Demonic and Supernatural Investigation Bureau

RP Topics will go in here. It's buried inside this forum to keep it from getting confused with the main RP room section.
Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Thu May 31, 2018 2:30 am

Deciding that this would end up beating about the bush for two long if they tried to play games, Lissandra decides to introduce herself.

"Forgive my colleague for his cautious nature around strangers, my name is actually Lissandra, and we have indeed been sent to investigate the...err... lack of happenings within this town. Am I to take it that you believe you know something of this?"

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Thu May 31, 2018 3:35 am

Pavel turns to Lissandra.

"Lissandra?! Yo told me your name was Jessica before we went on this date! And what is this investigation you speak of?! You sure could have told me you were some sort of demon hunter!"

He turns to the reverend.

"Anyway, my name is Jeremy. I have no idea what you 2 are talking about, but since I am here, I may as well help! Hellspawn huh? And you are a reverend? Have you been trying to do something about it?"

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Thu May 31, 2018 12:44 pm

Floyd/Riley
"Ya see, most folk 'round here are into the whole church thing. I ain't. Pretty sure I'm the only one in town that ain't. But Sam, oh, Sam takes it too far. Claims to have visions from God, tries to take over the town through `divine right`or whatever he's callin' it that week. Now apparently, God told Sam one day about how women are supposed to behave or somethin', and Lily don't quite line up with that. Girl's had some bad luck that don't let her live a normal life, ya know? She came her to care for her grandmother, but the ol' woman croaked on day one. She got mauled by wolf a week later and can't use her left arm no more. Can't live a woman's life like that, ya know? So she supports herself now. Sam don't think that's right, and I think the rest of town is too scared to tell him he's wrong about her."

Lissandra/Pavel
"Oh, praise the heavens! I'm the one who called you here, for there is a powerful demon living among us. She has bewitched the town into believing her lies, but the Lord has granted me protection, and by His grace this town will be saved! Lissandra, Jeremy, come quickly! I will lead you to her!" With that, Samuel starts in the direction of the smithy.
poopity scoop

BrianTheAmerican

Post by BrianTheAmerican » Thu May 31, 2018 3:29 pm

"Ah I see. Yeah some people do tend to get carried away with this whole thing" Floyd says to the Smith as he feigns an understanding smile and nod

He then pulls Riley to the side and says under his breath "I don't like this at all. That is an unusual amount of misfortune to fall upon an individual. Especially in such a short amount of time.. And I don't know about you but I find that people who animals don't like are never trustworthy individuals"

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Thu May 31, 2018 5:02 pm

Lissandra is not particularly impressed with this jumping to conclusions. This lady might well be a demon, but taking the word of a slightly rabid seeming preacher didn't seem the best way to determine the truth of the matter.

"Err... slow down there a little - let's walk there at a normal pace. No need to attract attention, and besides, while we walk you can fill me in on the....err.... clues that led you to this. If indeed she is as powerful a demon as you say, it is important we correctly identify what kind so we know how to counter any magics she may have."

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Thu May 31, 2018 5:14 pm

Riley was surprised, he thought "Floyd" was smarter than this. He raised an eyebrow: "you know, sometimes people get hit with all their bad luck at once. Had a cohort twelve years ago in France who lost his best friend when we raided a bandit camp for the local governor. Two days later, got a letter; his entire family had died in a fire back home. And then to top it all off, a slimeball from the group we were in stabbed us in the back and slinked off with all the money we had made from that trip." he furrowed his eyebrows in concern. "That man killed himself a few days later. I'm impressed with this Lilian for having persisted through all of that, and then this harassment on the behalf of this Sam fellow, and I think we should meet her before we come to conclusions."

Riley had already decided that this Sam fellow was going to come out of this adventure disadvantaged in some way. He hadn't quite decided how he'd do it yet, but he would - he didn't like it when people punched the disadvantage while they were down for their dumbass morals - now if he had robbed her or something, he could respect that. but morals got people nowhere: nothing more than a set of rules that prevented people from gaining all that they could out of life. Besides, he didn't want to actually fight a fucking demon woman if he could avoid it. He turned back to the Smith. "Whereabouts does she live, and how do you think she'd take a couple of DSIB investigators showing up on her doorstep?"
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:07 pm

Floyd/Riley
"You can ask her yourself! Since the wolf incident she's been helpin' out 'round back here. One moment." Barnabas turns around and opens the door behind him, letting in all sorts of heat and noise. "Oy, Lily! Some folks are here to see ya! Come out front, will ya?"

A short wait later, a young woman enters the room through that same door. Her left arm is covered from her shoulder all the way down past her fingertips by what looks like a sleeve cut from a very large coat. Her hair comes down over her face and obscures her eyes.

"Hi. What's going on?" She asks, monotone, barely moving her mouth.

Lissandra/Pavel
"Ma'am, with the Lord as my witness, I can assure you that no conclusions have been jumped to. Through careful observation I have indeed confirmed there is something demonic about her! Her behavior, her appearance, everyone else's reactions to her, it's clear to me that we are dealing with a succubus! She has made poor Barnabas, the town smith, her target, and I fear the rest of the town will follow soon after! Please, we must hurry!"
poopity scoop

BrianTheAmerican

Post by BrianTheAmerican » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:50 pm

Floyd is immediately in infatuated. Despite the obviously nonsexual nature of Lily, Floyd can't help but feel a strong attraction to this young woman

"Oh uh hello there" Floyd says noticeably staring at Lily

What should I ask her about? I have to say something or else she might leave.. Oh I know I'll ask her what happened to her arm! No shit I already know that.. Maybe I'll tell her we're demon hunter! No that's stupid why would I want to say that.. Oh I know!

