Team Ectogasm's workshop

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
prince palatine

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by prince palatine » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:08 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jan 25 2014, 07:07 PM</dd></dl><div>jesus christ

how many fucking wedges do you need on that thing

god[/quote]As many as I need for the job. :P Everyone wants to kill him, he's now prepared&#33;

prince palatine

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by prince palatine » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:09 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Jan 25 2014, 07:02 PM</dd></dl><div>That is the Starship fucking Enterprise.[/quote]Star Trekkin' across the universe&#33;

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:26 pm

Where's the goddamn bot?
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

prince palatine

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by prince palatine » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:29 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Jan 25 2014, 07:26 PM</dd></dl><div>Where's the goddamn bot?[/quote]It's there if you squint hard enough.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:30 pm

there aren't enough contact lenses in the world that could help you find it...
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NWOWWE

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:30 pm

Yeah but now I've got a headache. I think it's become too impractical for its own good.
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

prince palatine

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by prince palatine » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:33 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Jan 25 2014, 07:30 PM</dd></dl><div>Yeah but now I've got a headache. I think it's become too impractical for its own good. [/quote]Explain, cause I fail to see how it would be impractical, all I've done is make the all around protection against wedges much better. And that's just for the wedges mind you. The one for the spinners is the one on the page previous, simplistic yet effective.

prince palatine

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by prince palatine » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:34 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jan 25 2014, 07:30 PM</dd></dl><div>there aren't enough contact lenses in the world that could help you find it...[/quote]Here's a clue, anything that's coloured blue is the bot :P

And don't make any smart ass comments about the purple either.

NWOWWE

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:43 pm

For one I think there is a weight issue now at hand. Given the size, thickness, and sheer number of wedges and skirting this thing now has it's beyond belief for what a LW could actually be or the main body is strafe ting to approach the mass of a single average clusterbot&#33; I'm almost tempted to use a spinner against it now so I can smack it through the air like a hockey puck&#33;

If that doesn't do anything for you how about a balance question. How much weight is really being forced on one of the hinged wedge sets when you have roughly equal hinged wedge dangling in the other side? Instead of the center of balance being closer to one of the wedges you have almost completely in the middle it would seem.

I dunno. I think you're well overthinking things with this wedge horror show.

prince palatine

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by prince palatine » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:48 pm

Well, as chance have it. I was thinking it was gonna look somewhat overweight when it was done. Chances are it's gonna be bumped up to the MW division. That solves that issue I guess.

That Kode Guy

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:48 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Jan 25 2014, 07:43 PM</dd></dl><div>For one I think there is a weight issue now at hand. Given the size, thickness, and sheer number of wedges and skirting this thing now has it's beyond belief for what a LW could actually be or the main body is strafe ting to approach the mass of a single average clusterbot&#33; I'm almost tempted to use a spinner against it now so I can smack it through the air like a hockey puck&#33;

If that doesn't do anything for you how about a balance question. How much weight is really being forced on one of the hinged wedge sets when you have roughly equal hinged wedge dangling in the other side? Instead of the center of balance being closer to one of the wedges you have almost completely in the middle it would seem.

I dunno. I think you're well overthinking things with this wedge horror show. [/quote]That's just what I was thinking. Control is going to be a serious issue as well and it'll fall prey to those hazard-baiting tactics you despise so much.

prince palatine

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by prince palatine » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:49 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jan 25 2014, 07:48 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Jan 25 2014, 07:43 PM</dd></dl><div>For one I think there is a weight issue now at hand. Given the size, thickness, and sheer number of wedges and skirting this thing now has it's beyond belief for what a LW could actually be or the main body is strafe ting to approach the mass of a single average clusterbot&#33; I'm almost tempted to use a spinner against it now so I can smack it through the air like a hockey puck&#33;

I dunno. I think you're well overthinking things with this wedge horror show. [/quote]That's just what I was thinking. Control is going to be a serious issue as well and it'll fall prey to those hazard-baiting tactics you despise so much.[/quote]Read my above statement on the weight issue.

That Kode Guy

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:50 pm

That's not the point. You will still have that issue no matter what weight class you're in.

prince palatine

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by prince palatine » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:53 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Jan 25 2014, 07:50 PM</dd></dl><div>That's not the point. You will still have that issue no matter what weight class you're in.[/quote]Well to balance things out, some of the attachments can be removed for specific control purposes. Such as dealing with the spinners, all the attachments are removed for that. And fighting some rammers, I could remove the back wedges, or keep the wedges and remove the attachments on the plow.

NWOWWE

Team Ectogasm's workshop

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:49 pm

lol
If you are removing all the attachments to fight a spinner your bot is going to be substantially lighter than your opponent. If I'm a spinner fighting you I'm literally begging for you to do that just so it's that much easier to smack your underweight ass into the next world.

And if you're removing the back wedges to fight other rammers why the fuck do you even have them in the first place? :v: