Mechanized Mayhem Week 1: Turtleback vs Something Strange

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

TurtleBack!
Team: Team ShellShockers

Mechanized Mayhem Week 1: Turtleback vs Something Strange

Post by TurtleBack! » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:17 pm

My stats: 6/2/1/10/10 (+2 for wedge)
His Stats: 6/5/3/4 (3/3)/12

So, I'm fighting a lifter/clamper in my first fight, it should be easy as long as I don't screw it up.

My main strategy is to get under his bot, but instead of flipping, I will use my clampers and drive him to a OOTA shot area and get him out, basically, ima go and do some sort of defenestrator impression. And I will basically repeat that unless something goes wrong.

Even if I can’t seem to do it, dragging him around and flipping him should allow me to get some points from the judges.

And since we have such a unique size, it shouldn't be a problem if he tries to lift us.

Best of luck!

Wolf51-50

Re: Mechanized Mayhem Week 1: Turtleback vs Something Strange

Post by Wolf51-50 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:20 pm

Forks on.

I leave ARC tournaments for almost a year and I come back to this? Well then, off we go

6/2 means he's gonna have beyond abysmal control, so I might do some slight turns to catch him off guard. I also have the advantage when it comes to wedging. His wedge doesn't appear to have a flat edge to it, and should I ride up it, I'm only gonna be on the tip of it. He'll have to push me up a wall to get me into his clamp. If he is still able to somehow do this, fire the rod to push off of the back of his mouth.

Start by doing a bit of weaving so that he possibly gets disoriented and get under whatever comes first (his wedge is of little concern). If he is keeping up then don't worry too much about this and just simply get under him. Then lift him up while carrying him to a wall. Fire the rod if he attempts to escape so he gets sent backwards into the wall. His longboi stance will make it am issue for him to escape any nearby wall I bring him to. If I manage to catch his side, lift and line him up on the wall with the rod so he's stuck on his side. Pin him in this way if he attempts to get back down. You can also get under his wedge and try to pin him longways or simply just leave him there on my wedge.
If this lifting and pinning technique is going nowhere, switch to clamping. He won't be able to really lock horns with my clamp, so I can just be a boring wedge and bonk him into walls, hazards, and what have you. If I manage to flip him over clamp him so that he is unable to self right as I push him into horrible places.

Good luck