Freshman Fight League Week 4: Spooky Month VS Jack

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

TurtleBack!
Team: Team ShellShockers

Freshman Fight League Week 4: Spooky Month VS Jack

Post by TurtleBack! » Sun May 02, 2021 3:14 pm

His stats 7/6/3/1/13

My stats: 7/5/3/6/9

Ok so, a similar stat range for this fight. I won’t have to worry about being knocked out, so highly likely we are going to the judges in this one.

Strategy is to use my weapon and hazards to damage him, and control the fight, so we can get some points, he’s a flipper, so he can self right, and he is really fast and durable, so I can’t easily win. I’m gonna have to score as much points as possible, if it goes to the judges. Or if I’m lucky, I can get a knockout in some way, more likely to be the cause of the hazards.

If he even try’s to get to my side or back, I’ll just go and face him forward, just in case he try’s anything sneaky. Oh, and don’t even try a box rush, cause I’ll pull a nope and boost myself out of my square and turn to the left a little and dodge it if he does.

Oh, and if he’s powerful to get me OOTA, I’ll have to be wary of that too.

I’ll try to pin him and drop the saw as well, since I can’t really in the middle of the arena

I’m gonna also have to be wary of his speed, we are similar in speed, but he is a little quicker, but I feel like I can catch up to him and scoop him up.

Oh, and his flipper has a high cancer of not damaging, so easy damage point win, and sure, he may be durable, but against a control bot like mine, it won’t matter anyways. So, that’s a plus.

This is gonna be a battle of driving, and who can score more points.

GL!

Jorji
Team: Team Eagle

Re: Freshman Fight League Week 4: Spooky Month VS Jack

Post by Jorji » Sat May 08, 2021 10:18 pm

Jack: 7/6/3/1/13
Spooky Month: 7/5/3/6/9
-- -- --
Alright, so I'll go for the rush but not head on. I'll swerve to avoid the forks, and try to get him to turn. This is where is -2 traction comes to bite him: he'll oversteer and I'll be there to take advantage. He can't get off my wedge reliably due to wheel placement, so I'll slide deep under, and when the time is right, flip. He can self right, but it isn't instantaneous and thus I'll push him to the Glory Hole if there's time.

If not, shove him into the Exes.
-- -- --
He may have a saw, but with my armor it's more or less a non-factor damage-wise. So if my GH gambit doesn't work, that's what I'll focus on: exploit his drive deficiency and damage, damage, damage. Get him to oversteer, get under and force the vulnerable bits into the saws.

The chassis might not be very damageable, but those wheels? Oh boy, those wheels.

That's what I'll put him to: ongoing degradation. His wheels get shoved in more, what happens? Their grip and shape aren't improving, and that's what I want. Each bite taken will make my job easier, and allow me to get exponentially more aggressive. This, compounded with my superior control, will send him spiraling out of controlled driving.
-- -- --
Now, he'll wedge me a couple of times, but I'll quickly recover. I can, with effort, drive off his wedge, even if I'm fed to the hazards on some occasions myself. If I can't, I'll endure it and self right/recover as quickly as possible. If I can, back up slightly and charge in while he's vulnerable from my escape and chain control through aggression while I can. Basically charge, under, flip, see above.
-- -- --
Oh, and at the end, I'll boost aggression. Get every last point.
-- -- --
GL, and may the best bot win.