Mechanised Mayhem Week 2: Torakkā vs Satanic Panic

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

GrimmRonin
Team: Reaper Robotix

Mechanised Mayhem Week 2: Torakkā vs Satanic Panic

Post by GrimmRonin » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:50 am

The Numbers:
Torakkā: 8/8/4/2/9
Satanic Panic: 4/3/1/14/8

Torakkā strategy

That is one extremely nasty looking weapon on the front of Satanic Panic, and if it gets a single hit on my sides, then bye bye to my track. Therefore, for obvious reasons, I’ll be doing everything in my power to avoid taking hits to the sides, even if it means sacrificing a front wedge to take the hit instead. However, that weapon’s power will likely be it’s own worst enemy, as with the two wheeled drivetrain I expect it to destabilise the robot with gyroscopic forces when turning.

This plays to my biggest advantage: My speed, acceleration and flat out drive power. I’ll be looking to run circles around Satanic Panic, trying to force it to destabilise with the gyro as it turns to keep up with me. Then, when going in for the attack, the primary goal will be to get the disc stopped, either by forcing it to expend energy in self righting, or by slamming it into the wall. If I can get it stopped even temporarily, then I can try using the lifting forks to tip the bot onto it’s back, where I’m not sure if it can get the torque to spin up in order to right itself when the disc isn't already at speed. If I can’t turn it over however, then the strategy will be to just stay on top of Satanic, rinse and repeat without giving it the opportunity to gain enough distance to safely spin up.

Hooray For Lexan

Re: Mechanised Mayhem Week 2: Torakkā vs Satanic Panic

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:56 am

Torraka’s really quick and has a powerful drivetrain, so I need to be careful to avoid getting box rushed. Start sideways and immediately turn the weapon on and run away until it’s at full speed. I do not want him stopping my blade and then turning my over. Once I’m spun up, if he’s being aggressive I want to back up close to a wall so he has less room to run around in circles and try to make me gyro, and let him approach. If he's hanging back and refusing to come to me, then go on the attack, but don't do any fancy stuff to try to get to his sides, just keep the weapon pointed straight at him. I want to hit him him dead-center, right between his yellow wedge sides. His forks are too shallow to lift me much, and my disc has enough reach to go right into either the root of the forks or that central pod between them. A hit in either of those places should be the end of his lifter functioning, and might also flip him on his back.

Turn him over if at all possible. His main wedge doesn’t work inverted and his forks aren’t long enough that he won’t get hit, so he has to use the back wedgelets, but I can easily get the disc between those and hit his flat rear end, which will cause a LOT of damage. If I’m ever able to chain hits, go for his treads! I can easily tear them off. It looks like they’re mounted on rubber wheels of some sort, but with crawler tracks often only one set of wheels/sprockets is actually powered. Even if he can still drive on the bare roadwheels he may have a lot of trouble turning if he’s dragging unpowered wheels around – not to mention I can tear wheels off or bend axles as well. A single hit could mess his drivetrain up enough to let me control the rest of the match.

If he’s lifting me and I have any traction, try to juke myself around so I slip off the forks and hopefully land on them with the weapon spinning.

Be strategic avoid hazards etc, GL HF