Team Metal Meltdown

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
DrummerBrian95

Team Metal Meltdown

Post by DrummerBrian95 » Thu May 26, 2016 8:36 am

At first I was planning to just rename my Neon Knights Robotics thread and continue on with the new name of my team, but ultimately I decided to just make an entirely new thread, to kinda symbolize an entirely new chapter of my robot designs. I've learned a lot, and I feel like I've improved my designs tenfold since first joining here. So, for the inauguration of Team Metal Meltdown, I would like to present my team for Ruination: The Upheaval!

Lightweght: Jawbreaker

Fast, tough, and tremendously powerful, this 6WD lightweight is aptly named. The only weapons are a heavily armored front wedge, and two rear spikes, but that's all it needs to smash and slam its opponents all over the arena. The front wedge is fixed to the main chassis, but it has a hinged lip at the front to help it get under opponents. The weakness is the exposed wheels, but it has 2 sets of wheels for a total of 12, allowing for a backup if one should happen to get torn off. Fully invertible, but the wedge becomes useless.

Stats
Speed: 9
Traction: 7
Torque: 4
Weapon: 0
Armor: 10(+2 to front wedge)

Middleweight: The Green Manalishi

Straight out of your LSD-induced nightmares, this menacing middleweight is sure to torment the rest of the bots. Its signature weapon is the lethal vertical spinning bar, affectionally referred to as the bot's "two-pronged crown". It uses a single tooth carefully designed to be perfectly balanced, and can potentially hurl other bots up to 3 feet into the air when it strikes! The bot's extra-wide wheelbase negates the risk of gyroscopic instability, and the direction of the weapon's spin can be reversed at the flick of a switch if flipped. Fully invertible.

Stats
Speed: 6
Traction: 4
Torque: 1
Weapon: 12
Armor: 7

Heavyweight: Poseidon's Fury

Much like the God of Water it's named after, this 4WD robot's most distinguishing feature is its mighty trident. While it can't be used to rule the entire ocean, it does work as a fine lifting device. The length and extreme low profile of the prongs means that it can get under essentially any skirt configuration out there, and can also get underneath a good number of spinning weapons out there. The prongs have a full 180* range of motion, meaning that they lose no effectiveness when inverted. If that's not enough, the robot also has a hinged, armored wedge at the rear to deal with the spinners out there. The wedge becomes useless when inverted.

Stats
Speed: 7
Traction: 7
Torque: 3
Weapon: 4
Armor: 9(+2 to rear wedge)

Super Heavyweight: Hellhammer

Straight from the depths of Hell, created by Baphomet himself(okay, not really), comes the most sinister hammer bot ever devised. It's a walking robot utilizing the revolutionary ring/piston propulsion system, and it's armed with a massive potential energy powered hammer. What do I mean by "potential energy"? Instead of a kinetic energy weapon which transfers the energy of motion from one component to another, this system relies on a massive amount of stored energy, which at the flick of a switch is discharged all at once. Think of the weapon system like a torsion catapult. In this robot, two hydraulic rams are connected to a massive steel coil, and when activated, pull back on the coil, building up to 2 tons of stored energy. When the energy is released, the 50 lb(22.5kg) hammer slams down at 100+ mph, and resets itself just a quickly. However, there are two drawbacks to such a system. 1)It takes roughly 5 seconds for the rams to get the coil up to full pressure, and 2)The forces involved when the hammer is fired lifts the entire robot off the ground like a bucking bull at a rodeo, and can potentially cause it to overturn. If the robot does end up on its back, the hammer can be fired at a very low pressure to get it back on its feet.

Stats
Speed: 5
Traction: 3
Weapon: 16
Armor: 11
Last edited by DrummerBrian95 on Thu May 26, 2016 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Team Metal Meltdown

Post by Venice Queen » Thu May 26, 2016 8:18 pm

Liking Jawbreaker a lot - really nice stat spread there. any particular reason why you went for a static wedge with an extender over a hinged wedge?
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

DrummerBrian95

Team Metal Meltdown

Post by DrummerBrian95 » Thu May 26, 2016 8:25 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>May 26 2016, 08:18 PM</dd></dl><div>Liking Jawbreaker a lot - really nice stat spread there. any particular reason why you went for a static wedge with an extender over a hinged wedge?[/quote]Honestly, I don't think it makes any real difference, but the idea is that the hinged lip gets them onto the wedge, and the wedge itself acts like a battering ram when it drives the opponents into the wall. The way this tournament works though, there really won't be much of a difference between a fully hinged wedge versus what I have on Jawbreaker.

