Team Foxtrot Uniform

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
winternimbus
Team: Team Foxtrot Uniform

Re: Team Foxtrot Uniform

Post by winternimbus » Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:35 pm

posted this on the discord but y'all should see it here too

Instant Milkshake

it's a fast speed drum with a neapolitan wedge. it does stuff and is prolly gonna be a HW

winternimbus

Post by winternimbus » Sat Apr 18, 2020 5:35 pm

Insambulance

4-bar flipper raised

LW 4bar speedy boy slipper

winternimbus

Post by winternimbus » Sun Apr 23, 2023 8:03 pm

Oh Shit, Ants!

configs:

the emissary of the ant nation is here, and it's pissed.

the flag is bendy, flexible--not meant to be anything else but an ablative decoration displaying Oh Shit, Ants! undying honor towards the ant nation. anyways.

4wd lw speed vert. hopefully not going to end up as Harrodown Hill 2: Harrowdown Harder

winternimbus

Post by winternimbus » Tue May 02, 2023 10:30 am

America Offline

SPEED - 6 | TRACTION - 5 | TORQUE - 2 | WEAPON - 8 ( 7 disc / 1 arm) | ARMOR - 9 (+2 front wedge)

returning after who-knows-how-many years, completely redesigned as a hammer-saw and with more political literacy in my noggin since it was first debuted in 2017, america offline is an experimental control hammer-saw using a clutch-powered arm. basically, as the asymmetrical disc spins up, using the force and energy the disc generates--the arm will be able to slam down on it's opponent in rapid succession. think sawblaze.
the front wedge is hinged and shock-mounted to help reduce blows from spinners--the front wedge is hinged on a downwards limiter, and the rear wedges are hinged without any limiters--as the rear wedges act as balancing supports whenever the arm of america offline strikes down.

winternimbus

Post by winternimbus » Wed May 17, 2023 3:10 pm

Break Dash

ABR PLOW

ANTI-VERT SCOOP

SPEED - 7 | TRACTION - 7 |TORQUE - 4 | WEAPON - 2 | ARMOR - 10 (+2 segmented wedge / ABR plow / anti-vert scoop)

in a possibly-first for advanced robot combat, introducing the first transgender waifubot! it counts if it's based off of a character that you headcanon as being transfem, right?
based off of pluto from megaman world 5 for the gameboy (i.e. the one with the sick as fuck alien robots), break dash is an otherwise bog-standard 360 degree lifter with interchangeable wedges. the forks that are exclusive to the segmented wedge setup are hinged on a ~5-10 degree limiter both ways, and can be removed if needed.
the forks in the segmented wedge setup, alongside a series of ballasts/counterweights/whatever near the back of the robot are intended to prevent it from square waving for the sake of clarity
ooooohhhh. you like funny space catgirls. ooohhhh

winternimbus

Post by winternimbus » Sun May 21, 2023 1:15 pm

Material Defender

PLASMA CANNON (DRUM SETUP)

SUPER LASERS (EGGBEATER SETUP)

ANTI-HORIZONTAL WEDGE

STANDARD CONFIGURATION

SPEED - 5 | TRACTION - 4 | TORQUE - 1 | WEAPON - 12 | ARMOR - 8

ANTI-HORIZONTAL WEDGE CONFIGURATION

SPEED - 5 | TRACTION - 4 |TORQUE - 1 | WEAPON - 10 | ARMOR - 10 (+2 front wedge)

standard-fare drum spinner here, besides the theming of the lesser-known 90's FPS descent. you should play descent, rodney dangerfield likes it it seems. forks and the anti-horizontal wedge are hinged--albeit on a ~5 or so degree limiter downwards. anti-hs wedge is shock-mounted in hopes of reducing the damage to the actual frame.
by the way, YES--this is invertible (god bless the new tinkerCAD sim lab for it's ability to prove this and test it out), both in the forks setup and the anti-horizontal wedge setup

