Freshman Fight League Week 5: PuriN II V.S. Tiamat

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

moziet
Team: The Candy Store

Freshman Fight League Week 5: PuriN II V.S. Tiamat

Post by moziet » Mon May 10, 2021 10:44 am

"Granny was easy enough! Lets see who I'll fight ne-"
"..."

PuriN II
SPEED: 3 | TRACTION: 2 | TORQUE: 1 | WEAPON: 16 | ARMOR: 8

Tiamat
SPEED: 5 | TRACTION: 4 | TORQUE: 1 | WEAPON: 11 | ARMOR: 9

Welp, it was fun atomizing the poor defenseless old lady. Back to wedge hell!

So, the plan is simple. Thankfully the arena plays to my favor, as box rushing is harder with a hump in the middle. Start is the same as my prior matchup with GE&S. Spin up, and go the opposite way of where they're going. Right left, left right, light reft. Spin up and stay spun up. I deal 7 damage to the everything (and 3 on a weapon on weapon hit mind you), so that should help in the whole damage department. After the 1st hit, I wanna stay relatively in the middle, dancing around the hump to recoup the speed lost on hit (same sorta applies to when the hump sinks, sans the dancing around it part. just stay in mid). I do not want to give him a chance of pushing me into the wall or the hazards. Use the torque of my spinner to get away from any pushes, or even use the wedge if worst comes to worst. My wedgelets cover more area and seem to be ever so slightly longer, so if everything goes to hell (like if my weapon decides to go gentle into that good night), I can take a gamble on that. If he pushes me into the hazards, c'est la vie! We're one armor point apart. Tiamat will hurt itself just as much as they'll hurt Purin.

Overall, stay spun up, try use recoil to my favor, stay in the middle, and just whappem' until something comes off.

Good luck, Badnik. :]

Badnik96

Re: Freshman Fight League Week 5: PuriN II V.S. Tiamat

Post by Badnik96 » Fri May 14, 2021 8:28 pm

watch what way his weapon spins as the match starts. get my own weapon up to speed, look at which way he's going to move and then intercept him in a way so that his blade's direction spins into my weapon. that'll pop him up in the air and cause everything to flex and wobble, and i can follow up from there. Once I've stopped his spin, stick to him like glue and chuck him around the box until something dies. I have plenty of drivetrain advantage so as long as I can stay close to him then he won't be able to get spun up more than once. so I just need to make sure I make the most out of the one hit he will get with the spinner and then go to town.

If the weapon cuts out, my strategy doesn't change too much. he still can't really escape me if i'm in his range, and there isn't much he can do to get away, so I just need to keep an eye on where he tries to escape to and follow him. if he does get up to speed more than once, then aim my attacks so his weapon won't catch an edge if at all possible. mitigate damage as much as possible.

glhf
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