Tiamat vs Fustercluck

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Badnik96

Tiamat vs Fustercluck

Post by Badnik96 » Sat May 08, 2021 8:25 pm

once again i have the same stats as my opponent. however he's running split weapon armor and i am not, which means his weapon will break first if things come to that. otherwise this is your standard vert/vert fight where it all comes down to the ground game. on paper my opponent has the advantage here, but I think I can swing it into my favor.

At the start of the fight I want to feint in one direction, then immediately reverse and aim for where he plans on being once he falls for the feint. If this works then I should be able to get the right angle to get under him and start my onslaught. Try to aim for his wedgelets, chew them up and rip them off so I can win the ground game more easily. then just aim for wherever ive damaged them and stay on the offensive.

If he does get under me and I end up on my back, charge into his vert with my vert. since mine has more armor this should cause serious damage to his weapon system while also helping me right myself.

i should watch out for my opponent strafing, in theory, but if they use it to create space then i'm pretty sure i can try to chase them down and get at their sides. if i get the opportunity to try it, see what happens. if it works, cool! if it doesn't, stop doing it for the rest of the fight.

as usual always mix up my movements. never be too obvious to my opponent so he can't beat me to the punch.

glhf
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

Rinzler

Re: Tiamat vs Fustercluck

Post by Rinzler » Sat May 08, 2021 9:02 pm

Laundromat: 5/4/1/11/9
Thundercuck: 5/4/1/11/9 (weapon armor split between vert and flipper)

I shall be applying war paint before this match.

Oh hey finally an opponent where my fork design comes into play! Basically, they work like Hydra. A dense set of forks where if one or two pop up, the other one(s) can still get under. If we're lined up straight his middle for is useless and his outer forks look like they'll only get my longest forks, which is good. I'm not worried about weapon to weapon since his weapon does 0 damage to those areas. I do like that I can strafe 2x faster than he turns.

To start the match I'm just gonna go straight in and hit him in the face. No fancy strafing bullshittery until I get that plow a little bent (i do 3 damage to it cause lolcorner). If he tries to dodge or anything just strafe to keep our weapons lined up. Once I hit him, just chain hits around the arena for the rest of the match. Dont let up. If he starts to slow or a gleaming opportunity arises, strafe and smack the chassis.

If he gets the first hit and gets me over (and just if he hits me in general), fire the flipper to self right and start strafing all over the place. Like I said he turns half as fast as I strafe, so he cant keep up with it. Whenever we intersect with his weapon facing the wrong way, smack dat ass and get to chaining.

Gl hf