21 and live in E-Town, PA (just like Chris) and I go to Millersville University where I study Meteorology and I hope to one day be a real live TV weather man.

What else.... My favorite TV show is Married With Children. I enjoy playing video games of all kinds. I like older music, specifically Motown, and I also like movie scores.

I am a big movie nerd and I know way too many quotes and factoids. I like all sorts of movies, well except for some of the stuff today like stoner comedies. I'm a big fan of 80's horror.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Minion33088

DC Personalities

Post by Minion33088 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:47 pm

I'm Paul. I'm 20 years old and I have an associate degree in CAD. I am currently employed at Cardinal Glass where I do CAD drawings. I live an hour or 2 north of Chris and Josh in Mountaintop, PA. We have held all the ARCcon's at my house.

I'm into car audio, gaming machines, anything high-def, and just about any other electronics you can think of. I have a sound system in my car, on my computer, and on my tv. My car has the loudest 10's you will ever hear. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hede2TigCg

I'm also a hardcore gamer, and movie nerd. I have a 42" hd tv in my tiny bedroom.

Oh, I also build robots in real life. I currently have 2 antweights. My ant Hit or Miss has a 4:1 win/loss ratio. There's videos of my bots on my youtube.

And here's a new pic. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v400/ ... CN2421.jpg

Ry_Trapp0

DC Personalities

Post by Ry_Trapp0 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:43 pm

the name is Ryan, and im 20(party time come may 18th!!!). im pretty much the quintessential internet loser, lol. within the next few months, i'll be starting college at columbus state in their aviation maintenance program, where i'll complete my required 18 months of study to become eligable to take the FAA's oral and written A&P(airframe & powerplant) tests to get my A&P licenese. then i'll be working on airplanes or helicopters!!!

since graduating highschool i havn't been able to get much going(figuring out what the hell im doing with life), and the economy is being an asshole to me, lol. too poor to have hobbies(college loans will fix that one, lol) because everything im interested in is expensive.

im obsessed with music, love it! the only stuff i cant listen to is the trash radio rap(soulja boy sucks), emo crap, and death metal(cookie monster vocals + non-stop double bass = phail). i love just about everything(i have the ting tings right beside slipknot, mudvayne, the white stripes, and STP), but im a whore for grunge. soundgarden is the shit!
the only TV show i watch regularly is house, because i refuse to get addicted to any others(and house rules!).
i love movies too, especially movies with edward norton, simon pegg, john cusak, samual l jackson, johnny depp, brad pitt, or seth rogen.

here is me with mah shades and pimp hat:
http://a584.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/im ... f8d197.jpg

and my last hospital visit(about 6 months ago i think):
http://a843.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/im ... fb42fa.jpg

G-Force

DC Personalities

Post by G-Force » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:14 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Jan 6 2009&#44; 03:00 PM</dd></dl><div> I really hope to get into either Lehigh or Drexel, though.
[/quote]
Alex, you better get into Lehigh and come here so I have a fun British friend to show around.

Area51Escapee

DC Personalities

Post by Area51Escapee » Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:44 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>G&#045;Force</dt><dd>Jan 8 2009&#44; 01:14 AM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Jan 6 2009&#44; 03:00 PM</dd></dl><div> I really hope to get into either Lehigh or Drexel, though.
[/quote]
Alex, you better get into Lehigh and come here so I have a fun British friend to show around. [/quote]
I find it rather disturbing that everyone seems to be isolated near central/northern PA these days. As Panic, me and Alex were discussing the other day in chat, there might be 3 more people able to come to ARCCon this year.

Ry_Trapp0

DC Personalities

Post by Ry_Trapp0 » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:52 pm

i could make that drive no problem if i had money and a reliable vehicle, lol.

StarlessSoldier

DC Personalities

Post by StarlessSoldier » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:20 am

My name is John Garrison, and I've been on every forum since the comedy central boards under various names that were usually some variation of Omegaforce, Omegarobotics, Zephyr, or Starless. I'm 22 years old.

I'm a Sergeant in the U.S. Army, stationed in Germany, and I have deployed twice to Afghanistan in Operation Enduring Freedom.

All of my robotics knowledge and CAD skills are self taught. I have an associates degree in Automotive Technology and I am working toward a mechanical engineering degree.

I love racing and working on cars. Currently driving a 2006 Pontiac GTO with a 6.0 400HP V8. I also like being outdoors. Hunting, rock climbing, swimming, surfing, snow boarding, and trail running.

Fish Of Doom

DC Personalities

Post by Fish Of Doom » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:30 am

I'm Dylan and I've been Fish Of Doom since before the Comedy Central boards.

I'm 21 years old. I do make-up and 3d animation. I'm currently in my last semester of getting a degree in film. I also do VJ stuff and interactive art installations. I'm also a semi professional photographer, doing freelance work and having worked for various publications and news papers.

I'm a huge film buff, especially when it comes to terrible films like Troll 2, Deadfall, or The Room. My favorite films of all time are Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and Wall-E. My favorite bands are Nine Inch Nails, The Blood Brothers, The Knife, and Portishead, though recently I've really gotten into The Sounds of Animals Fighting.

I do build robots in real life, and have competed in a number of competitions in antweight, beetleweight, lightweight, and middleweight divisions.

I don't have any pictures of me taken in the last 6 months or so, but enjoy something random from one of my photoshoots.

