Freshman Fight League Week 4: PuriN II V.S. Crash Test Granny

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

moziet
Team: The Candy Store

Freshman Fight League Week 4: PuriN II V.S. Crash Test Granny

Post by moziet » Sun May 02, 2021 8:41 pm

PuriN II
SPEED: 3 | TRACTION: 2 | TORQUE: 1 | WEAPON: 16 | ARMOR: 8

Crash Test Granny
SPEED: 3 | TRACTION: 11 | TORQUE: 11 | WEAPON: 0 | ARMOR: 5

I'm feeling a lot like Fluffy post 101 right now...

Granny's a jokebot, but Mayfly is one clever bastard. Gotta keep on my toes still so I wont get memed on.

So, the plan is simple. Considering how low Granny's speed is, just spin up and slowly make our way away from the wall. Stay in the middle of the arena for good measure. 11 in both traction and torque is no joke. Give her a haymaker, back off until we're at a good speed, repeat. 16 weapon VS 5 armor, especially since CTG has skirt wedges, is as healthy for a bot as arthritis is for a geriatric. Surely in due time I'll get my first KO, right?

If Gran manages to get close while Purin's spinner isn't screaming, try using the torque of the spinner to pull away from her. Its unlikely she'll outwedge me due to hinged wedgelets, but still. 11 in torque and traction. She pushed a bot with a single fucking wheel while on a wedge! Jesus christ even Popeye fears her push! Just try and get away ASAP when she comes way too close, keep the wedge pointed towards her, and keep the weapon spinning at all times.

Good luck, Mayfly. Heaven holds a place for those who pray.

Mayfly
Team: Not Your Average Team

Re: Freshman Fight League Week 4: PuriN II V.S. Crash Test Granny

Post by Mayfly » Sun May 02, 2021 9:27 pm

So, I was originally going to use a de-icer, but decided against it because
1.) it’s super cheap
2.) it’s probably been done to death already
My main thing I want to do is try to go as fast as I can to get to PuriN before it’s spinner gets to “oh noes” level, if I can’t, pray to the robot gods that I can survive one hit, get under, and just push him around until the bell sounds or he flips over.
Your Average Team
“Because it’s hard to be good, and it’s easy to be bad”

Current Record: 0-8

Robots(bold=Active, Italics=retired

Crash Test Grandma: 0-6

Boy Sprout: 0-2