Black Lagoon vs Green Eggs & Slam!

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NickyDustyOwl

Black Lagoon vs Green Eggs & Slam!

Post by NickyDustyOwl » Wed May 19, 2021 10:07 pm

GE&S: 7/6/4/0/13
BL: 4/3/1/15(16-1 Dual Weapons)/6

Right this is going to be my toughest fight to date.

I have the best drive train than him. So he wont be able to push me around easily. Try to flank him and go for the sides, push him into of the hazards to get his forks bent up. His armor isnt the greatest so his weapons may also fail in the process. He does have mechanums so I have to be careful and back away if he tries to counter attack me when im going for his sides. I need to try and stay away from his weapons as they are heavy damaging and can bend up my wedge causing me to not get under him. I should try not to be too aggressive trying to get to the sides because they will eventually find out my plan and start to really hammer down on me. One thing I just noticed is that his bot has a high amount of Ground Clearance. So as long as I get to the sides I should be able to easily get under him, take h im to the hazards and win a JD

best of luck Archangel
I do RA2 most of the time and im funny sometimes

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Re: Black Lagoon vs Green Eggs & Slam!

Post by Venice Queen » Fri May 21, 2021 5:14 pm

Green Eggs // Speed: 7 / Traction: 6 / Torque: 4 / Armor: 13

Black Lagoon // // Speed: 4 / Traction: 3 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 15 (16-1 for dual weapons) / Armor: 6 // wedges forward

very similar to the fight with Jack, though he has better acceleration which is annoying. also notable in this arena is the OOTA zone and drums. both of these hazards are very useful to any bot designed to launch its opponents high and far, and whenever possible I should be making strafing microadjustments to try and launch him towards or on/over one of these hazards. also he'll wheelie when he accelerates *and* he can get trapped on wedges due to the giant thwack on his ass, so I can actually try to get under him and slowly shove him into locations that allow me to better utilize hazards.

he's certainly going to box rush: I want to actually match the rush, but try and strafe so he approaches off-center and rides up one of my side arms. he should be stranded, and I can try and tee up a hit, again always aiming for an OOTA. in general my main plan here is to try to be aggressive with my wedge advantage: once he's stuck there I can focus on finishing spinning up the weapon if needed, and teeing up a good hit.

if GES ever actually uses the thwack to sit & spin, wait it out, then immediately ram into him as he slows down. if he's not s&sing (and is just doing a 180 to displace me) it won't do enough damage to hurt me and he won't be able to follow up on the displacement before I have one of my two sides facing him again, so I'm not very worried on that front.

those wedge teeth provide a very nice contact surface for my drum when I do inevitably end up on a wedge.

never engage with my back to the drums: if such an engagement is unavoidable, do my best to strafe at an angle so he doesn't get a clear ram into them.

GL