Mechanized Mayhem: Not Your Average Robot vs Dead Mans Hand

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Mayfly
Team: Not Your Average Team

Mechanized Mayhem: Not Your Average Robot vs Dead Mans Hand

Post by Mayfly » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:47 am

Opponent: Dead Mans Hand
Stats:Speed: 6
Traction: 4
Torque: 2
Weapon: 10
Armor: 9 (+1 front plate)

Okay, I got a pretty difficult first round draw here. Because I a̶m̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶w̶a̶r̶d̶ want to play it safe, I'm going with Not Your Average Configuration. Aces and Eights is one of my favorite bots, and Dead Mans Hand is heavily based off it. Aces was beaten by being outwedged, so my plan is to do a fast box rush to get DMH up on the wedge where the attachment is. Then, I ram it into the wall. and then I do that, over and over and over and over and over. I am not confident Dead Mans Hand or the weapon will break, so I will continue to do that and get the JD.
Your Average Team
“Because it’s hard to be good, and it’s easy to be bad”

Current Record: 0-8

Robots(bold=Active, Italics=retired

Crash Test Grandma: 0-6

Boy Sprout: 0-2

Superbomb122

Re: Mechanized Mayhem: Not Your Average Robot vs Dead Mans Hand

Post by Superbomb122 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:12 pm

dw I have a Cunning Plan : p

NYAB does not have visible wheels, so it’s safe to assume we’re dealing with 4WD static. They’re also not invertible to my knowledge, so that’s helpful.

When the fight starts, charge NYAB and try to catch an angle of its wedge. My robot’s low traction should play into this, making Dead Man’s Hand slide slightly around the arena. If I can get the right hit, the drum will hopefully lift or flip NYAB. If the first charge doesn’t work, keep the aggression high and aim to get under. My weapon deals more damage, so I should be able to at least wear down the wedge if I fail to flip. Take any and all opportunities to get a hit on the sides, as they are much easier to bit into that the wedge.

If I get outwedged, do my best to J-hook off or ramp off the wedge depending on which option leaves me less exposed to the saw. I’ll try to stay away from hazards, as it’s best for me to only have to deal with my opponent and not the hazards as well.

GLHF
Team ETHER 12-11
REDDIT: 3-2
CBC: 9-9