The Skybroken Shore

RP Topics will go in here. It's buried inside this forum to keep it from getting confused with the main RP room section.
MadBull

The Skybroken Shore

Post by MadBull » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:21 pm

His magic depleted, Granite cowardly stands behind the mustots. "Your call guys.".

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

The Skybroken Shore

Post by Venice Queen » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:13 pm

Riain sighs; "Lucky, watch our backs - we'll follow th' trail o' blood, see where that leads, yeah? It'll pro'bly be less threatening than whatever th' fuck that thing might be. could be th' guardsman too. info'd be nice."
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Cha0sFerret

The Skybroken Shore

Post by Cha0sFerret » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:24 pm

"Right, then."

I ready my sling
poopity scoop

Alexjh

The Skybroken Shore

Post by Alexjh » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:13 am

Though the main trickle of blood seems to have originated from inside - near the growling, the party note that it is being supplemented by a second trail that follows the base of the tower on the right, slightly up hill. Leaving the more obvious threat of the growling for now, they follow this trail forward and come upon a dead body - scaring off another gore-crow as they arrive.

It is an old male Mustott - though grizzled would perhaps be a better descriptor - his fur has long turned grey and wirey and his face and body are a patchwork of old scars. His ears have several crude looking earrings punched through on each side and he has woad-dyed some designs into his fur. He is wearing a coat-of-plates and two cruel looking battle-axes are dropped in the knows nearby. Everything about him suggests one thing: a sea-raider. However, this river is certainly not navigable by boat and you are miles inland at a remote outpost - not at all a typical sea-raider target.

As for his demise - it looks like a spear found a gap in the plates near his guts and went in deep, and you note huge deep bite marks in one of his arms outside the armour, of the shape and size to suggest a very large dog or a bear. What you notice about him overall though is how emaciated he looks: sea-raiders are known for typically being large powerful men and women, but this one seems like he hasn't seen much food recently. Nor will he again you suppose...

There are footprints all around this area, but will take a bit of time to decipher due to the quantity of them - it was clear there was certainly a bit of a brawl here.

MadBull

The Skybroken Shore

Post by MadBull » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:55 pm

"... guys, maybe we could go back for loot?"

Venice Queen

The Skybroken Shore

Post by Venice Queen » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:09 pm

"Let's loot this 'ere corpse first, eh? there's still somethin' in th' tower we gotta take care of. or... somethin's." he comments, scratching his head. "those there earring might be worth somethin', and you two could use some hand weapons, e'en if ya ain't much good with 'em. Lucky, either you or me should take th' armor, since mister magic man can usually make 'is own." Riain says while inspecting the area, seeing if he can make hide or tail of the tracks, then inspecting the body for any other valuables.
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Cha0sFerret

The Skybroken Shore

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:43 pm

"I'll take one of those axes, I s'pose. Can't say I'd be all that great with an axe. I'd think you'd be more needing of the armor, mate, seein' how I've got a ranged weapon."
poopity scoop

Alexjh

The Skybroken Shore

Post by Alexjh » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:29 am

In addition to the coat of plates, the two axes and three silver earrings, the raider doesn't have a huge amount on him, however after carefully going through the belongings the party also gathers:

A pair of hobnail boots, suitable for a Mustott
A thick leather belt with a steel buckle
12 copper coins
Old and smelly tunic and breaches
3 strips of what from the smell and fat layers, you guess is possibly walrus jerky.
An old tin of vile smelling snuff
A gold ring with a small black opal

Meanwhile, Riain stares at the footprints, trying to decipher things, and though no one in the party is an expert at tracking, the best guess he can come up with it that there were 4 of the peoples here, including the dead Mustott you have just looted, plus a Tortasi and and two Skine. The paw prints give away the probable identity of the animal inside though - even a layman can recognize they are not bear, but rather would appear to be one of the large dogs of the region - perhaps a Fjord Mastiff. Riain has a bit of nature knowledge and he knows those are huge dogs - probably weighing a reasonable bit more than a Skine - the largest and heaviest of the people, and used for defending villages from raiders, bears and other large predators, plus hunting more dangerous game like boar. They are intensely loyal once that loyalty is won, but can kill someone if they decide they want to without too much difficulty. Due to their size, people also often give them harnesses and use them as pack animals.
Last edited by Alexjh on Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

MadBull

The Skybroken Shore

Post by MadBull » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:16 am

"I wouldn't there mess with that dog, but maybe tracing the paths of the people may be worth a go?"

