TinkerCAD Tutorial: Angled Wedges

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
winternimbus
Team: Team Foxtrot Uniform

Post by winternimbus » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:04 pm

Greetings! I'm Sylandro, user of TinkerCAD.

Now, TinkerCAD is very easy to get a hold of, but if you're wondering "well how do i make angled wedges?" I'm your guy for the job.

Without further adieu, lets begin.

<big>RECTANGULAR ANGLED WEDGES</big>

As seen on this CAD made by yours truly (the bot belongs to shaba though), you see that there are rectangular angled wedges near the corners of the robot. How do you make these?

They're the easiest type of angled wedges to make in TinkerCAD, and lets start&#33;

First of all, grab a pyramid shape from the basic shapes list.

Then, proceed to get two "hole" boxes, these shapes appear on the shape list like this:

These shapes will come in handy, once you figure out how these nifty little tools work, sky's the limit&#33;

Proceed to click, and drag a box to select the pyramid shape, and the two "hole boxes".

Once you clicked and selected the pyramid and the "hole" boxes, click the group button, which is the one shown in the image above.

Congratulations&#33; You successfully have a angled, rectangular wedge. Feel free to use this shape, squash it, squeeze it to your own will.

--

Now, we're not done here just yet, i'm also going to cover triangular, angled wedges, lets begin.

<big>TRIANGULAR ANGLED WEDGES</big>

As seen on my Rebel Yell, the front wedges sport triangular wedges, now these are a bit tricker to pull off, but once you get the hang of them, they're quite easy.

Grab a triangle from the shapes menu/list and make it three-sided, like i did here.

Proceed to rotate the triangle 45 degrees counter-clockwise.

Grab two "hole" boxes, and align them, just like you did with the rectangular angled wedge, although you might need to tinker it until it fully aligns with the triangle.

Proceed to group the shapes.

And we're done here&#33;

--

If you think i did a good job with this tutorial, please say so, and please give me advice for future tutorials. Also, if you thought this was helpful--please do say&#33;
winter! she/they pronouns, trans rights babey!

ROBOT FIGHT NIGHT: MINI
Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

Neophyte Redglare - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals, Cherry Bomb Classic 3 Quarter-Finals
America Offline - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals

"I'm curious what tactical advantage you're hoping to gain by sacrificing a portion of your bots size/weight for a deployable banana"
-NWOWWE, 2017

Madman
Team: Tartarus Robotics Group

Post by Madman » Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:28 pm

If you wanna make a right-angled triangular wedge, you can rotate a pyramid 45 degrees and cut three of the corners off.
If you wanna make a plow out of a single piece, you can use the TinkerCAD Octagon that you'll find under 'Community Shape Generators'. Then just group with holes to cut away whatever you don't need.
Tartarus Robotics Group: Infinitely wise and merciful since 2016
(don't ask about before that)

Black Dog ||| Hellhound V ||| Blood Eagle ||| Santangelo ||| Hellhound VII ||| Hoarfrost

Mechanized Mayhem: 0-0
Heavyweight: Danger Zone (0-0)
CBC4: 26-5
Featherweight: Black Dog III (6-2)
Lightweight: Blood Eagle (7-1)
Middleweight: Hoarfrost (9-0) CHAMPION!
Heavyweight: Santangelo (5-2)
Current Roster: 183-40 (.821)
Black Dog (ROBOTS - MW*, ROBOTS3 - FW, CBC4 - FW): 26-5
Blood Eagle (CBC3 - LW*, CBC4 - LW): 15-2
Danger Zone (Mechanized Mayhem - HW): 0-0
Detroit Iron (ICEcrown - SHW): 6-2
Hellcat (Thunder Underground - MW): 2-0
Hellhound (R: Extinction - HW, Pressure Drop - HW, RB2 - HW, ROBOTS - HW, New Blood - HW*, ROBOTS 3 - HW*, Thunder Underground - HW): 46-11
Hoarfrost (RB2 - MW, Armageddon! - MW, Ruination 4 - LW, Thunder Underground - LW, CBC4 - MW*): 23-5
Krakatoa (Robo-Con - LW, Ruination 4 - SHW, Thunder Underground - LW): 11-2
Meanstreak (RB2 - LW, Ruination 4 - HW): 10-3
Santangelo (CBC3 - SHW*, CBC4 - HW): 13-3
Sundancer (Ruination 4 - MW, R: Revival - MW, REDDIT - HW, R: Evolution - FW): 21-4
Talons Out (ROBOTS - FW): 10-3
Thundercaller (Vexed!): 1-0
Yet to Fight
Hadean, Intimidator, Kurosaki-kun, Midnight Sun, Neon Rampage
Retired
Eye of Newt, Morality, Savage, Tiger, Vicious, Wild Child
ARC Hall of Fame
Hellhound - #1
Black Dog - #2
Blood Eagle - #11
Sundancer - #24
Hoarfrost - #49