Mystery of the Apkallian System - Sign-ups, comments and que

Here's the space for any RPGs that aren't Robot Combat related. Find sign-ups and related information in here!

Moderators: Alexjh, The Monsterworks

That Kode Guy
Team: Dissonance-Tek

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:20 am

There will be no killing unless you decide to be a ginormous jackass. That's when me and Josh step in. :P
This account is in a state of dimensional flux

TotallyNotSatan

Post by TotallyNotSatan » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:41 am

I can't kill the others? Seriously?

NWOWWE
Team: Team Blood Gulch

Post by NWOWWE » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:45 am

I'm not exactly sure what you'd hope to accomplish with that beyond pissing off the RPG directors (read: Kody and myself) for derailing things for no reason.
Area51Escapee,Jan 30 2011 wrote:
Spatula,Jan 29 2011 wrote: I should go 3-1 this week but it'll probably be something like 0-4 or 0-5.
It sucks going 0-5. You lose all 4 of your bot fights for the week and you also lose at life.

TotallyNotSatan

Post by TotallyNotSatan » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:26 am

But that's all the fun!

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:32 am

youre supposed to be good :v:
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:39 am

<blockquote class='quote_blockquote'><dl><dt>TotallyNotSatan</dt><dd>Mar 31 2016, 10:26 AM</dd></dl><div>But that's all the fun&#33;[/quote]...killing everybody in the RPG is your idea of fun? Seriously?

... :suicide:

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Post by Venice Queen » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:23 am

I feel like it's worth pointing out that I hold no real-life animosity towards you, TNS. my character just doesn't like yours very much :v:
‽ ROBOTICS
CHAMPIONS: Lightweight//Ruination 4//Nick's Fuzzy Rules -- -- Hobbyweight//Bot-o-Rama//Buzzkill -- -- Arbitraryweight//D12//Listen Here, Grandad, This Is America, Everyone Here Eats Ass

Bots that I think are better than my actual champions: Chimera // Venice Queen // Cuddle Time!

V900? Wheres V1-899 ~NickyDustyOwl
fridge ~ V900

Wasn't Ted Bundy physically attractive though? ~Superbomb122
get a room ~Madbull
I will NOT ~Superbomb122

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:09 am

It was funny at first, but I really don't appreciate some of the characters trying to kill others off. :v:

MadBull

Post by MadBull » Tue Apr 05, 2016 4:58 am

that's so unfair&#33; I was about to chop Kaldius's head off&#33;

TotallyNotSatan

Post by TotallyNotSatan » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:15 am

Then he shouldn't've told me to jump in the river&#33; But yeah, no animosity towards you either.

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:04 pm

Gonna re-iterate what I said in TNS' RP.

I'm unavailable 4pm-midnight (EST) on weekdays because of my work hours. Weekends are fine. Because it's via an agency, once in a while I might get a day or two off a week, so I'll let you know if that happens. Case in point: I won't be around to update this until the morning or early afternoon. :v:

Cha0sFerret

Post by Cha0sFerret » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:38 pm

It's about that time again&#33; Stat update number 2&#33; As of entering First Commandment:

Characters who have not revealed their names: Benzine/Benjamin, Smoke/Casey, Electro/Bryan, Kadius, Draktar
-No change from last time. Nearly 200 posts in, now, it's only a matter of time before some more names are dropped.

Enemies defeated: 5
-Shortly after the last stat update, we ran into a group of trolls and, well, they died. I'm not counting the guards that Keldar knocked out.

Crimes committed: 1
-Knocking out the Ekram guards/Illegal entry to Ekram.

Incidents caused accidentally by Kadius's magnet: 0
-Against all odds...

I lost the file I was using to keep track of everyone's speaking lines. RIP that section, I guess.

<div class='spoiler_toggle'>Character analysis (these are my opinions, don't kill me over this :v )</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">
-Drew: It seems like he's toning the attitude down a bit, perhaps out of fear of Nexios. At this point it's hard to predict how he'll act from here, or if his decision to not kill Heddwyn was sincere. At any rate, if he can keep himself alive (ie. not piss off the Daath) he'll be invaluable in combat and the party will likely respect him for that, even if they don't particularly like him.

-Heddwyn: Initially a reasonable fellow, Heddwyn's use of his magic has taken a toll on him mentally and his behavior is now comparable to Drew's at the very start of the campaign. Taking into account his recent interaction with Casey, I think we can expect some major character development for one or both of them soon. As long as he can control his temper, that is.

