Freshmen Fight League: Charlotte: The Astomishing Shelob Vs Fustercluck

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Colon_The

Freshmen Fight League: Charlotte: The Astomishing Shelob Vs Fustercluck

Post by Colon_The » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:39 am

Week 1: Charlotte: The Astomishing Shelob Vs Fustercluck
Charlotte: The Astonishing Shelob (Horizontal Setup)
Speed: 6
Traction: 5
Torque: 1
Weapon: 10 (1 for Flamethrower, 7 for spinner, 1 for turret, 1 for shell turret)
Armor: 7

Fustercluck (IDK Setup, I'm assuming Horizontal :/ )
Speed: 5
Traction: 4
Torque: 1
Weapon: 8
Armor: 12
  • I start with my Horizontal facing the back and my flamethrower-forks facing them
  • At the start of my match I’ll move my weapon to roughly at the level of their weapon if their vert is facing me, to their chassis level if their flipper is facing me.
  • My plan is to charge at them full speed and lock horns until my weapons gets up to speed, then swing my weapon onto the side of their chassis or the side of the spinner axle holder thing depending on if the spinner or flipper is facing me.
  • I want to lock horns and stall as much as possible and hit them with my weapon as much as possible, if I can push them around I’ll pin them against the wall and get them stuck on or damaged by the arena.
  • I want to avoid the vert getting a hit on the shell as much as possible, I’m faster so just running away, or running away and rotating my shell into any of the fork configs is what I’ll do if they ANGLE IN at me. If they send me in the air, IT’S OVER. I want to make sure I have a fork config facing them at all times, luckily my shell turret can actually keep up with them (maybe)
  • However I’ll flail my weapon around (to try and hit them) upon landing.
  • I want to try to smother, push them into walls, pin them and hit them for as long as possible, and just be super aggressive.
    I’ll try to keep smothering them, but I have tracks and they have mechanum wheels so I wont always be on top of them, but I’ll definitely try.
  • I think that I might have a chance with this matchup, the extra armor isn’t particularly useful since my turret could just get a side jab on the chassis and I can battle them for ground clearance with either of their weapons facing me and my weapon may not do much damage, but overtime could maybe do stuff.

Rinzler

Re: Freshmen Fight League: Charlotte: The Astomishing Shelob Vs Fustercluck

Post by Rinzler » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:36 pm

Charlotte: 6/5/1/10(1/7/1/1)/7

Fustercluck: 5/4/1/11/9

Oh boy it's been a while. My bot strafes almost twice as fast as his can turn or spin the turret, I do 4 damage to corners just about everywhere, and he does -2 damage even on the weakest parts of my bot.

The strategy for this match is gonna be pretty simple: stay strafing and force him to have to keep turning his bot to try and approach me. Whenever hes closer to a wall than I am, cut in and strike with the vertical spinner. Once he's flipped, keep tossing him around and try to break off some wedgelets and expose more of the juicy bits. I really dont wanna chase him to the walls so if I toss him too far I'll stay in the center and wait for him to approach again, repeating the same strategy.

If he tries to angle his wedgelets on me, just cut the other way and angle back in on him.

If he does manage to start pushing me, turn to where I'm sitting perpendicular to his drive. This means hes only able to yeet his weapon into one of mine.

I don't really plan on using the flipper, but if the opportunity arises I'll take it.

Good luck and have fun yall <3