Crime Scene vs Black Lagoon

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Crime Scene vs Black Lagoon

Post by Venice Queen » Fri May 07, 2021 1:26 pm

Crime Scene // Speed: 5 / Traction: 4 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 11 / Armor: 9 //

Black Lagoon // Speed: 4 / Traction: 3 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 15 (16-1 for dual weapons) / Armor: 6 // forks forward

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

lmao ive gotten the same fight for 3 weeks like hell am I writing a new rp

much like last week, he only has 1 point of spd/tra on me, and he suffers from gyro while I don't. I deal 2 damage to his 1 on weapon armor, and 6 to his 5 on body armor (it might be 2 to 0 and 6 to 4, I forget if srimechs cost points in this ruleset). also much like last week I can try to get one of my wedges stuck under his low ground clearance and rotate around it to tee off a "free" hit when he's within their reach area, then just go weapon to weapon as we close if it doesn't work (using strafing+turning to try and counter any shenanigans he's trying to play with aiming for weapon supports).

if he starts hard aiming for the wedges, start sometimes using them as bait: let him run at them, then circle-strafe my weapon towards his side in a sort of matador's gambit. if this doesn't work and he's effective at hitting the wedges, just approach with the side that doesn't have them. last week I was too slow to adjust to this strategy. do not let my opponent use my wedges to his advantage. I can also try being a bit more aggressive every once in a while if I want to, changing the tempo might catch him off guard.

uh yeah. spin2win. don't engage with my back to the oota zone or drums if possible. etc.

GL

TDG does ARC
Team: Team CSI

Re: Crime Scene vs Black Lagoon

Post by TDG does ARC » Sat May 08, 2021 8:48 pm

Because this is a mecanum bot it suffers from low traction, so even though my 1 point speed advantage sounds small you gotta factor in I get to full speed much quicker and that should make getting around to the sides fairly easy, if she tries to mecanum away catching up should not be much of an issue and it would only take a couple of chain hits to end this fight in a quick KO.

In the case she is able to avoid me getting to the sides and keeps the front pointed at me, I YOLO right into the front, sounds dumb BUT those forks are super thin, I can ride right on them, slot my wedgelets underneath her drum, and freaking whack that thing right in the face, that's still a 3 point difference between weapon armor and my weapon so it's going to hurt, and even if the exchange ends up with me flying back too she has such a big gap between armor and weapon that it's literally a 3 shot before it kills itself and hitting my hinged forks would hardly kill me even with the armor difference, and because of the traction difference she will struggle hard to recover before I'm back in action and can land another hit. If she gets the better of that hit I can just outrun and regroup and retry plan 1.

If she tries for my sides I'll just spin low, drive away to the other side of the arena, and try plans 1 or 2 again. All of this while keeping on the side of the arena without the OOTA zone (Yeah don't think I forgot that exists lol). Basically drive hard, angle in, if all else fails YOLO it until it dies or kills itself. Good luck : )
Just here to have a good time