"Whatcha making back there?" Floyd blurts out. "Got any ammo? I prefer .50 cal ball!" Floyd says again completely forgetting he already has 50 charges ready to go literally on his person

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:33 am

With all due respect sir, just you telling me you have evidence will not be enough to satisfy my superiors - you will need to fill us in on what they are before we can reasonably take action on the matter. Not to say this is the case as you are clearly a Man of God, but it isn't unknown for people to attempt to deceive our organization for their own personal end and so there are procedures in place.
Besides, there are variations of Succubi and other beings with similar powers which need handling in slightly different ways, and this it is imperative we identify correctly.
Now, please fill me in all all the....err.. symptoms you have noticed. Do not leave anything out and be detailed - it could make the difference between life and death! We don't want to go in expecting to fight a Common Succubi, only for her to turn out to be a Morrigan-Succubi or a Yewtree Dryad!

(OOC: I don't know how true this stuff is, if it's true that's fine, otherwise I'm just bluffing)
Last edited by Alexjh on Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sat Jun 02, 2018 12:28 pm

Floyd/Riley
"I'm... not sure if I'm allowed to say," Lily responds, still monotone, still barely moving her mouth. She looks to Barnabas for guidance.

"Ah, it's fine!" He assures her. "We got a commission from the next town over from one of Sam's brethren. Steel longsword with some holy symbols baked into it an' what have ya'. I ain't excited about makin' it, but business has been slow here since all the demons been scaring visitors away, and silver be silver no matter who it came from, ya know? Now, ya said something about ammunition? We got a batch of .50 that'll be done by the end of the day. If ya come back in a few hours I'd be glad to sell ya some. And just between us, if ya manage to take Sam down a peg, I'll give ya a discount."

<hr />
Lissandra/Pavel
(OOC: I'll just say that you've made the right choice by forcing him to slow down ;) )

Samuel looks frustrated at first, but he calms down and sighs, understanding that he's probably not going to win out here.

"Damned bureaucracies. Fine, here's the specifics." He goes on a long rant about how all the things he's seen clearly mark Lily as evil. It's quite poorly worded and longer than it needs to be, but it boils down to these points:
  • The timing of her arrival coincides perfectly with how long after the previous demon a new one should have showed up according to the church's tracking department.
  • Lily claims to have been in town to take care of her grandmother, but the old lady in question never talked about having any grandchildren at all. She died immediately after Lily's arrival, as well.
  • She began covering her left arm about a week later, claiming to have been attacked by a wolf, but wolves don't live in this region. Sam suspects that her human form had begun to fall apart from being on Earth too long and she was attempting to cover it up.
  • She began covering her eyes with her hair a few weeks later. Sam suspects the same as above.
  • She very recently began talking strangely. Not moving her lips or changing her tone or really even attempting to talk normally.
  • She's been staying extended hours at the local smithy with Barnabas. Neither one will give him a straight answer about what they've been doing there.
  • And perhaps the most damning evidence yet: she reacts very negatively to holy water.
poopity scoop

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:18 pm

Lissandra ponders this information before responding.

"Our bureaucracy, while understandingly frustrating it there to keep good God-fearing citizens safe. Think of the danger if demons in disguise could trick us into killing humans who were on to them&#33; Unfortunately, for number of your points, which are valid reasons to call experts like us in to further evaluate, and not enough to complete the case on their own. That was some skilled observation for you to bring them to my attention, but we need more info before we can move on her: there are non-demonic explanations for several of them.

Now, some of the points I would like to follow up on:

- Do any other large predators live in the region? Does anyone have any large wolfish dogs?
- Please fill me in on the previous demon - particularly what sort it was and how it met it's end?
- Please elaborate on "reacting negatively to holy water"?

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:35 pm

Lissandra/Pavel
Sam tells you the following:
  • The area does have a few species of large cats, but nothing that could be mistaken for a wolf.
  • The previous demon was an imp, one of the lowest of the demon ranks with no magical abilities. Another DSIB team managed to chase it into a trap and banish it from there.
  • By "reacts negatively to holy water," she looks extremely uncomfortable just standing near the stuff, even when there's no possible way for her to know it's nearby. It's like she can sense it.
poopity scoop

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:55 pm

Lissandra checks her notes to see if the claw marks from earlier match an Imp.

She also requests from the priest whether she could aquire a small vial of holy water.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:37 pm

well this girl sure as hell wasn't doing herself any favors looking like that in this society...and this man was even more useless than he had expected based on his jump to conclusions. Time for some fun. He quickly whispers in Floyd's ear

"you've gained an attraction to her remarkably quickly, perhaps I was wrong"
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:53 pm

Lissandra/Pavel
Lissandra's notes indicate that these particular claw marks aren't even close to those of an imp, but as the damage to the ground is quite old, they're probably from a previous attack by a different type of demon.

Sam happens to have a small container of holy water with him and hands it to Lissandra without question.
poopity scoop