FF Week 2: Fustercluck vs. Black Lagoon

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Rinzler

FF Week 2: Fustercluck vs. Black Lagoon

Post by Rinzler » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:30 pm

Fustercluck- 5/4/1/8/12 (all weapon armor applied to the flipper, +3 to the drisc)

Black Lagoon- 4/3/1/16(15/15)/6

Week one was good so let's keep this momentum going! So right off the bat this thing is gonna struggle heavily turning (hell Falcon straight up couldn't turn with both weapons on) so shes gonna be heavily reliant on strafing. Second, those forks are super long and only the very edges touch the ground so I should have no problem getting under.

To start the match I'm gonna lead in with my flipper. It can survive a few shots and if I lose it I still have my main weapon. I'm basically just gonna make a slightly cautious approach, keeping my distance and trying to force Sio to try and turn. Once I see an opening I'm going to angle in on the fork and pop her into the air, following and getting follow-ups as she lands. If her drums stop for a bit I might try and shove her to the nearest hazard but that's not likely. If my flipper gets torn off or (more likely) the clutch breaks, switch to my drisc and repeat the same strategy. If the drisc also breaks, try and push her by the fork hinges. Fire the flipper to self right.

Gl hf Sio!

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Re: FF Week 2: Fustercluck vs. Black Lagoon

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:51 am

yeah yeah whatever it's late

FC // Speed: 5 / Traction: 4 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 8/ Armor: 12 (all weapon armor applied to the flipper, +3 to the drisc) // anti-horizontal config as per ping in discord //
BL // Speed: 4 / Traction: 3 / Torque: 1 / Weapon: 15 (16-1 for dual weapons) / Armor: 6 // Both Wedges facing front //

k so she has not enough speed to flank, and we both have mecanum advantages and disadvatages. she has to deal with gryo, I (for the first part of the fight at least) don't. there will be less hits and a lot more knockback in this fight, which advantages my higher weapon & more efficient secondary weapon, which both make more impact in less time having very little wedge up front is also an advantage in this fight, as it will allow me to potentially hit at her wedges before we go disc-to disc, which is good damage points. she doesn't damage my weapon, I don't damage hers. she *doesn't* one shot my body, I do one shot hers.

my biggest advantage in this fight by far are my forks. FC has low ground clearance, and I have long-ass forks. if I can get even one wheel raised I suddenly have a mobility advantage - more than usual because she's on mecanums - and can rotate my bot's body around the fork to get to the side of her robot. she can react to this by firing the flipper, but the disc is the flywheel for the flipper and doing that slows both weapons, and throws the robot around with the force of a dry firing 8 power 4-bar flipper. that would, I assume, give a large enough opening for me to vaguely smack some part of her 9 armored body with my 15 power weapon and get a 1hko.

I don't always have to engage with the side that has the hinged wedges first, but it is preferred because it lets me threaten that.

I treated most of this rp as if she would engage me with the disc because I approach them the same, the wedge is just a strictly better matchup for me. maybe if FC had actual torque and we didn't have mecanums she could smother me with it, but we're both going to be tossed back so far that I should usually be able to reclaim at least my former positioning, if not the center of the arena.

don't drive into the hazards 4head. drive out of hazards if flipped into them, 4head. hit her into hazards if possible, 4head. be aggressive - my weapons are more efficient than hers, I dont want to give her space to plot.

GL