Demonic and Supernatural Investigation Bureau

RP Topics will go in here. It's buried inside this forum to keep it from getting confused with the main RP room section.
Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sat May 26, 2018 10:36 pm

<small>This game is split into small, mostly self-contained chapters. This top section will have links to chapter beginnings eventually for ease of re-reading. There's only one chapter right now so it only contains this message about its purpose :v:</small>

<hr />
<big><big>Chapter 1: Lillian</big></big>

<hr />
Over the course of the morning, four coaches pull up outside an otherwise inconspicuous cabin at the edge of the town of Clarkson. One person gets out of each:

First, a man with some old scars and several weapons rattling around on him.
Second, a bookish woman and her dog.
Third, a gentleman of about double the age of the previous two by sight and twice as much armament by sound.
Finally, an extravagantly dressed, very odd-looking fellow, perhaps wearing a suit of gold armor?

and knocks at the front door, which produces a young woman who clearly hasn
poopity scoop

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sun May 27, 2018 1:51 am

Riley observed the crowd, and suppressed visual signs of surprise at noticing Nightcrawler. He'd heard enough about his looks to take a guess that that was him. Good ammunition. The woman looked like she'd never seen the wrong side of a hard day's work, so he was guessing that she was smart or something. Or dead weight to be killed off. He'd learn that later. the big one looked weird as hell, but strong. good enough.

He smiled at everyone. "Well if no one else is going to introduce themselves, I'll go first. Riley Mccolough. Mercenary, Adventurer, here to have a good time and beat up demons."
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Sun May 27, 2018 2:43 am

Lissandra clutches her bags too her tightly and has Damocles stay close at her side. She wasn't entirely sure what she'd been expecting when she accepted the invitation - perhaps some sort of consulting, but two of these men looked like something of ruffians, and the last, flamboyantly dressed figure... she wasn't quite sure what to make of at all. However, as this Riley fellow had introduced himself, it was probably best not to get on their bad side by appearing rude.

"Err... Nice to meet you Mister McColough, and to you all... um... my name is Lissandra Burrows. I'm something of a scholar of the arcane, and this is my dog Damocles.

Umm... do any of you know anything of the details of why we are here?"

BrianTheAmerican

Post by BrianTheAmerican » Sun May 27, 2018 5:50 am

After Henry steps out of his coach he sizes up the crowd. he notices the old man eyeing him a bit funny but thinks nothing of it and quickly moves on to looking over the hulking flamboyant fellow.. Something seemed rather off about him.

Taking a seat in one of the leather chairs and taking a biscuit he introduces himself, "How's it going everyone; the name is Floyd O'Bairr and I heard this job paid good money, so here I am. That's a very nice looking dog you have there is he friendly?"

He then calls for the hostess to ask for a stiffer drink while they wait

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Sun May 27, 2018 11:23 am

Oh, our first job is to socialize. Is this some sort of test just for Pavel? Ever since he was summoned here, Pavlov wondered why he was picked. Does his employer know he is built to fight? Not many know this, but it would explain his inclusion. But even then, why pick Pavlov? There are plenty of more dedicated artificial soldiers out there, once that didn't forsake their background.

"Good day, I am Pavel, I am human."
Last edited by MadBull on Sun May 27, 2018 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Sun May 27, 2018 12:33 pm

"Damocles is a little suspicious of new people, but as long as he doesn't think you are being aggressive, he is friendly enough."

Damocles goes over and sniff the others, but seems to ignore Pavel for some reason.

"Well Mister Pavel, that's nice to know."

She files this odd statement away in the back of her mind for later. It wasn't exactly something most people felt the need to state...

"Do any of you know anything about our new employers?"

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sun May 27, 2018 12:48 pm

At Floyd's request, the young woman opens a cupboard in the kitchen, pulls out a half-empty bottle of whisky, and pours some into a glass for him. "I hope this is okay. We don't have much else around as far as 'stiff drinks' go, especially this early in the day." She overhears Pavel's introduction and her tired face becomes curious for a split second before she disappears into the back room again.

One whiff of the stuff tells Floyd it's not exactly great whisky, but as all the taverns nearby are closed until late afternoon, he knows this is the best he's getting for a few hours.
poopity scoop

BrianTheAmerican

Post by BrianTheAmerican » Sun May 27, 2018 6:12 pm

Floyd takes the glass happily and assures Lissandra that whatever they have will be more than okay. Looking at Pavel he says, "Well that's reassuring, I thought for a second there you were a some kind of animal" and he just chuckles to himself thoroughly amused at his own joke

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sun May 27, 2018 6:58 pm

A few minutes pass. The door to the room the young woman kept vanishing into suddenly swings open, and a large, older gentleman sporting a full beard and mustache combo barges through. The woman trails behind him as he makes himself the center of attention.

poopity scoop

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Sun May 27, 2018 7:04 pm

"Sounds simple enough, sir," Riley said, rising fro his chair. "Shall we be accommodated with living arrangements within the town, or will we be making our own?"
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sun May 27, 2018 7:18 pm

"Ah, of course&#33; I've made arrangements with the local innkeeper already. You will each have your own room there at no cost to yourselves."
poopity scoop

BrianTheAmerican

Post by BrianTheAmerican » Sun May 27, 2018 7:30 pm

Floyd downs the last of his drink before putting it on the table and standing. "So let me get this straight. You put out requests for demon hunters, and our first assignment is to go and check out a place WITHOUT demons that need hunting? You'll still be paying us for this right?"

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sun May 27, 2018 8:10 pm

"Not without demons, just a suspicious lack of obvious ones, my friend. They're everywhere out there, just waiting for someone foul enough to let them take physical form. Don't worry about your pay: I assure you, you will be compensated as promised. In fact, you'll each be getting some of this assignment's payment up front. Sarah&#33;"

Sarah rushes into the back room and returns moments later holding four coin purses, each one jingling as she makes her way to the front door.

"You'll find in each coin purse a sum of 30 silver to use as you see fit. I think you'll find it more than adequate for your work here. Once you're done, you keep what you didn't use, and you'll receive an additional 30 silver once you finish the assignment. If this does turn out to be a false alarm, consider this the easiest 60 silver you'll ever see in your life, eh?"
Last edited by Cha0sFerret on Sun May 27, 2018 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poopity scoop

Venice Queen

Post by Venice Queen » Sun May 27, 2018 8:24 pm

"I don't know about you my friend," Riley said, nudging 'Floyd,' "But I'm more than happy to take money to do nothing. Rest assured though," He turned more grave as he addressed Winthorpe, "If there is a demonic presence there we will snuff. it. out."

and with that, he took his money (thanking sarah), and walked out to the coach
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

BrianTheAmerican

Post by BrianTheAmerican » Mon May 28, 2018 7:20 am

"I suppose when you put it that way..." Floyd says as he takes the silver and follows Riley out of the house. "Plus I suppose it's better the less attention we attract anyway"