Psycho Killer, qu'est-ce que c'est?

Here's the space for any RPGs that aren't Robot Combat related. Find sign-ups and related information in here!

Moderators: Alexjh, The Monsterworks

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:16 am

I'm gonna RPG too! It's been too long. We'll see how this goes alongside the other RPG's we also have.

- Think fantasy! We'll be adventuring in a fantasy city, on a fictional planet. Think Dungeons and Dragons, think Game of Thrones, think Lord of the Ring, just, don't think Star Trek, nor Call of Duty for that matter. No guns or lasers or stealth bombers. Knights with swords, barbarians with superhuman strength. Rangers with crossbows. Elves, trolls, golems, sure. And of course magic. You can be either a fantasy cliche or do something a bit more daring and exotic, I'm cool either way.

- You lot, whatever number of players I'll get, you have been unexpectedly summoned, from wherever you were at the time, to this city, this metropolis in fact. You'll be told why soon enough, but the title of this game may provide some information.

- There'll be serious tones, there'll be lighthearted tones, it won't be downright comedy like some of the tournaments on the FRA were. (See Kody's signature for more info)

THIS is the info I want of my participants, be as concise or elaborate as you feel:

Name: Well, duh
Species: As said, think fantasy. Humans, elves, dwarves, gnomes, anthropomorphisms, the lot.
Looks: Can be an image. Physique as well as clothes. If your clothes have significant functions beyond the usual "keeping you warm and looking fashionable", I suggest you count them as your items .
Personality: The chief importance of this lays in the fact that in my updates I will be RP'ing as YOUR character every so often. Will not have them make major decisions, but I will be put words in their mouth or have them perform minor actions.
Back-story: Again, be as elaborate as you want, but do tell roughly what occurred in your character's life prior to all of this.
Abilities: Put down your physical or non-physical skills that should be considered "superhuman" here, be it acquired simply through your species, some item, or from somewhere in your back-story. For magic users I'd like you to specify a field of magic (elementalism, bardism, et cetera) or maybe a certain superpower acquired through magic (telekinesis, et cetera) or maybe just a single powerful spell. As a rule of thumb: be reasonable and not overpowered.
Skills: Put down your noteworthy skills that would be considered "human" (even if you yourself aren't ). Apply reasonable limits and make them true to your back-story.
Items: Mention whatever you'd be naturally carrying with you whenever random people from random fantasy cities magically summon you. Focus on stuff that may be remotely useful.
Weaknesses: I love shortcomings. If you feel guilty for going overboard, here you can repent for your sins. Likewise, if you feel you have been quite modest so far, you can reward yourself here by only having very minor weaknesses!

As a rule of thumb, realize that abilities, skills and items are the qualities that make your character "powerful". I suggest that if you indulge yourself with one, be modest with the others. Or just be average with all 3. Or solve things through your weaknesses. Or I will do so for you!

Myself, I am quite happy with the power levels I come across in Kody's RPG, so that may be a nice guideline.

Also, people can enter this AFTER it started. I will shoehorn them in.

Yeah, get cracking.
Last edited by MadBull on Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:18 pm

I'd sure like to do this, not sure if I'd want to do more than 2 at once, though
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Tue Mar 29, 2016 5:35 pm

the idea I had, genuinely, and Kody liked it, that it will be more manageable if when we'll both have periods of less activity, hopefully the one being less active when the other is more active, or vice versa :P . Going by past experience Kody and I had hosting shit like this, that's bound to happen :P

The Mangle

Post by The Mangle » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:41 am

I have question - what are the odds that we get swallowed by an enormous sea? :proud:

Serious question - are we allowed to have cyborgs, robots and the such?

Have any of you guys used something called justcloud? It could help with storage space and all that. Just don't bother with the extra space (I thinks it 1KB or something like) as its JSON file.

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:08 am

no no room for robots, a warforged or golem or so is a close equivalent

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:46 am

Name: Madeline Galante

Species: Human

Looks: http://i.imgur.com/ovu3dRk.png

Personality: Madeline is very ditzy and airheaded, but means well in the end. Because she is an Ace Trainer, she tends to be the slightest bit egocentric as well. If she loses a battle she can act quite childish and cry about it for a while.

Back-story: A Trainer who lived in the Kalos region for most of her life until a recent move to Hoenn. She's never won a single tournament, though she entered in many. Her first Pokemon was a Fletchling, which is a Fletchinder that waits for her at home while she trains. Her current Pokemon are Accelgor (inside a Fast Ball) and Tyranitar (inside a Heavy Ball). Accelgor she caught in the wild, and Tyranitar as a Larvitar, with Poke Balls made from Apricorns. Accelgor tends to be out of its Fast Ball a lot of the time and can be seen with her when she walks.

