Freshman League: Jack vs Crime Scene

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

TDG does ARC
Team: Team CSI

Freshman League: Jack vs Crime Scene

Post by TDG does ARC » Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:07 am

Jack: 7/6/3/1/13

Crime Scene: 5/4/1/11/9

Alright so this is an interesting fight, they have the speed and pushing but I think I have the better wedge and weapon, so the match starts, I expect a boxrush so I'm gonna get to the corner furthest from the OOTA wall as quick as I can and stay there, I'm gonna play the first few seconds very defensively, my forks are hinged and have what I think is a better shape so I'm confident in my ability to get under them, so I'm gonna hang back and keep my front pointed, I don't think they have enough of a speed advantage to flank a bot that is just turning to face them so they will have to come for a charge and hope for the best, I've done the math and I have enough weapon power to throw them over the 5 foot OOTA wall and then some, so when they go for the charge they will go up my wedge, get launched, and I'm fast enough I can be on their tail and lined up about as quick as they land, I land another shot aimed at the OOTA wall, and then go for one big ram as they land and finish the job, they go about 5 and a half feet in the air and land over it for a KO win.

In the case that somehow misses I want to keep up a defensive strat, probably stay in corners and keep my front towards them so they cannot angle in and then get a few chain hits when they try to get under (if I'm facing the OOTA zone I will try to do the first strat again ofc), I'm well aware that wall will go down to a point they can flip over so I refuse to have my back facing towards the OOTA zone at any point, the screws are troublesome as well so I'll try to stay out of reach of them and cut Jack off at it's metaphorical knees and I can take a convincing JD, sacrificing pure aggression for total control mixed with some aggression and damage.
Just here to have a good time

Jorji
Team: Team Eagle

Re: Freshman League: Jack vs Crime Scene

Post by Jorji » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:18 pm

Jack: 7/6/3/1/13
CS: 5/4/1/11/9
— — —
So, I’m going to exploit my drive. While he’ll say “it’s only a 2 speed advantage”, it ignores acceleration. While at max speed he can say that I won’t be much faster, he isn’t going to be at max speed often and I use it:

How? It depends upon his course of action:

- If he goes with a offensive opening, I’m going to angle away from his vertical spinner. This isn’t angling in, but moving to a optimal position to get him to take risks. By out-speeding him, I’m going to force him to take sharp turns to catch me, and that’s where I want him.

- If he goes defensive...... I can out-wait him. I’ll make bait passes (at a non-strikeable distance, of course) to show some aggression, but overall, I’m going to draw him out. If he stays hiding, what’s he gonna do and why would I approach him? Risk getting onto those forks? I’ll stayed withdrawn safely until he has to move, and then implement the ‘offensive strategy’.

So ultimately, regardless of his intentions at first, he’s going to have to approach me in attack. Now, as stated, I can dodge his advances with ease, so he’s going to step up his game in aggression. That’s where gyro comes in. See Bombshell vs Minotaur? Notice how Bombshell was lifted by it’s spinner’s forces when it turned? Well, CS has a stronger vert and, due to the need for maneuvers in attack, he’ll be making harder turns. That will leave a noticeable gap in-between the wedge and the ground, one that I can exploit to my advantage.

When a sufficiently large gap is present at a safe opportunity, I will charge in and slide underneath. Given the angle I approach at, it will bypass his dangerous forks entirely. When slid deep underneath, it’s a matter of getting him to a good angle and flipping. Even a 1 power arm is capable of overturning a vert if sufficiently positioned, and that it shall be.

Once done, CS will be pushed to the Hole (into which it will be fed at a optimal angle to fit into the Hole through the Xs), or if unavailable, the Exes, sideways. The srimech should be forced into the hazards first, to hinder self-righting.

In OOTAfailure, I will instead continue the strategy situation-appropriate, approaching from erratic but safe angles. Self right and reposition to safety if flipped.
— — —
Good luck, and may the best bot win.