Freshman Fight League Week 3: Spooky Month Vs Crime Scene

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

TurtleBack!
Team: Team ShellShockers

Freshman Fight League Week 3: Spooky Month Vs Crime Scene

Post by TurtleBack! » Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:11 pm

His stats: 5/4/1/11/9

My stats: 7/5/3/6/9

JESUS THAT WEAPON!

Ok so, strategy is to stay the fuck away from that vert, I have not had good luck facing verts in the past, so I’m gonna have to avoid it with my better speed.

He is well armoured, so my saw wont do much, but ima try anyways

I’ll also have to use the hazards to my advantage too, light cycles are my best bet, since my bot isn’t that good at sending things OOTA

speaking of. He can send bots OOTA easily, so I have to be wary of that too.

Overall, I’ll have to use the arena hazards and my weapon to deal damage, and avoid the weapon, and not get OOTA.

Oh, and if he can’t self right at all, I’ll use that to my advantage

GL!

TDG does ARC
Team: Team CSI

Re: Freshman Fight League Week 3: Spooky Month Vs Crime Scene

Post by TDG does ARC » Sat May 01, 2021 10:08 pm

Spooky Month: 7/5/3/6/9

Crime Scene: 5/4/1/11/9

Scary fight here (pun not intended), so he has a decent speed advantage but not a game ender, the fight starts and I'm sure he either wants a boxrush or he'll want to swerve at my sides, he doesn't state those forks are hinged and they are both stubby and wide so I feel decent about being able to get under them in most scenarios, my plan is to go out at an angle at low spin power and force him to turn, his traction to speed difference means he should swerve pretty hard and expose something to angle in on, then I can turn and spinup into him at a good angle, will I be spun up all the way? Nah, but the point is just to get a nice little pop and take away control he could be having, then come in with another chain hit where I should be more spun up and get a nice launch into the air, maybe even bend a fork or cut a little gash, he's gonna get up and run at this point I'm sure, but I'm after him, I guide him towards the middle of the arena with me facing the OOTA zone where I come to a quick halt and spinup much higher, he's gonna be swerving to face me and then I charge full force at him at a very slight angle to help get under him, WHACK, I can get a couple of nice chain hits right towards the OOTA zone and then get a massive launch right over the wall and OOTA!

In the case an OOTA opportunity does not present itself it's gonna be a lot of stick and move, avoiding any gyro with little turns and then waiting for him to mess up and oversteer so I can angle in on his front or sides, even if he does get a hold of me 1. my wheels poke out the back so I can shimmy and turn off his forks if he tries to push, and 2. good luck bringing that saw into play when my massive disc is in the way, I'm also gonna make sure to stay reasonably far from the screws because I know those can mess me up pretty bad, it's gonna be tough but I think my design is a decent enough counter to his to make it work. So basically drive decisive, angle in, profit. Good luck : )

P.S. Sorry Laz I meant to get this in earlier haha
Just here to have a good time