Freshman Fight League: Spooky Month Vs PuriN II

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

TurtleBack!
Team: Team ShellShockers

Freshman Fight League: Spooky Month Vs PuriN II

Post by TurtleBack! » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:10 pm

Calling HS Config

His stats: 3/2/1/16/8

My stats: 7/5/3/4/11 (+2 wedge)

Well, looks like first fights gonna be hard, especially with a new bot. But here’s hoping I can pull it off!

For my strat, I’m gonna go full on Tombstone Vs Skorpios on this one. I’m gonna smother him with my wedge, and slam him into hazards and walls, DO NOT LET THAT WEAPON UP TO SPEED! It hits like a monster truck, and I don’t want that to happen.

I’ll also try at sometimes to hit the top area with my saw, hoping to do some damage and score some points in case it goes to the judges.

He also isn’t fast, so this strat should go to plan.

Best of luck!

moziet
Team: The Candy Store

Re: Freshman Fight League: Spooky Month Vs PuriN II

Post by moziet » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:49 pm

I am going to assume that Turtleback is gonna use the anti HS config. I'll spin up and immediately go forward. Considering how PuriN's traction is not the best and its weapon has massive force, it should tilt me clockwise as I go forward. If SM boxrushes, then I immediately go backwards and turn the opposite way. SM's traction wont allow for much mid course adjustments, so it should slam into the wall, in which I'll capitalize via tearing him a structurally superfluous behind. Catch a corner for extra fun juice. After that initial exchange, go to the middle and then let them approach. Hopefully catch those juicy flat edges due to Spooky Month's lacking control. Keep a bias towards the side of the arena without the Razor. Repeat the matador process to victory.

Alternate plan if they catch on! Spooky Month's wedge is most likely fixed, and wont be that good at wedging compared to PuriN's hinged wedgelets. It doesn't help that its wedge seems to not end in a point, but a flat wall. Thankfully its wheels dont pop out the back of the chassis, or else I'd sorta be screwed. Slowly push it to the Wild Flings or the Psycho Exes (whichever ones nearer, except for the one neae the Glory Hole. Avoid the hole at all costs) to pop it up and get it high centered on them. Then, spin up and anticipate them getting off to deliver juicy hits. This strat also applies to if my weapon goes out, but its unlikely considering the staggering 4 for a weapon stat.

Thanks, and have fun :)