Abilities: Madeline relies on her Pokemon for abilities.

Accelgor has the Ability Hydration (if it is raining, Accelgor is healed of any ailment) and the following moves:
- Bug Buzz (generates a sharp shockwave that damages all in contact. May lower some defenses, but soundproof enemies are immune)
- Focus Blast (heightens its mental focus and unleashes its power. May also lower some defenses, but tends to be somewhat inaccurate)
- Sludge Bomb (hurls unsanitary sludge at the target. Capable of poisoning the target, but fairly useless against anything with steel typing/armour)
- Secret Power (an attack whose effects depends on where it is used. Can also be used to make a Secret Base)

Tyranitar has the Ability Sand Stream (summons a temporary sandstorm) and the following moves:
- Stone Edge (stabs the target with sharpened stones from below. Can occasionally miss, but has more chance to strike a vital area)
- Crunch (crunches up the target with sharp fangs. May lower physical defenses)
- Dragon Dance (performs a mystic, powerful dance that boosts its Attack and Speed stats)
- Strength (slugs a target with a punch thrown at maximum power. This can also be used to move heavy boulders)

Skills: Madeline herself can be ditzy and airheaded, but when she gets serious she is very analytical and can accurately discern possible moves the target can make. She also can see through some deceptions/lies.

Items: Both of Madeline's Pokemon hold onto an item. Accelgor has a BrightPowder, which makes hitting Accelgor much harder for enemies, and Tyranitar has a Life Orb, which makes its attacks much more powerful but at the cost of health.

Madeline herself carries a bag (not shown) that has an unspecified amount of the following items:
Healing items
- Full Restores
- Max Elixirs
- Max Revives

Key items
- Good Rod

Also, an assortment of status-curing and healing berries.

Weaknesses: Madeline is pretty much powerless by herself, so if anyone goes directly after her and not her Pokemon, she is helpless. Her general scatterbrained attitude may make her oblivious to danger as well.
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

The Mangle

Post by The Mangle » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:01 pm

Might go for male or female ninja warrior, hopefully Kody won't take this infringement or something like that and I can ask him ice cubes. For robot/cyborgs, warforged/golem hybrid should be close enough to cover it unless it has power like amalgamation. It does make we wonder, could we have an Ash Williams type of robot in the game.

Also, any name that pops is classed as not being in my dictionary. Take that it.

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:46 pm

Name: Pyrrhocorax

Species: Phoenix

Looks: As with any phoenix, Pyrrhocorax resembles something along the lines of a male peacock but irridescant gold with flecks of copper and orange in colouration, and with a less heavy tail (yet still ornate). The overall build has a bit more eagle like a form however including more powerful wings and fairly powerful and dextrous talons. I'll throw a picture together at some point.

Backstory: Pyrrhocorax has lived a typical life for his species, migrating between the great desert and the dry mountains searching for fruit and things to take his interest. He has soared on the hot desert air, watching civilizations move by over generations while repeating the ritual cycles, returning the great temples to watch the rituals overheld in his species honour, and partaking of the opulent offerings laid out for him. However, as time has moved on, those who properly observe the old rites have dwindled and Pyrrhocorax has had to travel further and further to find places that still honour him in accordance with the old ways.

Personality: Like most Phoenixes, Pyrrhocorax is at first impression vain, snobbish and patronising - they regard all other species as interesting yet ultimately inferior - physically, spiritually and intellectually. Pyrrohcorax in particular relishes being complemented and worshipped. However, past this Pyrrhocorax is deeply loyal and spectacularly stubborn when those that have won his interest are put into danger.

Abilities: As a Phoenix, Pyrrhocorax has three major magical abilities.

1) Flame Immunity & Healing - Phoenixes are elemental beings of flame and so not only are they entirely immune to fire both mundane and magical, but are actively healed by it. They are equally immune to high temperatures without flame, but are not healed by it.
2) Flame Manipulation and Projection - Capable of projecting beams of magical fire with precision at fairly long range, though the power is less after 30 feet. This magical fire is especially potent against dark magic things such as demons and the undead. Non magical fires can also be manipulated in a rudimentary way either increasing or decreasing their size or intensity.
3) Resurrection - Whenever a Phoenix dies, it is reborn in a blast of divine fire. A Phoenix in optimal circumstances resurrects immediately over a short span of time (let's say a timelord regeneration length) but various factors including repeated resurrections in quick succession, cold, dark, destruction of the body to greater extent or magical interference can slow this down to varying degrees. The body varies with each ressurection - most obviously is seen in different plumage patterns (becoming more ornate with each additional ressurection) but unclear circumstances surrounding the ressurection can change colours, size and even gender. Pyrrhocorax is seemingly immortal, already being around 3700 years old.

