British Robotics

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Tue May 27, 2014 3:40 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>May 27 2014, 03:30 PM</dd></dl><div>Nice&#33; Always good to see another Shockwave-like design around, it looks pretty solid.[/quote]You mean Shockwave from Robot Wars?

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

British Robotics

Post by GF93 » Tue May 27, 2014 4:29 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Team~British~Robotics</dt><dd>May 27 2014, 03:40 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>May 27 2014, 03:30 PM</dd></dl><div>Nice&#33; Always good to see another Shockwave-like design around, it looks pretty solid.[/quote]You mean Shockwave from Robot Wars?[/quote]Nope, I'm referring to this guy-
Shockwave, made by G-Force. It was a former Champion here on ARC, and one of the designs that made the Clamp/Lifter combination popular on the site. Shown here is the final version, Shockwave Beta- my own robot Master of Puppets was based a lot on him.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Tue May 27, 2014 4:33 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>May 27 2014, 04:29 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Team~British~Robotics</dt><dd>May 27 2014, 03:40 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>May 27 2014, 03:30 PM</dd></dl><div>Nice&#33; Always good to see another Shockwave-like design around, it looks pretty solid.[/quote]You mean Shockwave from Robot Wars?[/quote]Nope, I'm referring to this guy-
Shockwave, made by G-Force. It was a former Champion here on ARC, and one of the designs that made the Clamp/Lifter combination popular on the site. Shown here is the final version, Shockwave Beta- my own robot Master of Puppets was based a lot on him.[/quote]Well hopefully Capture Point will do well... :)

GF93

British Robotics

Post by GF93 » Tue May 27, 2014 8:56 pm

Aye, hopefully. With some solid statting behind it, I reckon it should do alright.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:56 am

A new middleweight called Hermes, a nippy fella too, he's also invertible
Last edited by British-Robotics on Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

NFX

British Robotics

Post by NFX » Sat Jun 28, 2014 10:01 am

Simple, effective design. Not too much to say about it, but with the right stats it could be a promising entry. Good work.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

GF93

British Robotics

Post by GF93 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:32 am

I like. Very solid-looking design, reminds me a bit of King Buxton, actually. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:55 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jun 28 2014, 11:32 AM</dd></dl><div>I like. Very solid-looking design, reminds me a bit of King Buxton, actually. :P[/quote]I researched King Buxton and few off ARC and I was thinking, "what If I made a simple invertible robot that fast, nippy and can make a few good slams" and this is what I came up with. The wheels are nice and protected, the body is like a flat box so there are no spots where it can get caught.

Now, I'm thinking about the interchangable weapons, I know I need to add a bracket for which one to add, these include Armour and weapon, don't static spikes increase the weapon number by +1?

NFX

British Robotics

Post by NFX » Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:52 pm

No, unpowered weapons don't require any weapon points. You can have ramming spikes, dumb thwacks, that sort of thing, and you don't need any Weapon.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:59 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Jun 28 2014, 12:52 PM</dd></dl><div>No, unpowered weapons don't require any weapon points. You can have ramming spikes, dumb thwacks, that sort of thing, and you don't need any Weapon.[/quote]Cheers... at least I made a nice decent robot for the future :)

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:51 pm

Here's the stats and info on the robot of Hermes, if the stats look too high you can tell me and I'll switch it.

Hermes

Speed: 8

Traction: 7

Torque: 4

Weapon: 3

Armour: 8

The robot was technically planned and designed for speed and ramming. There

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:25 pm

Middleweight-Pika-Bot

A second hand substitute robot once Sneak Beast Retires from his first event. Pika-Bot was inspired after the famous Japanese Pokemon character Pikachu which I'm sure you'd know him off by heart. His weaponry contains electric 180 degree forklifts which means for an invertible robot it can go either way. It's two wheel drive which makes it controllable when turning.

On either way up, three long ridges which are teethed, almost like a spike trap is there to catch the opponent and possibly graze the tires for opponents who have big or small tires depending on the shape.

The robot itself can act as a Lift/Ram bot which is basically what it is.

Hope you like my new robot.
Last edited by British-Robotics on Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

British Robotics

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:28 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Team~British~Robotics</dt><dd>Jul 4 2014, 03:25 PM</dd></dl><div>Middleweight-Pika-Bot

A second hand substitute robot once Sneak Beast Retires from his first event. Pika-Bot was inspired after the famous Japanese Pokemon character Pikachu which I'm sure you'd know him off by heart. His weaponry contains electric 180 degree forklifts which means for an invertible robot it can go either way. It's two wheel drive which makes it controllable when turning.

On either way up, three long ridges which are teethed, almost like a spike trap is there to catch the opponent and possibly graze the tires for opponents who have big or small tires depending on the shape.

The robot itself can act as a Lift/Ram bot which is basically what it is.

Hope you like my new robot.[/quote]Image

Seriously though, not too bad. :B
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

British-Robotics

British Robotics

Post by British-Robotics » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:30 pm

When did you make that?&#33;? 0_o

GF93

British Robotics

Post by GF93 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:51 pm

Oh look, it's Pika Four. :P

Seriously though, I do like the look of this design- the way you've done the two-sided Lifting Spikes are quite a good idea.
ICE³ ROBOTICS