Black Lagoon vs Tiamat

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Black Lagoon vs Tiamat

Post by Venice Queen » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:30 pm

Black Lagoon // Speed: 4 / Traction: 3 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 15 (16-1 for dual weapons) / Armor: 6 // forks forwards

Tiamat // Speed: 5 / Traction: 4 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 11 / Armor: 9

mk since rinz compared me to that shit tier dual drum bot team whyachi made 2 years back I feel the need to remind you that counter revolution could turn just fine because it wasn't an overengineered far too small bot with way too much investment into the weapons and none into the drivetrain.

much like last week, he only has 1 point of spd/tra on me, and he suffers from gyro while I don't. I deal 2 damage to his 1 on weapon armor, and 6 to his 5 on body armor. also much like last week I can try to get one of my wedges stuck under his low ground clearance and rotate around it to tee off a "free" hit when he's within their reach area, then just go weapon to weapon as we close if it doesn't work (using strafing+turning to try and counter any shenanigans he's trying to play with aiming for weapon supports).

if he starts hard aiming for the wedges, start sometimes using them as bait: let him run at them, then circle-strafe my weapon towards his side in a sort of matador's gambit. if this doesn't work and he's effective at hitting the wedges, just approach with the side that doesn't have them.

uh yeah. spin2win. don't engage with my back to the oota zone or drums if possible. etc.

GL

Badnik96

Re: Black Lagoon vs Tiamat

Post by Badnik96 » Sat May 01, 2021 10:11 pm

her wedges are really fucking long. so long in fact that i should reasonably be able to reverse off of them before she gets anywhere near close to hitting me with the drum if i happen to get stuck on one. my robot has equal ground clearance on the top and bottom and plenty out the back so this should be no issue. if she tries to go at me weapon to weapon, she'll have to ride up my wedge, which gives me the advantage as i will be hitting lower. since the wedges are cantilevered and only have 6 armor they should come off pretty easily if i hit one.

i'm not going to worry much about taking damage because that's pussy shit. so long as i can outmaneuver her and stay on the offensive i should be fine. find an angle to approach and do so. if i ride up the wedge, reverse off and try again. otherwise, hit her hard and fast and chase her down for more hits. try to aim for a wedge while she's trying to recover and take that off so i don't have to worry about it, then aim for that side on subsequent attacks. keep going at her until one of us dies.

glhf
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