Alexjh

The Skybroken Shore

Post by Alexjh » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:09 pm

Without actually following the tracks or having particular skills in doing so, you can still deduce a little given the snowy footprints:

- The larger of the two Skine and the dog seem to have started off in the tower and then exited along the Southern path to Porthcollen and then returned here in a hurry.
- The others seem to have followed the big Skine back, including the now-dead Mustott. The Tortasi and the other Skine appear to have backed the big Skine and the dog into the tower, from which none of them left.

The noises the dog is making shift away from growling again to a worried whining - clearly the noise of an upset animal.

Venice Queen

The Skybroken Shore

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:27 pm

"well mate, everythin' seems t' lead back to th' tower" Riain says while putting on the armor "ooh! chilly! so er... yeah. I imagine that dog could be pacified instead of fought ya know. not that any o' us are much good with animals..."
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Cha0sFerret

The Skybroken Shore

Post by Cha0sFerret » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:43 pm

"Well, I'm no expert, but I figure that dogs like meat, and we have that walrus jerky stuff. Maybe if we feed it some it won't kill us."
poopity scoop

Venice Queen

The Skybroken Shore

Post by Venice Queen » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:11 am

"ay, I think that's a fine idea, as long as you're th' one t' try it." Riain throws his head back and gives a hearty laugh, patting Oskar on the back.
‽ ROBOTICS

fridge ~ V900

get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Alexjh

The Skybroken Shore

Post by Alexjh » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:16 am

Riain and Oskar edge towards the door of the tower with the walrus jerky ready. Granite seems to have decided on the other hand that without magic to back him up he isn't taking any risks at all until he has slept to get it back and loiters around outside.

As they enter the tower, a brutal scene unfolds before them: the smaller Skine and the Tortasi were also Sea-Raiders as well and lie dead on the floor in pools of their own blood - the Tortasi's throat torn out by teeth and the Raider-Skine with a deep chest wound. However of more immediate concern is the Dog and the larger Skine. Now you are inside you can see that the dog is large even for it's kind but somewhat advanced in years: it comes up to near shoulder height on the two Mustott but has the greying fur and slightly drooping body that comes with age, and is shielding the Skine with it's body who is breathing deeply and uneasil.

The dog gives out a guttural growl in defense of it's master, presumably worried your party is a set of new raiders, but upon gingerly presenting it with the walrus jerky which it approaches with suspicion before it swallows whole, it instead returns to the low whine and with a low and defeated wag tries to bring you over to the Skine. As you approach, he stirs slightly and looks at you with cloudy eyes - this Skine is just as aged as his hound and even with your limited knowledge you can tell that without any magical healing available, he has lost too much blood to last much longer. The dog whines helplessly at his master's distress.

"I....I guess you are all from.... Grimcove?"
A cough flecks the floor infront of him with blood.
"I... don't have much..... time unless one of you happens to be a darn good healer?"
There is the slightest hint of hope in his eyes for a moment before it vanishes at the still expression on the parties faces.
"I must ask you to... to look after Henry for me - he's old but still strong and will feed himself in the outdoors, but he needs.... he needs... someone to keep an eye out for him, and he can help you carry your stuff and you can't have a better friend in a fight" - Another cough - "He's tougher than an old Skine warrior as you can see!" -
Henry the Mastiff licks his face worriedly and the slightest smile from the dying Skine.
"Take anything in the tower you need - I don't think anyone else will be coming this way for a while - haven't even heard from Portcollen since the end of last Summer"
"Now quickly, I don't have much time now but if there is anything you need to ask me, you better say it now while I'm still around, not much time in me..."

MadBull

The Skybroken Shore

Post by MadBull » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:52 pm

Im totally gonna stay safe for the rest of the day!

thinks Granite