The Pokemon thread

Talk about the lastest in Nintendo, X-box and, if you can afford it, Playstation. Don't forget about PCs and handhelds, but if you go old-ass Atari on us, we'll cut you off at the knees.
GF93
Team: Ice Cubed Robotics

The Pokemon thread

Post by GF93 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:26 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Sep 2 2014, 07:20 AM</dd></dl><div>It seems kind of funny using an Amulet Coin on anyone considering how easy money is to come by in these games. You should be able to find something more worthwhile to swap that out with.[/quote]To be fair, I was training Arondight up in Restaurant Le Yeah and the Battle Maison, so it came in very handy there for earning lots of money as I did so. Now that it's LV100 (And I have over
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

The Pokemon thread

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:32 am

I suppose there's always going with something like a Life Orb. Shell Bell is kind of a fun option in theory, but I'm never very satisfied with the results of using it.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93

The Pokemon thread

Post by GF93 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:35 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Sep 2 2014, 09:32 AM</dd></dl><div>I suppose there's always going with something like a Life Orb. Shell Bell is kind of a fun option in theory, but I'm never very satisfied with the results of using it.[/quote]Suppose that'd be something to consider, too. That takes off a little bit of health with each attack in return for improved damage, doesn't it?
ICE³ ROBOTICS
"Tougher than a glacier, more might than an avalanche, more fury than a blizzard, and more burning passion than a volcano."

NWOWWE

The Pokemon thread

Post by NWOWWE » Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:37 am

Yeah.

Or you could go a bit more specific (and lower boosting) with either the Ghost-type item Spell Tag or Steel-type Metal Coat depending on which move you think you need the boost on more.
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

GF93

The Pokemon thread

Post by GF93 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:48 pm

Might be worth a thought as well, but considering I only have one move of each of those types (King's Shield notwithstanding.), I'll consider other options first.

As for my Mewtwo, I'm thinking-
(Item- Mewtwonite Y)

Psystrike (Very powerful, STAB.)
Calm Mind (Boosting Sp Atk and Sp Def stats.)
Ice Beam/Shadow Ball/Recover (For either additional type coverage, or for additional longevity respectively.)
Aura Sphere (Extra type coverage, good power, never misses&#33;)
ICE³ ROBOTICS

GF93

The Pokemon thread

Post by GF93 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:57 pm

Also found an Abra (Which I will soon evolve into a Kadabra.) fairly recently, so I was wondering as well- would it be possible if I could trade it with someone and back again so that I can evolve it into Alakazam?
ICE³ ROBOTICS

NWOWWE

The Pokemon thread

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:33 pm

If you're not in a huge hurry for it I could help with that on Monday or something.

GF93

The Pokemon thread

Post by GF93 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:10 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Sep 6 2014, 06:33 PM</dd></dl><div>If you're not in a huge hurry for it I could help with that on Monday or something. [/quote]That'd be cool, thanks. I need some time to evolve him anyway, so I'm not in a massive hurry.

Though with some of the mons I have or otherwise could potentially have by evolving (Alakazam, Aegislash, Metagross, Milotic, Garchomp, Salamence, my current selection of Mega Evolutions, etc.), there's definitely potential for me to create some truly formidable teams. And once I've perfected it, not even a whole army of Gen 1 Psychics will be able to stop me. :proud:
ICE³ ROBOTICS

GF93

The Pokemon thread

Post by GF93 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 6:47 pm

One more thing I forgot to ask as well. Does anyone have any spare Enigma Berries?
ICE³ ROBOTICS

GF93

The Pokemon thread

Post by GF93 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 10:44 am

Just evolved one of my Metangs into a Metagross, now. I also obtained another Beldum (With an Adamant Nature, so I might trade the one I've just evolved if anyone wants it.), Audino, Mow Rotom, Porygon, Kangashkan, Wailmer (Which I'm planning to evolve into Wailord.) and an Abra with Magic Guard.

Amazing what you can find on Wonder Trade, these days. :P
ICE³ ROBOTICS

GF93

The Pokemon thread

Post by GF93 » Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:53 am

Quadruple post, but I had another good day with it yesterday. Finally caught Zygarde, and saved my first battle video- there, I was able to beat a team of Ubers (Mewtwo with Mewtwonite X, Shiny Mew, Darkrai, Hydreigon, and Umbreon) without using any of my own Legendaries, which I thought was pretty good.
ICE³ ROBOTICS

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

The Pokemon thread

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:51 pm

Edited thread title, no reason to make a new topic for another set of games. :v:

Also Alpha Sapphire is fucking amazing. Agreed? Agreed.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

NWOWWE

The Pokemon thread

Post by NWOWWE » Sat Nov 22, 2014 12:02 am

Ugh. I'll let you know when I finally get it at Christmas. But at least I'll only be one month behind the times instead of 3 like I was with X/Y :v:

Badnik96

The Pokemon thread

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:56 pm

Alpha Sapphire is the shit. I currently have a 7-member team that I hope to continuously expand. It currently includes Mudkip, Poochyena, Zigzagoon, the event Beldum, Dustox, Taillow and Shroomish. Just beat Brawly.

Just realized my avatar went down. thanks showdown ddoser.
Last edited by Badnik96 on Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

The Pokemon thread

Post by That Kode Guy » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:35 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Badnik96</dt><dd>Nov 22 2014, 10:56 PM</dd></dl><div>Alpha Sapphire is the shit. I currently have a 7-member team that I hope to continuously expand. It currently includes Mudkip, Poochyena, Zigzagoon, the event Beldum, Dustox, Taillow and Shroomish. Just beat Brawly.[/quote]Almost the same as mine. I'm at Slateport and I have Marshstomp, Mightyena, Linoone, Shroomish, Kirlia, and Electrike.

And yes it is the shit. Not shit, but THE shit. :v:
This account is in a state of dimensional flux