I am Jack's underpowered flipping arm vs Tiananmen Square (Freshman Fight League, Week 6)

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Jorji
Team: Team Eagle

I am Jack's underpowered flipping arm vs Tiananmen Square (Freshman Fight League, Week 6)

Post by Jorji » Sat May 22, 2021 1:26 pm

Jack: 7/6/3/1/13
Tiamat: 5/4/1/11/9
-- -- --
Ay, I'm RPing first for once. With that, I get to choose which square to start in, which will be Green and the music...how about we go with:

Anyways, let's get down to brass tacks....
-- -- --
I'm going to start the match with a rush and a angle. Not a full flank, but a swerve, forcing him to gyro, and a ram deep between his wedglets. Don't get me wrong, those three could be effective....but then again, three?

That is, if he wants to meet me in open battle. If he corner camps, I will not approach. Repeat, not approach.

Regardless, I'm under, and I'm keeping the match in the center: he can't OOTA me if I'm nowhere near the OOTA zone. He also can't flip me if he's inverted, so let's get him there: when I'm in the optimal position, fire once I'm under as much as I can. My flipper is 1 power, and it may take a couple of tries, but it is capable, make no mistake. He'll be upturned, and that's where the fun begins.

Unless he manages to get away. If he does: charge at a angle, and do not let up the pressure until I'm under once more. If he manages to flip me, self right with all haste. If he's aiming for a OOTA/has me wedged: try driving off. If launched at the wall, move and fire the flipper so that I land on the ledge between the arena and OOTA zone, so I can drive back.

Anyways, once he's been upended, I'm going to utilize my drive to control the match. I do by default, but my aggression will really shine here: he is staying in the center. I will push, ram, and overall maneuver him in whatever way I need to for this to happen. He can drive inverted, yes, but he can't use his wedge, weapon....he's basically a sitting duck.

If he does get past me and self right, I would have a problem.....if not for my mobility advantage. He can yap about wheel placement, but he struggled to keep up with GEaS, who had 1 point of torque more than me and 2 less wheels. Not to mention unoptimized weight placement and a problem of wheelying. He's the next Hypershock? Fat chance with his mobility performance so far.

Regardless, should/when he self rights, charge straight at him at a angle while he's recovering and recalibrating. Slide under before he has a chance to react, and label him into the nearest hazard while firing the flipper. Then, back to the center.

Keep him there till the JD.
-- -- --
GL

Badnik96

Re: I am Jack's underpowered flipping arm vs Tiananmen Square (Freshman Fight League, Week 6)

Post by Badnik96 » Sat May 22, 2021 8:39 pm

my forks should beat his wedge stuff so im just gonna rush at him, get under and start throwing him around. set the pace of the match and keep to that pace so he can't recover adequately. get him near the oota zone then throw him over, or just keep hitting him until he dies. if i do get flipped, drive at him with the weapon spinning down to self right. no reason to ever stop being aggressive.

defense is for pussies and i have the apex design so i shouldnt really need it. hammer him until i win.
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