Ori vs. Split Personality

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Hooray For Lexan

Ori vs. Split Personality

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:18 am

STATS/CONFIGS:

Ori (Launch Config): Speed 7, Traction 7, Torque 2, Weapon 4, Armor 10 (+1 top plate)

Split Personality: Speed 8, Traction 7, Torque 3, Weapon 5, Armor 7

I… don’t think we have a repeated hit rule in this event? So instead it’s a 5-power hammer, which can’t damage me at all. He’s fast and powerful, but he has no wedge at all and his shape is easy high-centering bait so he can’t push me unless he gets completely to my side. He can probably climb and flail all over the place with that hammer, though.

I have no idea what he’s going to do, so… be aggressive at all times, keep the wedge pointed at him, get under him and toss him around. Watch out for him trying to climb over me to get behind me: if he’s trying this flip immediately to try to disrupt that, then gun it away from him to get space to turn around without him jamming his V-shaped wall of a front in my wheels. Do not ever count on him staying in one place and letting me carry him across the arena.

During the first 1:30 of the match, try to get him chewed up by the wall drums to get some damage points. Don’t bother with OOTAs until then. Ori can technically OOTA him after 1 minute, but I know SP will be awkward as hell to line up a flip for with its weird shape and flopping around with the hammer, so I’m not going to bother trying until that point. After the halfway mark, and especially in the final minute, do everything in my power to get him over that wall.

GL HF

Trihunter
Location: The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
Team: Cool Story Brobotics

Re: Ori vs. Split Personality

Post by Trihunter » Thu Jul 01, 2021 10:31 am

wait why did I enter this again it can't damage anything lmao. Eh, I'm having fun with this, it'll be fine

Basically gonna just go for being a nuisance and rack up some aggression points. We have a marginally better drivetrain, so we can shove them around a fair bit, if we get a good angle. Use the concave side of our bot to continually harass Ori, see if we can manage to sneak around their flank and get some good pushes in. whacking away the whole time with the axe. Razor's Edge has some fun hazards, let's see if we can get Ori on a bunch of them. If we manage to get a good angle early on, see if we can snag a cheese kill with the Glory Hole, otherwise go for the drums. Keep rolling as much as we can, recovering from flips quickly, and don't let them get us near the OotA zone in a compromised position.

tl;dr: haha torque go brrrrrr

good luck HFL
Accolades
Official participant in ARCcon Europe
ROBOT 2 FW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 MW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 HW Shitbot Showdown winner
ROBOT 2 Most Trophies (Runner-up)
Official voter in OSCARC 2018
Best Meme 2018 (Mimi-Chan)
Trophies
ICEcrown Champion (Steelhead)
CBC3 SHW Runner-Up (Hartmann's Youkai Bot II)
CBC4 LW Runner-Up (Scrapper)
ROBOT4 Sportsman Runner-Up (Split Personality)