Freshman Legaue: Tiament vs Green Eggs & Slam!

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

NickyDustyOwl

Freshman Legaue: Tiament vs Green Eggs & Slam!

Post by NickyDustyOwl » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:56 am

Tiament: 5/4/1/11/9
GE&S: 7/6/4/0/13

Im against a veteran and a vertical spinner. This is basically an auto loss for me but Dylan with all respect, your gonna have to work your ass off to get this win

Since I have the better drivetrain than him, At the start im going to box rush to put him off guard, he's gonna be up to speed pretty quickly so I have to stop that spinner instantly. As he's trying to re-gather everything, Im going to try and get to the side and toss it into the screws. Go off to the side of the screws till he gets off and try to get 'em from the side and toss 'em onto the killsaws. I wanna start circling him for about 10 seconds just to draw out time. This time, ill try to come in from the front, if it works, push 'em into the screws one more. If it doesnt, back off and recover and try to flank 'em from the side and push into the screws. At this point, he should be pretty beat up and slowing down, start taking it easier and just keep pushing him into the killsaws. Once theres a minute remaining, scoop him up and go to one side of the arena and just ram him out of the arena.

Plan 2 if the box rush is unsuccseful. Make him get up to speed, back up and use the twacking arm and drive straight into the spinner. Since the arm is practically useless I can risk using it that way to stop his spinner. Then, once again, as he's trying to recover, scoop him up and toss him into the screws just like i did in plan 1 and start doing everything like Plan 1 once again

Good luck Dylan. Great to fight you mate :)
I do RA2 most of the time and im funny sometimes

Badnik96

Re: Freshman Legaue: Tiament vs Green Eggs & Slam!

Post by Badnik96 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:20 pm

so he's a 2wd wedge, but he's got this giant weight hanging off the back which means his wedge is going to tilt backwards most of the time, especially when he accelerates. i have hinged forks, so i should be getting under him more often than not. neither of us can really damage each other so this will come down to control, i have the better weapon to facilitate that.

basically i'm going to watch him as he comes out, since odds are he's going to rush me. keep my front pointed at him as i get the drum spun up then move out once he commits to a direction. he may be faster, but he'll have less time to react if something goes wrong because of that. if i close in on him he probably won't be able to change his direction on a snap reaction, especially since his thwack arm will probably cause him to oversteer. if he opts to go into a thwack mode at this point, then i'll look at which direction he's spinning and then aim so his thwack rides up my wedge and into my weapon to throw him around.

once i have the advantage, then i'm just gonna keep chasing him down, taking advantage of when he lands and scoring more hits before he can recover. keep this chain going for as long as possible.

if he gets under me, i should have the rear ground clearance necessary to j-hook off, then attack the side. obviously, if he does end up shoving me around, then look for any opportunity to escape as quickly as possible.

glhf
Team Ignition
Redline: Robot Bastards 1 LW champ
Pyrite: FRR Backlash LW champ
The Debilitator: Cherry Bomb Classic 1 LW champ
Sling Shot: Bot O' Rama 2016 Sportsman champ
Doomerang: Robot Fight Night HW champ