Freshman Fight League Week 3: PuriN II V.S. Jack

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

moziet
Team: The Candy Store

Freshman Fight League Week 3: PuriN II V.S. Jack

Post by moziet » Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:27 am

PuriN II
SPEED: 3 | TRACTION: 2 | TORQUE: 1 | WEAPON: 16 | ARMOR: 8

Jack
SPEED: 7 | TRACTION: 6 | TORQUE: 3 | WEAPON: 1 | ARMOR: 13

i want off mr. bones' wild ride

Another BFW (Big Fat Wedge), another hard matchup. Thankfully, I don't have to worry as much about OOTA factors due to Jack's dinky flipper.

So, here's the plan. Spin up, get away from the drums, and try and position ourselves so we get the most distance between us as possible for spinner recovery. A big factor is that despite the armor stat, the sides of their plow are flat, so if they're caught that should be massive damage. Take any opportunity to rip up the back wheels too considering they stick out quite a bit. If we manage to do so, then we push em into the drums to tee the bot up for the beeg hit:tm:.

I... Can't really do much here yet again. Ah well. At least the hammock is comfy. Good luck Jorji!

Jorji
Team: Team Eagle

Re: Freshman Fight League Week 3: PuriN II V.S. Jack

Post by Jorji » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:51 pm

PURIN: 3/2/1/16/8
Jack: 7/6/3/1/13
-- -- --
I can tank his shots. I can rush him. I have a flipper.

I think you can see where this is heading.
-- -- --
At the very beginning I'm going to...did you think I would box rush him? Reasonable, but incorrect. I'm going to let him get up to speed first before going in for the rush. As established, even at full power, that spinner isn't going to penetrate my armor head on unless it gets consistent blows in on a vulnerable spot. It's going to fling me, yes, but he's facing the worse end of that, because he has the worse recovery with 1 torque and 2 traction.

Plus, the gyro of the weapon at that power will keep him from effectively carrying out any sneaky wedging.
-- -- --
So, we collide, he's getting flung. That's where we're at. Now, drive stats alone dictate that my bot will be on it's metaphorical feet much quicker than he is, and thus I will be able to engage in pursuit promptly. As he's still recovering from being thrown from the forces, I will accelerate and charge him. Ill go in head on, to deny his blade the chance to bite at the corner of my wedge. His wedge isn't going to be stable (or on the ground much at all), so I'll be able to quickly slide under. The flipper may be 1 power, but it can still overturn a bot, most especially a unstable, 2 traction horizontal spinner.

So, flip, the end.

In the best case scenario.
-- -- --
If he wants to act defensive, all power to him. If he corner camps, I am NOT approaching under ANY circumstance. I am approaching him in the open, and will wait until he leaves. I am not getting hit with a wedge/HS hit. I draw him out in the open, see above.
-- -- --
If I fail to flip him, the strategy still involves overturning him, but more aggressively. Instead of a head on charge, I'll angle in aggressively and constantly. I'm exploiting my drive a bit more here, and it should work: I have 7 speed to his 3, and even with his control equivalent to mine, flanking is easy. Thus, before the blade gets spun up, I'll go in on his sides before he's capable of maneuvering against me. Under, flip, the end.
-- -- --
GL