winternimbus

Post by winternimbus » Sun May 21, 2023 2:13 pm

NEOPHYTE REDGLARE

ABR PLOW

ANTI-VERTICAL SETUP
SPEED - 7 | TRACTION - 6 | TORQUE - 4 | WEAPON - 3 (2 front wedge / 2 top lifting forks)| ARMOR - 10 (+2 front wedge system)

homestuck may be a former special interest of mine, but by far redglare has been one of my most well-known robots so--we're bringing her back from the dead after a long hiatus of not competing.
redglare is an electric motor-operated rear-hinged and front-hinged lifter, the front wedge and top lifting forks can both operate independently, the front wedge can move about 45 degrees or so up and down, and the top lifting forks can move 90 degrees forward. can self-right, it's set up so it won't zombie killer if on it's side w/o the front wedge. there's a counterweight ballast system in the back of the robot in order to prevent square wave syndrome while lifting opponents on it's front wedge.
the anti-vertical setup features a larger wedge "lip", and a thick teal-colored sheet of UHMW plastic mounted on the top lifting forks in order for verts to catch and stall their weapon on--think sawblazes' "eyelash" setup that it used against monsoon

winternimbus

Post by winternimbus » Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:11 pm

dropping this here so i have good access to my team signup template :v

ignore the placeholder images. or don't. i'm not a cop
"Fighting our robots means that your robot will end up either MIA, KIA, or OOTA."

LIGHTWEIGHT

RESERVE

HERE'S WHERE A SCREENSHOT OF AN ALTERNATE SETUP WOULD GO

SPEED - ANTS | TRACTION - ANTS | TORQUE - ANTS | WEAPON - ANTS | ARMOR - ANTS

funny description goes HERE !!!

winter! she/they pronouns, trans rights babey!

ROBOT FIGHT NIGHT: MINI
Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

Neophyte Redglare - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals, Cherry Bomb Classic 3 Quarter-Finals
America Offline - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals

"I'm curious what tactical advantage you're hoping to gain by sacrificing a portion of your bots size/weight for a deployable banana"
-NWOWWE, 2017

winternimbus

Post by winternimbus » Thu Jul 06, 2023 7:53 pm

PISCES

SPEED - 4 | TRACTION - 2 | TORQUE - 1 | WEAPON - 12 | ARMOR - 7

what? winter making a zodiacal robot that isn't a homestuck reference--despite the fact that she hasn't been into homestuck since ~2020 or so?
this is a little experiment that i'm willing to roll the dice with--pisces is a middleweight vertical spinner multibot consisting of two parts, borealis and australis. or for simplicity's sake and if you don't want to type all that, "fish one" and "fish two" :v
the front wedges on both robots are hinged with about a ~10 degree limiter downwards, and have no upward motion for obvious reasons. they're also shock-mounted too for what it's worth

Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

Neophyte Redglare - Robot Fight Night: Season 1 Quarter-Finals, Cherry Bomb Classic 3 Quarter-Finals

"I'm curious what tactical advantage you're hoping to gain by sacrificing a portion of your bots size/weight for a deployable banana"
-NWOWWE, 2017

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:51 am

I feel like mounting wedges on hinges and shock mounts is probably overkill and/or not particularly practical.

also hinging them will probably make them worse than having them be static/mounted on stiffer shocks, since the bots are 2WD.

they are very shape and I like the appearance a lot

winternimbus

Post by winternimbus » Sat Jul 15, 2023 11:32 pm

Venice Queen wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 12:51 am I feel like mounting wedges on hinges and shock mounts is probably overkill and/or not particularly practical.

also hinging them will probably make them worse than having them be static/mounted on stiffer shocks, since the bots are 2WD.

they are very shape and I like the appearance a lot
aye, that's fair--i'm mainly chalking my knowledge of ARC meta tomfoolery up to a very outdated memory so that's likely why i just slapped on "they're hinged" lmao

Break Dash - 1-1
Neophyte Redglare - 1-1

-NWOWWE, 2017