DrummerBrian95

Team Metal Meltdown

Post by DrummerBrian95 » Sun May 29, 2016 1:17 pm

NEW ROBOT&#33;&#33;

Keeping with the TMM theme of taking things to a new level, I've created what may be one of the most ferocious SHW spinners ever.

I present to you: Killermanjaro

It's an Omni-Drive shell spinner, named after the infamous African volcano, and should certainly cause volcanic levels of destruction. On the shell are 4 massive teeth, which just barely skim above the floor, to sink deep into, tear and thrust away like debris from a volcanic eruption. It cannot self-right should it be flipped.

Stats
Speed: 4
Traction: 3
Weapon: 14
Armor: 8

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Team Metal Meltdown

Post by GF93 » Sun May 29, 2016 4:40 pm

Just so you know, Kilimanjaro's an extinct volcano. They now grow tea on its slopes. :P

But yup, I like the pun, along with the design itself.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Team Metal Meltdown

Post by That Kode Guy » Sun May 29, 2016 5:16 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>May 29 2016, 04:40 PM</dd></dl><div>Just so you know, Kilimanjaro's an extinct volcano. They now grow tea on its slopes. :P[/quote]So? I made a pun on Krakatoa's name and designed that. :v:
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

DrummerBrian95

Team Metal Meltdown

Post by DrummerBrian95 » Tue May 31, 2016 5:36 pm

<big>NEW ROBOT&#33;&#33;</big>

When I first joined this site, I was a bit naive; a bit out of touch with how far fighting robot technology had advanced in the last 10ish years. And it was shown very clearly in my first tournament, "Ruination: The Contagion".

Now, under the Team Metal Meltdown name, I've taken one of the bots from that tournament, completely rebuilt it, and made it hopefully lightyears better. Introducing: The all new and improved Airtime&#33;

Don't think there should be too much explanation necessary. Still 2WD, still has the trademark Neon Knights team color scheme, still has the powerful flipper. But this time, the front spatula of the flipper is hinged instead of fixed, which means it will have much less trouble getting under opponents. It's also faster, more maneuverable, better armored, but can still potentially flip its opponents up to 5 feet into the air. Obviously can self-right.

Stats

Speed: 7
Traction: 6
Torque: 2
Weapon: 6
Armor: 9

Venice Queen

Team Metal Meltdown

Post by Venice Queen » Tue May 31, 2016 7:05 pm

looks like Kite :P
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

DrummerBrian95

Team Metal Meltdown

Post by DrummerBrian95 » Tue May 31, 2016 7:09 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The_Angry_Goat</dt><dd>May 31 2016, 07:05 PM</dd></dl><div>looks like Kite :P[/quote]Wait, what's Kite?

This was inspired by The Matador. I don't know what Kite looks like or who made it, but if the new Airtime looks like a ripoff, it's accidental.

Venice Queen

Team Metal Meltdown

Post by Venice Queen » Tue May 31, 2016 7:39 pm

old 'bot of Kody's, and it's really just a passing semblance, but I noticed it and decided to point it out anyway :v:

‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Badnik96

Team Metal Meltdown

Post by Badnik96 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:59 pm

The sides of your flipper are pretty big spinner targets. I'd make something to keep that from happening.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Team Metal Meltdown

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:07 pm

Pretty nice, can KIND of see the resemblance to my bot a little.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Venice Queen

Team Metal Meltdown

Post by Venice Queen » Wed Jun 01, 2016 1:30 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jun 1 2016, 01:07 PM</dd></dl><div>Pretty nice, can KIND of see the resemblance to my bot a little.[/quote]:v:
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122