-Benzine/Benjamin: He hasn't done or said anything significant yet except force-feed a troll some fire. Hard to say where he'll go from here, mostly because of the lack of events he's involved in. Maybe we'll see more from him soon?

-Smoke/Casey: She's decided to go for the long con and work with the party to achieve her own goals. Seeing Heddwyn in his weakened state has led her to try and wrap him up in her plans. She's not completely unshakable, though: Heddwyn may be able to change her mind, but if she changes his first... well, we'll see.

-Rustahg: The evil psychologist and her faithful demon present an interesting moral dilemma for the Daath. She's also the only one who's noticed anything off about Casey. Even more interesting, she seems to acknowledge and embrace her own evil tendencies. Her analysis of people's morality will be very useful for the party, but may also land them in trouble with some higher-ups. I think she might also be able to bring Casey over to the good side. Does she want to, though?

-Electro/Bryan: Another character who hasn't done much yet. So far, he seems like your typical 11-year-old with electric powers, but surely his backstory will come into play eventually. He has the potential to bring out best (and worst) in the other characters.

-Kadius: I see a more restrained Drew. Speaking of which, I can see the two of them butting heads in the near future. Considering that a good portion of the group makes use of metal weapons, he may be forced to play the role of peacemaker with his magnet if infighting becomes a problem.

-Draktar: Yet another character who has done next to nothing. From what I can tell, he seems to just be along for the ride. I'm curious to see how he'll act when things start to pick up.</div>
poopity scoop

Alexjh

Post by Alexjh » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:54 pm

Username/Alter-ego: Kyraxa
Race/Species: Korgoxian Battlelord (see History and Description for details)
History: Eons ago, the Korgoxian Empire - the very first Great Empire of the Universe spread across dozens of Galaxies, conquering systems with abandon, and right at the front lines of these myriad wars were the Battlelords. While the Korgoxians themselves were masters of sciences still not remastered, they created the Battlelords as their mightiest warriors, the ones who would break the lines of their enemies and crush their mightiest defenses. Each was created individually using genetic engineering and immense cosmic powers to create beings who could go toe to toe with the strongest the Universe had to offer, sterile so they could not reproduce but sustained as immortals through the life support in their armour. However, following the Dark-Star Great Rebellion, the Korgoxians were annihilated from the face of the Universe, as were most of the Battlelords. The few that survived, now masterless, wandered aimlessly through the Universe. Kyraxa was one such, working as a mercenary for many millenia, she is gradually gaining some greater sense of her own being and now at least has some very crude moral code that she operates by.
Description: Around 9 foot tall and built like a tank and covered almost entirely in bulky Jack-Kirby esque Battle-armour that is never removed: in this case near-black with turqoise markings which shift to red when using more energy.
Power(s): Although prodigiously strong in her own right, much of her current power level is derrived from her Battle-armour which contains life support systems that have features including preventing aging, fixing poisons and disease, accelerating healing and have back up systems to keep food energy and water supplied for several months and even provide enough air to survive in a vacuum for up to 24 hours. The armour itself needs some fairly heavy ordinance to get through, but once out of combat it uses nanotechnology to repair any damage it have sustained.
She also carries a customized Ythlaki Storm Cannon - normally a piece of artillery mounted on medium sized ships - without a space-engine to power it though it requires a very sizable battery for each shot, and only has 3 such batteries right now. More usually in combat she uses an enormous but mundane two handed mace.

Strength: 16
Will: 2
Stamina: 12
Speed: 4
Intelligence: 4
Perception: 2

How's that?

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Wed Apr 27, 2016 11:03 am

Seems fine to me, Alex. :)

I'll resume the RPG on the weekend. Current state of mind is not one for creating updates and it likely won't be until Saturday. :P

That Kode Guy

Post by That Kode Guy » Thu May 05, 2016 6:19 pm

Okay, this is why I was loath to begin the RPG in the first place. I mean, YES, I really want to complete an RPG, but there has to be interest.

Guess what?

There's not much interest anymore.

Only 2 of the remaining guys are really active, and the guy I had to kill off refused to follow the plot. What do I need to do here? Do I just go on with Gabe and Brad (and Alex when I include him), and that'll be it? I don't know how I feel about that.