Next gen consoles

Talk about the lastest in Nintendo, X-box and, if you can afford it, Playstation. Don't forget about PCs and handhelds, but if you go old-ass Atari on us, we'll cut you off at the knees.
That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Next gen consoles

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:51 pm

Okay, now that they've been released, I feel it's fine to open a thread about it. Also keep PC gaming out of this topic. We don't need to hear that "OMG PCs R TEH BESHT EVAR!!!12 CONSOOLES R LOLOLOL" shit.

Which ones look promising to you? Personally I'm inclined to like the Wii U most, and PS4 not far behind. The X-Box just seems to have lost its way. It's more of a multimedia console than a true gaming console.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

MassimoV

Next gen consoles

Post by MassimoV » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:07 pm

Sounds like people are getting the Xbox out by me so I may end up getting that in the end.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Next gen consoles

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:15 pm

There was a time I might have said the Xbox for sure, but now I'm fairly neutral all around. Halo would have been enough to sway me before, but Halo 4 wasn't as overwhelming as it could have been and I'm not all too hyped for Halo 5. In any case I'm not planning on upgrading any time in the near future.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

playzooki

Next gen consoles

Post by playzooki » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:58 am

they all suck :P
No really, the wii u could be done much better with a tablet, the xbox one isnt really gaming, and you could do that with a pc, and the ps4 costs wayyy more in the UK.

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Next gen consoles

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:04 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Dec 19 2013, 08:51 PM</dd></dl><div>keep PC gaming out of this topic. We don't need to hear that "OMG PCs R TEH BESHT EVAR&#33;&#33;&#33;12 CONSOOLES R LOLOLOL" shit.[/quote]
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Next gen consoles

Post by NWOWWE » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:12 am

But teh mouse and keyboard is so much better than controllerzzz&#33; >__>

The more I think about it the more I'm leaning towards going PS4 eventually. Halo and Mass Effect were originally the main thing holding me to the Xbox, but now Mass Effect is multi-console (for whenever the next Mass Effect game comes out). Literally anything I'd feel like playing, sports games like MLB and Madden and whatever else usually are multi-console as well.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

playzooki

Next gen consoles

Post by playzooki » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:46 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Dec 20 2013, 03:04 AM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>KodeBreaker</dt><dd>Dec 19 2013, 08:51 PM</dd></dl><div>keep PC gaming out of this topic. We don't need to hear that "OMG PCs R TEH BESHT EVAR&#33;&#33;&#33;12 CONSOOLES R LOLOLOL" shit.[/quote][/quote]actually what im trying to say is, things havent really improved.

and the original xbox ftw

Badnik96

Next gen consoles

Post by Badnik96 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:08 am

Meh, I have a Wii U, but I won't use it much aside from Pikmin 3 probably. I'm gonna use my Wii a lot more (because GCN controller support FTW). I like the PS4 but I probably won't get one. XBox One can die in a hole.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

prince palatine

Next gen consoles

Post by prince palatine » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:17 pm

I'm sticking with the 360, got all the games I could possibly want on it So why fork out shitloads of money on another console? I'm happy with what I got. but if I had to choose, I'd lean more to the PS4.

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Next gen consoles

Post by GF93 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:49 pm

Can't afford any of them at the moment, but I'm thinking about getting a Wii U, personally.
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Next gen consoles

Post by V900 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:02 pm

I have a 3DS, does that count?

playzooki

Next gen consoles

Post by playzooki » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:14 am

i still play on my xbox and gba

GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

Next gen consoles

Post by GF93 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:30 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Mr. AS</dt><dd>Jan 2 2014, 07:02 PM</dd></dl><div>I have a 3DS, does that count?[/quote]I'd say so- same period as all of the ones already mentioned after all, and you could probably call the PS Vita "Next-Gen" as well, looking from the other side of the coin.

And yes, I've got one myself- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is what I'm playing at the moment. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

BEES

Next gen consoles

Post by BEES » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:47 am

I will probably get a WiiU for Smash, but that is several months away from being released. There are a few games on the console right now that look interesting, particularly Zelda: Wind Waker HD, and Sonic: Lost World. There is also the promise of Dreamcast emulation, and I'm chomping at the bit for PowerStone and Tech Romancer with a better controller.

At the end of the day, consoles are for social gaming. I don't think PCs do everything better but they're a good platform for online FPS, and so what I miss out on from not having a PS4/XBONE is something I can mostly get on a PC anyway. The downside is that I imagine, much like last time, Nintendo's console will miss out on a lot of 3rd party fighters. New Guilty Gear for instance. Fingers crossed that Blazblue CP will be ported.
<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Quote:</dt><dd>&nbsp;</dd></dl><div>Meh, I have a Wii U, but I won't use it much aside from Pikmin 3 probably. I'm gonna use my Wii a lot more (because GCN controller support FTW). I like the PS4 but I probably won't get one. XBox One can die in a hole.[/quote]
The WiiU pro controller looks better than the gamecube controller anyway. The diamond configuration will be much better for waveshining with fox/falco.
Last edited by BEES on Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

playzooki

Next gen consoles

Post by playzooki » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:20 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>GF93</dt><dd>Jan 3 2014, 10:30 PM</dd></dl><div><blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Mr. AS</dt><dd>Jan 2 2014, 07:02 PM</dd></dl><div>I have a 3DS, does that count?[/quote]I'd say so- same period as all of the ones already mentioned after all, and you could probably call the PS Vita "Next-Gen" as well, looking from the other side of the coin.

And yes, I've got one myself- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is what I'm playing at the moment. :P[/quote]There are people still making the sega mega drive, does that count? :v: