Mechanized Mayhem Week 1: Man I Love Fish vs Elevation

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

British-Robotics

Mechanized Mayhem Week 1: Man I Love Fish vs Elevation

Post by British-Robotics » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:10 am

Man I Love Fish: Speed: 7 Torque: 4 Traction: 7 Armour: 11 Weapon: 1
Elevation: Speed: 6 Traction: 6 Weapon 4: Torque: 3 Armour: 11

MILF weapon is quite slow to go back & forth so that can be beneficial for me to plan on catching him off-guard when going on the attack. His sides are an obvuious weak point since the mechanism on the robot is portruded so I can allow my forks to at least strand MILF onto the side.

I need to be careful on not showing my side to my opponent and try to stay facing head on as much as possible with my forks. Go for the front of MILF once his weapon is raised.

If I do manage to do this I will send my opponent right onto the floor spikes to at least damage my opponent.

Good luck and may the best robot win :)

V900
Team: End of the Line LLC

Re: Mechanized Mayhem Week 1: Man, I Love Fishing! vs Elevation

Post by V900 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:50 pm

bots
V900 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:02 pm Image
additional pics
Bar rotates 360 degrees. Fish can roll.

Speed: 7
Torque: 4
Traction: 7
Armor: 11 (+2 flippy bar thing)
Weapon: 1
British-Robotics wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:26 am Elevation

I'll enter this :).

Ok, so this is my design for the classic Robot Wars style, It's a 6WD robot with lifitng forks that can operate up and down which has a Panic Attack style, the design can run inverted.

Speed: 6
Traction: 6
Weapon: 4
Torque: 3
Armour 11
My speed and torque advantage means I'm faster and get up to my higher max speed in half the time he does (0.25sec vs 0.50sec). That coupled with the ample amount of space between my wedge-lifter-thing and my actual chassis means I can aggro as much as I please without worrying about him taking control and shoving me into a wall. This also means I don't need to worry about the hazards either, unless the writer decides that my 7/7 drivetrain "accidentally" veers over the spikes. :V

Really just go at him repeatedly. Switch up between head-on rams and trying to angle in on the sides of his forks. Focus on whatever works better. If I get under, go for wall pins first and foremost because these hazards are pretty weaksauce against 11 chassis armor lol

If he does get under me, I can either:
  • Hook off, as is normal brick fare.
  • Swing my lifter backward and literally roll myself over his top.
Just like when attacking, do whichever is more viable. The dorsal fin on top is supposed to be made of decorative flexy-bendy plastic tubes, so it won't get in the way if I try that second one.

gl hf