In addition to these, Phoenixes have the basic abilites of an eagle-like bird - they are strong (but not especially fast) flyers on the flat (and are capable of greater speeds in a stoop) and have powerful talons capable of doing serious damage to flesh. Their eyesight in also many times better than a humans in the light (though slightly worse in the dark).

Skills: Pyrrhocorax has very little in the way of practical skills - Phoenixes generally do not have any interest in learning how to do things. The exception to this is languages, which given they are immortal, they develop the skill to remember many languages and learn new ones very easily.

Beyond that, the best that can be said is that with their great age comes the accumulation of vast amounts of trivia, though as this is more just for their own interests as much any anything else it tends to be patchy and unreliable in regards to any specific subject.

Items: A number of small fire opals, turquoises, rubies and lapiz lazulis and assorted other gems - stored in the crop for the occassions where Pyrrhocorax may want to buy someone's services.

Weaknesses: Although powerful in the magical sense, being a bird has a number of drawbacks - although large for a bird, Pyrrhocorax only weights 10kg, and due to the requirements of flight, is incapable of carrying more than half of that weight for any significant amount of time. Similarly, though the talons are capable of some basic manipulation of objects, Phoenixes prefer to have other people do things for them when the need arises - their feet lack the dexterity for anything more elaborate. If prevented from flying they are ungainly on the ground, capable of a uneven hop. They are also also incapable (or unwilling) to use any magic outside of their natural element and when exposed to water, ice, cold and dark it makes them sullen and miserable and their magic slower and less potent. Pyrrhocorax would refuse the use of any items unless they were beautiful masterpieces made of the finest materials by the finest craftspeople.

How's that?
Last edited by Alexjh on Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:33 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>The Mangle</dt><dd>Mar 30 2016, 01:01 PM</dd></dl><div>Might go for male or female ninja warrior, hopefully Kody won't take this infringement or something like that and I can ask him ice cubes. For robot/cyborgs, warforged/golem hybrid should be close enough to cover it unless it has power like amalgamation. It does make we wonder, could we have an Ash Williams type of robot in the game.

Also, any name that pops is classed as not being in my dictionary. Take that it.[/quote]I do not understand the remarks I just made bold Mangle.

Is Ash Williams a robot?

Really, a steampunkish robot would work too I think

Alex and Kody, you're doing fine.

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:39 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>MadBull</dt><dd>Mar 30 2016, 02:33 PM</dd></dl><div>Is Ash Williams a robot?[/quote]Well he does have a chainsaw to replace a hand he had to cut off (with the same chainsaw he replaces said limb with as a matter of fact). But, no he's a human.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Wed Mar 30, 2016 2:56 pm

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>NWOWWE</dt><dd>Mar 30 2016, 02:39 PM</dd></dl><div>Well he does have a chainsaw to replace a hand he had to cut off (with the same chainsaw he replaces said limb with as a matter of fact). [/quote]I bet that's supposed to be badass, but personally, I'd find it much more badass if he had used a plunger instead of a chainsaw. Everyone can cut limbs with a chainsaw&#33;

The Mangle

Post by The Mangle » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:37 am

Hold on a minute, Marjin has never seen any of the Evil Dead series? I wonder what else Marjin has missed.

Probably going with either a Ferra/Torr type character or a Noob Saibot type character.

According to the dictionary I have in my computer, some of the names here on ARC are either misspellings or just don't exist.

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:52 am

There are a lot I haven't seen Mangle, including anything with Ferra/Tor or Noob Saibot in them. But base your characters on existing characters if you want, just make sure you explain your character well enough so I can understand him without needing to be an expert on the franchise they're from.

Just googled, something like Noob Saibot would be absolutely perfectly fine.

You know what name really doesn't exist? Marjin&#33; Never heard of it in my life&#33; :P

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:47 am

shut up Martjin :P
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

The Mangle

Post by The Mangle » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:31 pm

Martjin, what would you classify as an all terrain outfit? The reason I ask for this is due to one of my characters having an outfit that is designed for multiple terrains like spiked winter boots and the whatnot.