Siphai

DC Personalities

Post by Siphai » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:53 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>G&#045;Force</dt><dd>Jan 7 2009&#44; 08:14 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Siphai</dt><dd>Jan 6 2009&#44; 03:00 PM</dd></dl><div> I really hope to get into either Lehigh or Drexel, though.
[/quote]
Alex, you better get into Lehigh and come here so I have a fun British friend to show around. [/quote]
Lehigh is expensive as hell though. And Drexel has a really good coop program&#33;

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

DC Personalities

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:20 pm

Hi. I'm Kody, known as KodeBreaker on most forums, but I have many other usernames.

I'm 20 years old and am starting Broadcast Journalism at Seneca College in May. Hoping to be a big-time journalist, write a few books, and generally be a major pain in the ass for the Canadian media industry, but not so much that I'm hated. It'll happen, though. ;)

I'm pretty much a junkie; robot combat, PCs, gaming, metal music, and a few sports take up most of my time besides a writing course I'm currently taking. I love metal, be it old or modern, and my favourite artist is Disturbed.

I'm currently building a real robot, and it'll be a UK antweight (fairyweight to you American dudes). It's nowhere near being completed yet but I am gathering parts and researching where to get others. It's gonna be a spinner.

And if you want a pic, sure. I'd have to e-mail it to you though instead of directly embed it here. :P

And that's about it, lol
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Minion33088

DC Personalities

Post by Minion33088 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:34 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Ry_Trapp0</dt><dd>Jan 7 2009&#44; 07:43 PM</dd></dl><div> and my last hospital visit(about 6 months ago i think):
http://a843.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/im ... fb42fa.jpg [/quote]
Damn Ry, how did you get a hole in your head? ...must have been fun.

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>StarlessSoldier</dt><dd>Jan 8 2009&#44; 02:20 AM</dd></dl><div> Image [/quote]
That GTO is a sweet ass blue...looks bitchin.

Ry_Trapp0

DC Personalities

Post by Ry_Trapp0 » Sun Jan 11, 2009 11:18 pm

well, here is the full story(its long). pretty damn stupid, yes, but that happens from time to time. this time just happened to turn out worse than most though, lol.
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>"Mahself"</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>alright, basically what happened is i got home from my friends house and my parents had left. they locked up the house and i didnt have my keys on me(carrying a 5ft key chain gets to be a pain in the ass some times), so i figured i would do my usual break in method. this consisted of getting up on the 4-4.5ft high side of our back deck(not really a 'railing' since the side is 1.5ft thick concrete, lol) and using the numerous items stuck on the side of the house(electric meter, unusually heavy duty gutter down pipe, etc.) to climb up to my balcony. from there i just go through my double doors into my room. i have done this many a time, and i have plenty of experience climbing numerous other things, so no big deal really. this time, i noticed that one of my usual hand holds(cant remember what it was, a small electrical enclosure, part of the gutter, something) was really loose, so i decided that i wasn't gonna do it this time and i would just jump off the side of the deck onto the ground and walk around to the front porch and wait for someone to show up. when i was getting ready to jump down(this isn't some big epic leap, it was like jumping out the back of a pickup truck or something), either one of my feet slipped off the side, or got caught, or something, i dunno. this caused me to do either a 'triple back flip w/ double can opener twist' or a 'nose dive' into my skinny ass(really, its not wider than 2ft&#33;) concrete sidewalk, busting my head open(as seen below) and wrenching my neck back pretty damn far. yes, thats right. i didnt fall on my head from trying to climb about 12ft up to a balconey, i fell on my head from an attempted hop of about 4-4.5ft. lame. anyways, since injuries such as this are nothing new to me(i have a couple of stories), i just casually walked back to the tracker where i got a cover to wipe majority of the blood off with, then walked over to the neighbors to call me parents. then we waited in the hospital for about 4 hours with a GAY neck brace on to get a CAT scan(was kinda cool), diagnoses, the doc to subscribe me some vicodin(WAY overrated, doesnt really stop pain much and barely even gets you in 'lala land'. and thats taking 2 500mg tablets&#33;), and for them to tell me that i strained my neck. overall, a terrible day, but another cool scar&#33;

these are from my hospital visit on the 22nd:
even though i fell from a height of about 4-4.5ft(at my feet) and landed head first on concrete, this really wasn't(well, isn't) a big deal. nothing new to me:lol: that is my brother in law in the back, and his son(my nephew, DUH) with the semi-mohawk in awe of the gore.
not sure why its so red(all the blood rushing there?), nice and gooey though&#33;
haha, real funny you little punk
nothin' sexier than a good ol' neck brace&#33; i made the mistake of being honest and telling the hospital peeps that my neck hurt because i landed head first. as punishment, i got to where that for about 2 hours while i was waiting for them to throw my on the platform for a CAT scan
that gives you a pretty good idea of how deep it was. nice, eh'?
i swear ive never had such an enjoyable time in my life&#33;
that was from this morning, after i smeared some neosporin on it.[/quote]
the vicodin didn't do much of anything for the pain, but it was pretty entertaining. i really dont have any scars now either, just a slightly redish spot on my head, lol.

i forgot to add above, the only thing im more obsessed with than music is cars. love'm, constantly reading about them, anything i can get my hands on, just plain obsessed with cars. anyone else into cars? if so i'll have to start posting up some stuff.