Black Lagoon vs Jack

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Black Lagoon vs Jack

Post by Venice Queen » Mon May 10, 2021 1:36 am

Black Lagoon // Speed: 4 / Traction: 3 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 15 (16-1 for dual weapons) / Armor: 6 // wedges forward
Jack // Speed: 7 / Traction: 6 / Torque: 3 / Weapon: 1 / Armor: 13
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

His armor is a bit annoying, but I still get corner damage in this ruleset I think and my wedges are hinged so he can't really try to flip me if he gets under them so trying to get under with them before the main engagement is definitely worth it. he might flank me occasionally with 3 more speed, but with strafing and no gyro I will keep up better than a standard design with these stats. he can't OOTA me, so he's forced to rely on slow ramping hazards that don't punish me for having low armor.

my number one priority is to have my back facing the lowest power fatale in the arena. Obviously try to win engagements with strafing and wedge bullshit and whathaveyou there's one writer for this event I don't need to bore you by repeating myself, but I'm going to end up losing sometimes, and I need to ensure that this match goes as long as possible so do things that make it last as long as possible.

also if I end up doing good damage without having to use the wedges (getting good contact n shit), I can stop facing him with wedges.

yeah. spin2win

GL

Jorji
Team: Team Eagle

Re: Black Lagoon vs Jack

Post by Jorji » Sun May 16, 2021 12:04 am

Me: 7/6/3/1/13
Her: 4/3/1/15/6
— — —
Im going to start with a rush and flank away from the drum. Now I know her excuses of strafing and the like, but that doesn’t change the facts in the stats: she only has 4 speed and pitiful acceleration. She’s not the next Hypershock, and whatever arguments she puts out to the contrary can easily be dispelled.

And with that, I’ll go around the frontal arms and in on the side, at a angle where she can’t just turn to get under. Slide in deep under, and shunt her to the nearest fatale wheel/arm first. If she gets free, maneuver around until it’s safe to go under again, then angle in.

The Fatales start slow, but repeated uses boost their speed. If she’s going wheel first, they are going to take some damage. Double actually, because they’re wheels. The fact that they’re 6 armor mecanums do them no favors whatsoever. She takes bad shots? She’s going to have a bad time.

Ditto for those arms. I’ll target those at the beginning as well, to make flanking easier.

Now, she’ll get her share of hits as well. If I can’t reverse off the arm, I’ll angle in the time before impact so I get hit mostly head arm. Even with corner, I only take 3 damage, but if I’m taking 2? Forget KOs, get lucky winning damage in a JD.

Regardless, I’ll get hit, go flying, yadayadayada. I’ll recover (even if I take long, she’s 4 speed), but instead of a full flank, I’ll charge straight in...at a angle, of course, to maximize my chances of getting under. She, not expecting this, will be taken by some measure of surprise. If it works: under, fatale, bye bye wheel/arm.

Of course, through this, I’ll accelerate as quickly as possible. Exploiting torque, of course
— — —
Good Luclk