Top 10 Video Games

Talk about the lastest in Nintendo, X-box and, if you can afford it, Playstation. Don't forget about PCs and handhelds, but if you go old-ass Atari on us, we'll cut you off at the knees.
NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Top 10 Video Games

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:42 am

I don
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Sparkey989

Top 10 Video Games

Post by Sparkey989 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:30 pm

how the heck can't RA2 be on there? :lol:

Area51Escapee

Top 10 Video Games

Post by Area51Escapee » Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:32 am

10 Donkey Kong 64
9 Super Smash Bros Melee
8 Eternal Darkness
7 Perfect Dark
6 Robot Arena 2
5 Rollercoaster Tycoon Expansion Pack
4 Super Mario 64
3 Jet Force Gemini
2 Resident Evil 4
1 Legend of Zelda Series

Badnik96

Top 10 Video Games

Post by Badnik96 » Sun May 02, 2010 2:24 pm

10.Mario Super Sluggers
9.Paper Mario TTYD
8.Sonic the Fighters
7.Super Mario 64
6.SF-Zero GX
5.Pokemon Red
4.Kirby Super Star ultra
3.Robot Arena 2
2.Mario Kart Wii
1.Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Yeah, some of these games are old but who gives a sh*t.

Darn 3 month bump! my bad XP
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

NWOWWE

Top 10 Video Games

Post by NWOWWE » Mon May 03, 2010 9:44 am

Sonic the Fighters? Yowza, that's pretty obscure.
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

Toxic

Top 10 Video Games

Post by Toxic » Thu May 06, 2010 6:32 am

10. NCAA Football 2005-To this day, still the best NCAA.It had it all. FBS teams, FCS teams, custom intros, real physics.Just an awesome game.I still play it occasionally.

9. Super Mario Series-Its Mario. Can't argue why this is here.

8. Metal Gear Solid SeriesI remember playing the demo of Metal Gear Solid that I got from Pizza hut with a few friends of mine. Even though it was the first two levels, I was in love with it even though it scared the crap out of me.However, If I had to pick one game, Metal Gear Solid 3 would get the nod.

7. NFL Gameday 2004-Even though its not a great sports game, it was one of the first games that I owned that had a multiplayer. Because of that feature was the reason that I had to switch to a controller made of NERF.

6. Dave Mirra's Freestyle BMX-Once again not the greatest game but I put hours into this game on its campaign mode trying to unlock every single item. Playing the crash mode as The Slim Jim guy also took up alot of my time.

5. Ratchet and Clank: Up your Arsenal-I tend to flip flop back and forth between games and I've never really beaten a game completely. This game changed that. One of the last games I owned for the Playstation 2, I can distinctly remember beating it all the through(including unlockables) atleast 6 or 7 times. Loved the story
4. Nascar 98-The game that introduced me to the Playstation 1. I still remember the paintball cheat code by pressing all the shoulder buttons on the controller.

more later....

StarlessSoldier

Top 10 Video Games

Post by StarlessSoldier » Wed May 12, 2010 12:18 pm

10 - Grand Theft Auto 3: This game was my first experience with open world gameplay. I just wandered around in awe of the fact that I could do and go wherever the hell I wanted.

9 - Sonic the Hedgehog 2: I just love this game, can't fully explain why.

8 - The Elder Scrolls 4 - Oblivion: I fell in love with this game from day one. Has an expansive open world, great storyline, and stunning visuals. I could rank it higher but I share most gamers' disdain of cookie-cutter bad guys and a weak combat system.

7 - The Hitman series: I can't really pick a single title from this great series. I enjoy the fact that there are always many options for how to tackle each mission, and a patient and stealthy approach is rewarded.

6 - SOCOM 2: This was the first console game I ever played online and still the most fun. SOCOM was the inverse to most shooters in that you didn't respawn until the round was over. This important gameplay mechanic rewarded tactics and teamwork, while making life hard for the "spray and pray" crowd.

5 - Robot Arena 2: If you are a Robot Combat enthusiast then this is YOUR game. There are literally no other choices. The main thing I love about this game is staying power. I still play it to this day. The wonderous thing about this game is how a small but dedicated community has essentially replaced the game's developers. Ubermod and DSL were sequels in their own right.

4 - Rainbow Six - Rogue Spear: This second installment in the Rainbow Six series was my first foray into online PC gaming and shooters. The tactics in the game were amazingly realistic and the armory was the most expansive and diverse that any game had ever had.

3 - Batman - Arkham Asylum: If you haven't played this game go buy it right now and play it; I'll wait. Done yet? You're welcome.

2 - Diablo 2: This game is one of the rare ones that manages to be maddeningly frustrating and utterly addictive at the same time. An experience based RPG in truest fashion. This is another that I played for a very long time and I still could play today. The franchise of course has been overshadowed by Blizzards other endeavor (which must not be named).

1 - Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 1 & 2: This series set an amazing milestone and probably made Roger "Video Games can never be art" Ebert crap his pants. Nevermind the massive first day sales and X-Box Live community both of which make Halo look like a joke. This game is a shooter that makes you feel. Wait, what? Many shooters have tried it but usually with some depressing cut scenes. Modern Warfare did the unthinkable and killed you. YOU, the player. In the nuclear fallout scene, most people believed they had made a mistake or weren't fast enough. It was completely inconcievable that they were supposed to die. All in all, the Modern Warfare series has actually killed the player 6 separate times. There is of course the "No Russian" controversy, but all in all the series has come as close to true art as any shoot-em-up game will ever come.

