ccl: ori vs Deadshot

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

patrickrowberry

ccl: ori vs Deadshot

Post by patrickrowberry » Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:03 am

me: (fork set up) 6/4/2/10/8

him: (Launch Config) Speed: 7
Traction: 7
Torque: 2
Weapon: 4
Armor: 10(+1 top plate)

notes: i have forks he doesn't baring his flipper he has better control and enough armour to tank ever hit so but i do do some tick damage after repeated this but not much and both of us have good pushing power, i do having a feeling my forks our reach his flipper

Strat: get to the centre of the arena making sure to keep head on and making him come to me, play defensive waiting as soon as I'm under push him to a hazard only using hitting with the hammer to make it harder for him to get free avoiding the outa zones at all costs, if he gets under fire my axe to from him of and to lightly bounce me of his tiny flipper and back up to get breathing space and wait for a opening.

gg and good luck

Hooray For Lexan

Re: ccl: ori vs Deadshot

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:02 pm

STATS/CONFIGS:

Ori (Launch Config): Speed 7, Traction 7, Torque 2, Weapon 4, Armor 10 (+1 top plate)

Deadshot (fork setup): Speed 6, Traction 4, Torque 2, Weapon 10, Armor 8

That hammer’s rather long. It looks like his wedge is a steep-ish plow with three wide spatula/dustpan-y prongs? That’s good news for me: its fairly low and will sometimes get under me, but if my spatula goes between the prongs it’ll probably create a wedge-lock which I can break by firing the flipper.

He can’t damage me much: he does nothing to the top plate and 1-point damage to the wheels / flipper / wedge which will be tough to reliably hit. Be very aggressive from the start, but don’t attack from head-on. A longer hammer arm also means being X degrees off puts the hammer more inches off target, and that’s a heavy-looking head so it’ll be hard to fire it accurately while turning and might even flip himself. Don’t be scared of the weapon but force him to turn to follow me as I approach, and try to get under the corner of his wedge. If he faces me backwards he has even more reach but no wedge at all, so at best he gets one hit and I wedge him for free.

Flip early, chase after him as he self-rights and try to get under the sides. If he’s high-centered let my accumulator recharge before flipping. If I get wedged I should be able to J-turn off, if I can’t fire the flipper to get free and back off for a few seconds.

At the start and for the first minute, I can’t easily OOTA so ignore the razor, but flip him into the Wild Flings as much as possible. They might bend his fork prongs or hammer arm, and those points will count if it goes to the judges. Don’t charge him into them at full speed like an idiot: bring him close, slow down, then flip so I don’t drive into them myself.

After a minute in, prioritize OOTA attempts and keep him near the razor. I might miss a few times, but hydraulic flippers stay at full power all match and the wall keeps getting lower.

GL HF