NFL Playoffs

Talk about anything relating to the "boob tube" or the "silver screen".
NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

NFL Playoffs

Post by NWOWWE » Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:09 am

Your preaching to the choir man. I've always been real annoyed by those fools that won't make up their minds on McNabb. If they don't genuinely like him, fine, but don't keep flip-flopping whenever its convineint.

Did McNabb have a sub-par game? Yeah, but so did the defence for the the whole first half, and at the end of the 4th Quarter.

The Problem is that the QB position is widely considered the most imporantant, so it gets the most scrutiny, but it takes a whole team to lose.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Siphai

NFL Playoffs

Post by Siphai » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:15 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Ry_Trapp0</dt><dd>Jan 18 2009&#44; 11:16 PM</dd></dl><div> oh hell yes&#33; the only thing that could have made this superbowl better(besides dallas winning it) would be if it were the chargers instead of the steelers&#33; oh well, the steelers are good enough. [/quote]
You're literally the worst human alive. A Dallas fan that also likes the Chargers and the Cardinals? Ugh.

Siphai

NFL Playoffs

Post by Siphai » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:19 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Area51Escapee</dt><dd>Jan 18 2009&#44; 11:39 PM</dd></dl><div> One thing I hate about the Eagles mentality is that they hated McNabb in the regular season because they were underperforming. So it's McNabb's fault, right? WRONG&#33; Then they pull off the impossible and get one step from the Super Bowl and everyone loves him again and thinks he's the best. Now that they lost, he's a hack again. Yep, it makes a lot of sense. [/quote]
The thing I personally don't like about McNabb is that he's never consistent. Obviously noone is consistent 100% of the time, but it seems like every other game he's either throwing the ball at the reciever's feet, or completing TD passes. I mean, it can't be said that it wasn't all his fault that they lost on sunday (that eagles D was completely messed up), but until he's able to play well on consecutive occasions I'm not going to hold my breath.

succotash_54

NFL Playoffs

Post by succotash_54 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:20 pm

I still can't get over the fact that a European is getting so gung-ho about gridiron football, instead of trashing it for either not being the REAL football (soccer), or because the players are pansies who have to wear padding and helmets (unlike rugby).

Siphai

NFL Playoffs

Post by Siphai » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:41 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>succotash_54</dt><dd>Jan 19 2009&#44; 06:20 PM</dd></dl><div> I still can't get over the fact that a European is getting so gung-ho about gridiron football, instead of trashing it for either not being the REAL football (soccer), or because the players are pansies who have to wear padding and helmets (unlike rugby). [/quote]
What can I say? The sport's starting to grow on me, and the World Cup is still 2 years away. And if you think I'm going to watch the premireship or whatever, you've got another thing coming. I've lived in England 8 years and if it's one thing I hate, it's watching Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea, or Liverpool win again. It's just the same 4 teams over and over with tottenham sometimes making an appearnce and gets stale as hell. At least with the World and Euro Cups I get to wait 2 years to watch the Netherlands fail again.

American football is a lot more interesting, from a strategic standpoint, than football. The play making etc. is interesting to see, and it definitely feels like each player is making an active contribution, unlike football. I don't care for the constantly interrupted play, but then again I'll take it if it means you get the fairest call possible. The thing I hate most about real football is the fucking referees. They are all amatuers&#33; I'm not joking. The people who referee in the NFL are professionals, and are actually trained at their job year in and year out. Not to mention they have tons of technology available, as well as like 50 referees on the pitch.

In 'soccer' you get 1 referee and 2 linesmen having to run up and down the pitch for 90 almost uninterrupted minutes. There's no technology available to help. This leads to obvious bad calls, stupid diving, and terrible refereeing. Even the best referees can only hope to be right about 60% of the time. They don't even review plays for christ's sake. Not to mention the fact that it's stupid that they immediatly stop a play whenever they have to call a penalty - in the NFL a flag is thrown, play is continued, and then when the play ends they administer the penalty. But in FIFA, the referee has to call that penalty RIGHT THEN AND THERE. If he let's the play continue, then the penalty is lost forever, and this can result in obvious tripping or harsh tackling without reprecussiosn. Fuck.

I guess I'm just getting so sick of the stupid stale rules in soccer. They can either update the game or lick my balls.

Siphai

NFL Playoffs

Post by Siphai » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:41 pm

Don't even get me started about rugby. I had to play that shit when I was at my british school and I have had enough of that fucking sport.

I have grown fond of Field Hockey and Tennis though, but that's probably saying something else.

Siphai

NFL Playoffs

Post by Siphai » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:54 am

The Baltimore Football Ravens just win Football Games

NWOWWE

NFL Playoffs

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:20 am

I thought only the Giants had the "Football" nickname.
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Siphai

NFL Playoffs

Post by Siphai » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:34 pm

currently voting matt dodge as a pro bowl punter

NWOWWE

NFL Playoffs

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:46 pm

Matt Dodge is our King&#33;
He cannot punt for anything&#33;
Matt Dodge will make sure we win&#33;
That's why Eagles fans all sing:

Siphai

NFL Playoffs

Post by Siphai » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:05 pm

please some divine god make the steelers lose tomorrow

succotash_54

NFL Playoffs

Post by succotash_54 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:06 pm

And give the Lions a spot in the playoffs next year...