Mechanized Mayhem Week 2: Indiana: The Irate Imugi Vs Man, I Love Fishing

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Colon_The

Mechanized Mayhem Week 2: Indiana: The Irate Imugi Vs Man, I Love Fishing

Post by Colon_The » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:47 am

Man, I Love Fishing (whom I will call M,ILF in my RP)
Speed: 7
Traction: 7
Torque: 4
Weapon: 1
Armor: 11

Indiana: The Irate Imugi - Angled Hammer Spinner setup w/ Long fork in the front and Scoop claws.
Traction: 6
Torque: 1
Weapon: 9
Armor: 6 (+1 for Hind Attachments, Hind Attachment = 9, Rest of Chassis = 7)

This is a tough one for me. I don’t know how to strategize against it and none of my attachments are particularly useful, but here we go.
  • My plan is to lock horns with them, I assume they will be facing me and I want to spin up my weapon and charge at them, there is a hole under/behind my weapon, I want to get their spikes stuck their and try to push them, they can’t lift me well, my forks get under them and they only place the weapon could lift up is on the weapon area and I doubt they could get a good grip on that or break it, I will either keep it a stale mate or push them into the flamethrower, grill some fish, and push them into that area every Tik the attempt to escape.
  • If they are better at pushing than me, I back away and turn so my scoop is facing them, then try to spin up my weapon then do a spin to strike the side of them, I will keep doing so until something on M,ILF breaks.
  • If they every get close to my wheels, I quickly turn and strike them.
  • If I ever get enough distance, I want to spin up and charge at them yelling at the top of my lungs “Insert Battle Cry”, I want to rip off the weapon with my spinner, and/or lock horns with them, and try to push them into the fire.
  • If I get flipped on my head, I call them names and try to provoke them into flipping my back onto my wheels, or into the fire
  • If their back is ever facing me, I turn to get my back facing them, get under their back with my scoop and push them into the fire.
  • If time is running out and it is clear I’m losing, I just go into the fire and roast myself.
I just really want someone to get grilled.

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: Mechanized Mayhem Week 2: Indiana: The Irate Imugi Vs Man, I Love Fishing

Post by V900 » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:39 pm

robots
V900 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:02 pm Image
additional pics
Bar rotates 360 degrees. Fish can roll.

Torque: 4
Traction: 7
Armor: 11 (+2 flippy bar thing)
Weapon: 1

Colon_The wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:02 am I'm In

Team Questionable Strategies
  • Tri-Hammer Spinner (Look at Hammertron for Hammer spinner, I hope I am allowed to make it 3 arms) or a Hammer (Screw the vert).
    I took some inspiration from Hammertron and Roadblock.
    2 big wheels are to move, and the 2 small front wheels are just for turning and stability
    Originally Woodrow: The Whalloping Wyvern, but that Mythical creature was taken.
    It can't self right, even with the hammer
    The photos showcase the various attachments and mods, not exclusive configurations (as in I could mix and match, hence why I'll reduce the mount if need be)
Front Attachments
  • 2 long forks + 2 regular forks that can only be equipped with the Horizontal and non-defensive attachments
    or 4 regular Forks
    or The 2 Wedgelets
Back Attachments (all are static)
  • Wedge
    Grabber Claws (Vertical)
    Crab Claws (Horizontal)
    Fork Scoops
    Top Attachments
    Wings (Cannot be paired with wedgelets)
I’ll cut down on attachments if need be.

(only 29 points per config, due to multiple configurations)
  • Horizontal Hammer-Spinner Config (forks/long forks)
Torque 1
Damage: 9
Armor: 6 (+1 for hind attachments, Hind attachments = 7, rest of chassis = 5)
  • Hammer Config (forks)
Torque 1
Damage: 7
Armor: 8 (+1 for hind attachments, Hind attachments = 9, rest of chassis = 7)
  • w/ Anti Hammer Wings (for Hammer Spinner)
Torque 1
Damage: 7
Armor: 8 (-2 for Wings, Wings = 10, rest of chassis = 6)
  • w/ Front Wedge
Torque 1
Damage: 6
Armor: 9 (+1 Front Wedge, +1 Hind Attachments, Front Wedge = 10, Hind Attachments = 10, rest of chassis = 7)

Notable Achievements:
  • I Lost to Turtleback in a previous ARC tournament, with another green robot.
I'm going with everything default as pictured, and uhh so I think he's using this config? He declared but his bot is so confusing lol

In any case, this is a weird design and I bet he's gonna be like "ooh he doesn't know the matchup so hit him with the element of surprise :^)" but that doesn't work on me. I know he can try to grab my sides with the claws, I know he can try to do the gyro thing with the spinner.
  • The claw thing is listed as static, meaning it does nothing unless it's literally the exact size of my robot down to the millimeter (99.9% chance it isn't). I can just slide under and lift the rest of his bot or push him.
  • I have more than sufficient torque to back off and avoid him if he does the gyro thing. Ram his spinner head-on in this case (9 damage vs 13 armor plow/9 armor chassis+wheels if it comes to that) whenever he comes down.
Other than those, this match is pretty straightforward. Take advantage of my massive acceleration advantage (2 seconds vs 0.25 seconds) to juke him out and get my itty bitty wedge under his itty bitty wedge. His chassis armor is real bad, so pushing him over any of the hazards with my 4 torque should do some significant damage. Obviously don't bother with the OOTA hoop.

gl hf

P.S. I'm pretty sure his armor bonuses just straight up breaks the rules. One config has 5 "rest of chassis" armor while others have 6 or 7? Huh?????