NFX.showcase/CAD

Get your creative juices flowing and submit your own media, art, ariticles, or whatever you think people will find at least mildly entertaining to this site. We promote intelligence.
NFX

NFX.showcase/CAD

Post by NFX » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:02 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>joeychevron</dt><dd>Mar 14 2011&#44; 04:56 PM</dd></dl><div> I like red and green as a colour scheme personally (although I derived it from Windsor & Eton F.C. more than anything else) although my team colours are 'officially' light yellow and navy blue which seem to go better together.

(and I have to second the comments on Kody's CADing skills, when he doesn't go insane texturing things they are virtually second to none and I've been quite happy with the ones I asked for...although I can no longer draw my own because the version of Paint that comes with Windows 7 is frankly totally useless) [/quote]
If you want, you can try Paint.NET. It's a free image editing program that's a lot like MS Paint, but you can have several layers instead of just one, and you can do all kind of crazy stuff like blurring and reflecting and twisting and such. It opens up a lot more doors in terms of creativity than just MS Paint.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle
Override - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 3 pts
MiDAS - Heats: 19 pts / Finals: 0 pts

it was a gigantic masturbation of polygons :v - That Kode Guy

joeychevron

NFX.showcase/CAD

Post by joeychevron » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:05 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Mar 14 2011&#44; 05:02 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>joeychevron</dt><dd>Mar 14 2011&#44; 04:56 PM</dd></dl><div> I like red and green as a colour scheme personally (although I derived it from Windsor & Eton F.C. more than anything else) although my team colours are 'officially' light yellow and navy blue which seem to go better together.

(and I have to second the comments on Kody's CADing skills, when he doesn't go insane texturing things they are virtually second to none and I've been quite happy with the ones I asked for...although I can no longer draw my own because the version of Paint that comes with Windows 7 is frankly totally useless) [/quote]
If you want, you can try Paint.NET. It's a free image editing program that's a lot like MS Paint, but you can have several layers instead of just one, and you can do all kind of crazy stuff like blurring and reflecting and twisting and such. It opens up a lot more doors in terms of creativity than just MS Paint. [/quote]
I may give that a go, thanks for the tip :) is it more like the 95-XP version of Paint?

NFX

NFX.showcase/CAD

Post by NFX » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:14 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>joeychevron</dt><dd>Mar 14 2011&#44; 05:05 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Mar 14 2011&#44; 05:02 PM</dd></dl><div> <blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>joeychevron</dt><dd>Mar 14 2011&#44; 04:56 PM</dd></dl><div> I like red and green as a colour scheme personally (although I derived it from Windsor & Eton F.C. more than anything else) although my team colours are 'officially' light yellow and navy blue which seem to go better together.

If you want, you can try Paint.NET. It's a free image editing program that's a lot like MS Paint, but you can have several layers instead of just one, and you can do all kind of crazy stuff like blurring and reflecting and twisting and such. It opens up a lot more doors in terms of creativity than just MS Paint. [/quote]
I may give that a go, thanks for the tip :) is it more like the 95-XP version of Paint? [/quote]
The layout's a bit more like that, yeah. I'm just really used to it. You can actually get a lot of cool effects out of it, like shadows, and 3D text effects, just with a little bit of ingenuity added to the mix.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

Braveheart / Crash Blossom / Depth Charge / Broken Ghost / Murder Death Unit / Agent X

RoBattle

joeychevron

NFX.showcase/CAD

Post by joeychevron » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:30 pm

There may be problems in that in that 'pictures' 'ingenuity' and 'artistic' for me don't go well together ;P with Falling Down I was working at the level of individual pixels to get everything looking right, which is probably the 'wrong' way to do it.

I'll let you have your thread back now sorry ;P thanks again.

NFX

NFX.showcase/CAD

Post by NFX » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:56 pm

That's cool, I was just spreading the good word of PDN. =D Got a new LW Spinner in the works, I might give it a bit more detail.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

RoBattle

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

NFX.showcase/CAD

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:06 pm

Excuse me? :P Overboard with textures? My 3DS Max days are long gone :P
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NFX

NFX.showcase/CAD

Post by NFX » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:50 pm

Trying out a different style of pictures, which lets me change the stats if I need to, plus there's less blank space for no reason. Decided to use the adorable Ganymede for this one. LED effect was added later in Paint.NET.

EDIT: Got bored again, so I decided to make a workbench thing. Will probably add more detail later. Stuff on top's not really to scale either.

Last edited by NFX on Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

RoBattle

NFX

NFX.showcase/CAD

Post by NFX » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:10 pm

Got a bit bored, and I remembered Alex wanted more drum bots, so I made a concept full body drum with a nice big wedge hinged on the drive axle. =] Probably going to be Middleweight. Don't look too hard at the details, some of the side stuff wouldn't BooleanUnion. Stats pending.

Last edited by NFX on Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

RoBattle

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

NFX.showcase/CAD

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:24 pm

hey look, it's Redrum&#33;

lol, nice render :)
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Badnik96

NFX.showcase/CAD

Post by Badnik96 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:52 pm

Hey look, another piece of AWESOME :D

Also, isn't DBP the name of one of your Stock RA2 LW HS?
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

NFX

NFX.showcase/CAD

Post by NFX » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:56 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Mar 23 2011&#44; 01:52 AM</dd></dl><div> Hey look, another piece of AWESOME :D

Also, isn't DBP the name of one of your Stock RA2 LW HS? [/quote]
Yes it is, but I couldn't think of a good name or colour scheme for it. So I stole that idea as well. I brought Valid Query over before I made Incision, remember?
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

RoBattle

NFX

NFX.showcase/CAD

Post by NFX » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:36 am

This one took a while to get right, but it was completely worth it. =D I kinda got sparked by the discussion about a House Robot Rebellion in the Grudge Match thread, so I decided to make one myself. I thought that since it was a House Robot, I could get away with a 50% stat bonus. It doesn't have to be inside the size or weight limit or anything. Jaws to crush, claws to ram, tail to thwack or lift. Plus there's a flamethrower inside the mouth. Muhuhahaha, etc. It's also a girl.

Last edited by NFX on Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Team Mongoose (358-215)
"The Colour of Awesome"

RoBattle

joeychevron

NFX.showcase/CAD

Post by joeychevron » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:27 am

Looks very awesome, reminds me of the series 3 Cerberus a lot :)

Siphai

NFX.showcase/CAD

Post by Siphai » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:07 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Mar 22 2011&#44; 08:10 PM</dd></dl><div> Got a bit bored, and I remembered Alex wanted more drum bots, so I made a concept full body drum with a nice big wedge hinged on the drive axle. =] Probably going to be Middleweight. Don't look too hard at the details, some of the side stuff wouldn't BooleanUnion. Stats pending.

Image [/quote]
kinda reminds me of martijn's meatloaf, except with more wedge. purple owns.

Area51Escapee

NFX.showcase/CAD

Post by Area51Escapee » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:32 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NFX</dt><dd>Mar 29 2011&#44; 11:36 AM</dd></dl><div> This one took a while to get right, but it was completely worth it. =D I kinda got sparked by the discussion about a House Robot Rebellion in the Grudge Match thread, so I decided to make one myself. I thought that since it was a House Robot, I could get away with a 50% stat bonus. It doesn't have to be inside the size or weight limit or anything. Jaws to crush, claws to ram, tail to thwack or lift. Plus there's a flamethrower inside the mouth. Muhuhahaha, etc. It's also a girl.

Image [/quote]
That thing is fucking awesome. I'm actually pretty jealous now.