The Spring Corps

RP Topics will go in here. It's buried inside this forum to keep it from getting confused with the main RP room section.
The Monsterworks
Team: The Monsterworks

The Spring Corps

Post by The Monsterworks » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:05 pm

Kuruth'Ondor understands little of this talk. All that he knows is that a disappearing metal man that can make copies of itself just attacked him and the rest of their party. That, and Dr. Taylor mentioned a 'universe-ending bomb'. The Grappellians and Udroq like to use bombs. They are powerful and they kill his warriors in a cowardly manner. He does not take a seat. The chairs here are puny and he would break them.

"What is this 'robot'?" He demands, tired of the women interrogating Dr. Taylor. "What are these 'amps' and how do they make your city powerful? If you can simply cause someone or something to become powerful, then I demand to be paid in power for my services!"

He continues, though, getting to the heart of the argument as he sees it. "You have brought us here without our consent, and I expect you to fix this state of affairs, but first, it would be a good idea for you to be completely truthful and for the group of us to focus on our obvious enemy instead of a secondary problem. If others are being thrown into this world, it is true that we can search for them and maybe even save a couple. That is a bandage on a deep wound, however. I say we staunch the bleeding by going after The Spring Corps." And seeing if I can find a way to make myself, and maybe my people more powerful? No, I will have to learn more first. The cost may be too great. "After that, you will either lessen your lust for power so that it does not draw innocents into this world, or you will remedy the problem. If you do not, you will watch me go from steadfast ally to implacable foe." Kuruth'Ondor leans forward, gripping the back of a chair, and looks around. "That is all."
Mastodon... Extinction (HW)
Osiris... Armageddon! (MW)
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
Magnolia Pico... Ruination 4 (MW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Black Diamond... Cherry Bomb Classic 3 (HW)
MADSCIENCE... ROBOTS 3 (LW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

The Monsterworks: 214-57 (.790) ...Probably up to no good.
Cherry Bomb Classic IV: 25-4
Finishing Move: 6-2
Magnolia Pico: 6-1
Magnolia Grande: 6-1
Glacier III: 7-0
ROBOTS 3: 21-6
Sixpounder: 3-4
MADSCIENCE: 9-1 Champion!
Abyss: 9-1 Champion!

Cha0sFerret

The Spring Corps

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:23 pm

Taylor is taken aback by Saalima's suggestion and Kuruth'Ondor's rapid-fire questions and threats. He takes a moment to breath before acknowledging them.

"First... yes, you have a point. You are the first I know about. That... doesn't mean there aren't others, right. I'll see what I can do about that, get in touch with the other digsites that run on Amp power and try to sort all this out before it gets worse. The robot thing, I have explained as best I can already. I apologize if you don't find it sufficient, but this one didn't start from an urban legend like the red mist did. This is the first encounter with this thing. That I know of, anyway, before you go and point that out again." He picks a pen up from his desk and twirls it between his fingers idly. "Now, as for the rest of your, er... requests. The Amps are... well, we're not entirely sure. We've found five of them so far, and the discovery process for using them for power was very much... trial and error. Being paid in power is a strange concept, I must admit. Nobody's tried drinking the stuff that comes out of it, and I'm guessing there's a good reason for that, but... hmm." He puts the pen back down. "Tell you what: you've proven yourselves pretty capable. If you can get the stolen Amp back from these guys, I'll reward you. I'd rather not give you the triwhatsit directly for safety reasons, but I do have some stuff in my old sword collection I've had my engineers working on with the stuff. You look like you'd be interested in that, no?" He directs this at Kuruth'Ondor specifically.

"Of course, there's the matter of tracking them them down. I'm not sending the ones who saved my life into the wastes on foot. You, uh... I don't think I actually got most of your names. Green-haired girl!" Taylor calls to JunJun. "The big guy from the roof. It looked like he gave you something after your little fight?"
poopity scoop

The Monsterworks

The Spring Corps

Post by The Monsterworks » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:32 pm

Kuruth'Ondor gets the impression that he has misunderstood the way that they're using the word power. This is a queer place with its magicks and marvelous technologies, and yet it is also a broken place. Perhaps there is a lesson to be learned here, he muses to himself. Swords, however, he will gladly take. Dr. Taylor must be a wealthy man indeed to have an entire collection, especially since he is clearly no warrior. "If there are no matters more pressing, I would like to see these weapons of yours."
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

The Spring Corps

Post by That Kode Guy » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:55 pm

JunJun swears she told him her name before already, but maybe he's forgetful. Or maybe I'm forgetful... nah it's definitely him. "Look, I'm JunJun. My sisters call me Juno. We're the Amazoness Quartet, if you ever meet them," says JunJun, cross. I hope not though... I don't want them stuck here either.

"As for this..." she pulls out the pink... object that Daff handed to her. "I don't have a clue what to do with it, or even what it is, so I guess it couldn't hurt. Here."
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

The Spring Corps

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:34 pm

not a fan of that body language she thinks as Kuruth talks though he's using to bring a point across to Taylor...intentionally?...seems to mean well, as best as he can at least...

she sits back in her chair, glaring at Dr. Taylor; her questions weren't entirely answered, but it will do for now. as for him taking whatever it is Juno has... it is interesting...

she looks at it, quite intensely
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

Cha0sFerret

The Spring Corps

Post by Cha0sFerret » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:29 pm

Dr. Taylor takes the strange pink object from JunJun and examines it, flipping it in his hands several times.

"Hm... this is... this is pink. Hehe... I know that much. It looks like there's a button on it. Rather not press it, though." He extends his arm to give the device back to JunJun, but it slips out of his hand. He tries to catch it on the way down, but it's no use, and it hits the floor and vanishes instantly.

Everyone is frozen momentarily, in shock, trying to piece together what just happened. The pink object is gone... as is the orange alien companion, who had just seconds earlier been sitting comfortably in the room.

<hr />
<big>Elsewhere...</big>

A certain Italian man suddenly finds himself in the center of a very large, rectangular, empty room. The walls and floor are metal, and a single door in one of the near walls marks the exit.
poopity scoop

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

The Spring Corps

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:32 pm

...WHAT?

That's all JunJun can really make of what just happened. She stares around at everyone, mouth slightly open.

Unhelpfully, she raises her palms up and finally says, "I-I didn't do that. You know I didn't."
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

The Spring Corps

Post by Venice Queen » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:46 pm

Saalima emits a surprised grunt, and pats herself and her wheelchair down real quick to ensure that that's all still there. Juno's statement answers her first question (not quick thinking enough to lie that soon), so she chooses to lay her suspicious eyes on Dr. Taylor
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

The Monsterworks

The Spring Corps

Post by The Monsterworks » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:02 pm

It wasn't particularly useful anyway Kuruth'Ondor thinks. Less deadweight in the party. He can see the suspicious glances flying around the room. This uncertainty alone tells him that it was probably an accident. Unfamiliar magic or technology is often a source of trouble.

"If any of us can disappear at any moment, we must remain on our guard. Taylor, I would have you show me this sword collection." The thought of this man attempting to wield a sword is frankly terrifying, and not in the good way.
Elrathia... ROBOTS (LW)
RipTide... ROBOT2 (FW)
Abyss... ROBOTS 3 (MW)

StevenTheTerrible

The Spring Corps

Post by StevenTheTerrible » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:24 am

Giuseppe blinks and blinks again, nope still in the same room. He looks courioisly at the exit sign and makes his way towards it checking his pockets for ingredients. He touches the handle stares once more at the sign and the door swings open.