Freshman Fight League Week 5: Crime Scene vs Fustercluck

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

TDG does ARC
Team: Team CSI

Freshman Fight League Week 5: Crime Scene vs Fustercluck

Post by TDG does ARC » Sat May 15, 2021 10:32 pm

Alright so yay yet another mirror match *nervous forced cheering*, aight so the fight starts, since she has mecanum drive she probably wants to strafe around the crooked cop to avoid gyro, but that's where my big brain play comes in, when she tries to strafe around that thing the sides will be exposed, I have better acceleration so I can be pretty lined up and ready for this, and then get a massive ole whack right into the side of that thing, if that doesn't knock it upside down getting a chain hit should be pretty easy, the idea now is to keep on it so it cannot get up and get that drive into play, getting a bunch of smaller chain hits and slow progressing damage, even if she gets up haha mecanum traction go brrr so I technically have a small speed advantage and can stay right on her tail, the idea there is no matter what it takes DO NOT let it turn around and get the spinner into play, I can get under the sides and back pretty easy and outpush it pretty well too, if she does get front pointed at me I'm gonna back off, drive in circles like my man Mr Bales (slight enough to avoid gyro ofc), and wait for an opportunity to angle in on the sides, under no circumstances do I plan on having our 2 fronts pointed at each other and if she goes for a charge boy you better know I'm backing up and away, doing all of this while staying in the middle of the arena ofc unless she gets close enough to an OOTA zone for an OOTA and I win by either OOTA or JD. Good luck : )
Just here to have a good time

Rinzler

Re: Freshman Fight League Week 5: Crime Scene vs Fustercluck

Post by Rinzler » Sat May 15, 2021 11:14 pm

Colonoscopy Scene (5/4/1/11/9)
Clusterfuck (5/4/1/11/9)

That's a mighty short srimech you've got there... notice how bots like end game have their srimechs nice and long? That's so they can do something besides make the bot do some weird upside down kama sutra to the floor a-la bombshell. Also from a glance it looks like those forks feed straight into my weapon if our fronts are lined up, plus longer forks are easier to angle in on. Once again the more I can make him turn the more I can flex my strafing abilities. We both do 2 damage to each other so it's a battle of attrition.

Anyways to start the match I'm just gonna stay moving around (facing him) on my half of the arena and wait for one of two things; A.) them coming around or B.) the cop going all the way down. If A; angle in and chain them into the fatales. If B; angle in and chain them into the fatales. After the *BIG OPENING GAMBIT*, just stay weapon to weapon and try to flip them over. Once they're flipped, just hang back aimed at their side and see if they're even able to self right, staying ready to charge if they start to tip back over.

If that strategy starts to fail, fall back to completely random strafing (causing him to turn a lot) and going in for whatever hits to the back and sides may come. If I'm flipped, fire the flipper (I've done lots of careful design to make sure this works btw and I'll gladly explain it).

Gl hf kiddo