Minion33088

Top 10 Video Games

Post by Minion33088 » Sat May 15, 2010 1:52 am

I can't beleive nobody listed Goldeneye for N64 yet?!?! It was one of the very first FPS's and it go me (and many others) into FPS's, and launched dozens of other James Bond video games. When I have company over, some times I still break out the N64 and play 4-player split-screen. Oh the joy of only having 1 joystick!

BEES

Top 10 Video Games

Post by BEES » Sat May 15, 2010 10:57 pm

In no particular order :v:

Zelda: Majora's Mask
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Freedom Planet
Mega Man X8
Sonic 3 & Knuckles
Super Smash Brosh: Melee
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift
Tech Romancer
Killer 7
Dark Souls

Updated to reflect my very utterly different opinions now.
Last edited by BEES on Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NWOWWE

Top 10 Video Games

Post by NWOWWE » Fri May 21, 2010 4:37 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>Minion33088</dt><dd>May 15 2010&#44; 02:52 AM</dd></dl><div> I can't beleive nobody listed Goldeneye for N64 yet?&#33;?&#33; It was one of the very first FPS's and it go me (and many others) into FPS's, and launched dozens of other James Bond video games. When I have company over, some times I still break out the N64 and play 4-player split-screen. Oh the joy of only having 1 joystick&#33; [/quote]
Unfortunetly most other Bond games were pretty lackluster. In all honesty I liked Goldeneye for the multiplayer alone. I was terrible at the single player campaign.

NWOWWE

Top 10 Video Games

Post by NWOWWE » Mon May 24, 2010 1:35 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>StarlessSoldier</dt><dd>May 12 2010&#44; 01:18 PM</dd></dl><div> 1 - Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 1 & 2: This series set an amazing milestone and probably made Roger "Video Games can never be art" Ebert crap his pants. Nevermind the massive first day sales and X-Box Live community both of which make Halo look like a joke. [/quote]
Bullshit. That is a gross exaggeration of CoD's online fanbase over Halo's. However, I do feel the need to admit that I do not like the CoD games so in turn I am spinning my own bias into this. I'll be fair and say that they are close.

i think i got my cat preg

Top 10 Video Games

Post by i think i got my cat preg » Sat May 29, 2010 7:05 pm

goldeneye was cool but perfect dark was better in every way possible

i never played the single player but honestly who plays the story mode in first person shooters for more than a week or so before they go find friends to frag?

no particular order because ranking things is hard and boring to me:

mario kart (all of them)
perfect dark
super mario 64
halo 1, 2, 3
nfl blitz 2000
pokemon gold, and that one that came out for advance that was real pretty lookin'
the original donkey kong for game boy
nba jam for the genesis times one hundred billion

theres probably more but those are the ones that really stand out to me

edit: that's probably like 12 anyways now that i think about it

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Top 10 Video Games

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 1:29 pm

here we go

10. Pokemon Gold/Silver
Awesomeness. The best two Pokemon games to date.

9. Super Smash Bros. Melee
Your favourite Nintendo characters kicking the living shit out of each other. Umm, fuck yeah. Bonus points for the Giga Bowser too.

8. Forza Motorsport 3
Thank God this was gifted to me, it's the best racing game I've ever played. Physically realistic, graphically amazing, and just fun to play.

7. Soul Calibur 3
This was going to be my favourite, but it could be better, sadly. Still, it's just great fun. A great story mode, side modes, create-a-character mode, and the base 8-way run system is just heaven. Plus, Tira, lol. Bit lacking in music than the previous game though.

6. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Not the best Sonic game but pretty damn close. A crazy-fast side scroller with tons of fun-filled action and one of the best soundtracks ever.

5. Lord of the Rings: The War of the Ring
This is so obscure I doubt any of you know about it, lol. Anyway it's an RTS game with so many features and options it's crazy. You can even fuck with a level editor and make the most mind-fucking levels. Bought for me X-Mas time in '03...I played it constantly, lol. If only the music was better...

4. .hack//INFECTION
A friend of mine got me hooked on this, and it's part of a 4-game series. If you're really not into anime-styled games, stay away. Otherwise, GET THIS, if you can. It's an RPG/RTS as well and my favourite one. It's just pure fun, the characters are hilarious, and everything is just classic. The only real thing that drags it down as that you have to get the other 3 games to complete the true storyline. Bah.

3. Super Mario 64
You seriously need me to explain why this is here? Umm...sure. First real 3D Mario game, game physics that are so comical you'll be laughing constantly, awesome tracks, plus the sheer amount of edits this game's now gone/going through...yikes. It truly is a classic, and it deserves to be here.

2. Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles
It takes Sonic 2 and makes it even better, IMO. New shields, a new character, different modes, and THE best soundtrack ever. You'll orgasm once you get to hear the final boss' music. Novelty material.

1. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
Sorry Josh, lol. I've been taken aback by this series ever since the first one came. This is quite frankly THE best game I've ever played. I'm not saying why it's the best, go out and buy it. :P

----

so yeah
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Badnik96

Top 10 Video Games

Post by Badnik96 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:36 pm

Bump to completely change my list

10. Pokemon Black/White
9. Nascar Racing 2003 Season
8. Sonic The Fighters
7. Super Mario Bros series
6. Centipede
5. Robot Arena 2
4. Cave Story
3. Super Smash Bros. series
2. Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald
1. F-Zero GX
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Top 10 Video Games

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:18 pm

not giving reasons this time

10. Super Smash Bros. Melee
9. Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3 (thanks for reminding me Josh&#33; I love this old game)
8. Portal 2
7. Soul Calibur 3
6. Sonic 2
5. Pokemon HeartGold/SoulSilver
4. Grand Theft Auto 4
3. .hack//G.U. series
2. Sonic 3 & Knuckles
1. Super Mario 64
This account is in a state of dimensional flux