Tiamat vs Crime Scene

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Badnik96

Tiamat vs Crime Scene

Post by Badnik96 » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:45 pm

we have the exact same stat line, so this is gonna come down to who has the better design and who has the better driver.

He has the longer forks, and they'll fit right in between the gaps in mine. This means i'll have to angle in against them in order to sneak underneath. So what i'm going to do is drive out about a third of the way across the box, then stop and look at how he's approaching me. From there, I'll determine what angle to come in at and how to approach. Surely he will turn to face me, but since he'll still be charging and I won't he will likely have some oversteer to correct, at which point i'll make my move and attack at an angle that allows me to get in.

This is where I exploit his major design flaw, which is that he has no uprights to keep his disc from hitting the ground when flipped. If I upend him, his disc will catch the floor and he'll go flying. He needs to either hope he lands right-side up or wait until his disc slows enough to use his srimech, both of which give me plenty of time to capitalize and go in on the offensive. If he does the same to me, due to my uprights, I can still drive and maneuver and attack, even if it's sub-optimal. I can also hit him with my inverted weapon to right myself.

So basically I want to out-drive him at the start and use that to snowball into a large points lead, then drive evasively until I find my next moment to strike. Out-maneuvering is the name of the game, and as long as I think one step ahead of him he won't be able to get the edge due to our equal drive trains.

GLHF
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ

TDG does ARC
Team: Team CSI

Re: Tiamat vs Crime Scene

Post by TDG does ARC » Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:59 pm

Tiamat: 5/4/1/11/9

Crime Scene: 5/4/1/11/9

A mirror match against one of the oldest vets in the sport, what could possibly go wrong amirite? So the fight starts, I'm sure he's thinking the same thing as me and doesn't try a boxrush because of that crooked cop, now as my opponent Jack demonstrated last time 11 power verts have some gyro to them, and that's where my strategy comes into play, I'm gonna spin up to about 50% speed to negate gyro and as we both go around the cop he's bound to make a turn and gyro, WHACK!, I spinup to full speed as I rush him mid gyrodance and launch his ro-butt in the air, should be a big enough hit to get a little cosmetic damage at the very least as well, so now the plan is throttle back down to around half % and rush him as he's still recovering, spinup moments from impact, and whack him right towards the fatales, ofc it won't do damage because it's in whitemode but it will disorient him at the very least, as he struggles to get off of those I repeat the strat from before but go for a head on charge, I'm confident that my wedglets are in a much better position than his and I can comfortably slide under most of the time, another hit goes, I'm sure he'll want to run away and regroup and probably try to go for my sides, but since I'm spun down enough and have little fear of going head on I'm content to keep my front facing him so he's gonna have a very hard time getting a good opening, if he gets too close I back away and force him to turn thereby causing some gyro that I can then take advantage of for another whack attack, ideally I want to guide him towards the OOTA zones slowly and then get a KO punch, which I'm sure is possible, but if he sees what I'm trying to do and keeps away I have no problems repeating this strat for 3 more minutes, I'm just as fast, have a nice srimech to get back up if he does manage to land any hits, and have a way to negate gyro, hopefully this is enough to score an OOTA or a convincing JD.

Good luck Badnik : )
Just here to have a good time