Dirty Dozen Grand Final: Listen Here, Grandad, This is America. Everyone Here Eats Ass vs OTSC 2.0

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

YSMQTHLQYH
Team: Team Design Flaw

Dirty Dozen Grand Final: Listen Here, Grandad, This is America. Everyone Here Eats Ass vs OTSC 2.0

Post by YSMQTHLQYH » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:41 am

Yes i am still alive, i think.
I took out one of ‽ Robotics' bots, then they took one of mine back. This is the only way to end it all.

Grandad: Speed: 8 / Traction: 7 / Torque: 3 / Weapon: 1 / Armor: 11 (+1 front)
OTSC: Speed: 7 / Traction: 6 / Torque: 4 / Weapon: 0 / Armor: 13
I will use the normal wedge once again.
We both have equal control, they are faster but i got the most better torque (a lot better cuz omnis succ). They can strafe but if i get under past the tip it wont be able to do much in terms of driving which could be a big deal. If i get under quite deep the thing will be resting entirely on the puncher and thus wont be able to do shit.

If they get under i will be able to push anyways, if i ride up the forks way up to not be able to drive i will probably fall to one side and be able to hook off or something. Worst case Grandad pushes me around and pins me to a wall or uses the shitty weapon to push me into the 0 damage hazard using the strength of a falling leaf.

The wheels look like a juicy target to smash into death drum hazard, but the rear end of the puncher will make it really awkward to get the hit in and they are likely able to surprisingly survive a direct hit from it (their functionality will be somewhat compromised tho).
What i am getting to is that no real damage will probably happen this fight so it will all come down to the jd. Of course i will still try to slam Grandad into the hazard for extra points, if none of them are in a rather straight line from where i am going just pin against the nearest part of wall. Just pushing around the entire arena for a while could be better but if it Grandad proves to be able to fall off and escape decently reliably then stop and go for the pins.

Getting under:
Grandad's forks do win a bit but if i angle in a bit then they aren't so good, the fact that they are way narrower than my wedge helps a lot here, but its probably compensated by strafing shenanigans and the bit of extra speed. If angling fails just go with the somewhat lower chance of getting under and hope that my better control after getting under at least compensates.
If i end upside down, it looks like there is no way for the forks to completely go around each other like against Jackal so we should be surprisingly even. Just make sure to not get angled in or otherwise cheesed and i should be good.
If only one of the orientations proves to not work ramming myself into the drum to switch sides is an option.

If they try to attack into the side of my wedge so i never push back with both wheels i should have the time to use my sheer width to turn in place before they reach or at least get fully under and quite possibly get under Grandad's side for free.

Mandatory don't do dumb shit and try to see their plan.
If i see anything completely unexpected: Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.
GL HF
let the most boring final begin
TEAM DESIGN FLAW
Insert funny text here

Recent history
This is very much out of date as i forgot/didn't bother to update it
Dirty Dozen -
Something Something I Regret Nothing 0-0
I Suck At Names II 0-0
OTSC v2.0 0-0

Butcher's Circus -
Evaccania DOOM 0-0

ROBOT4 -
Cyan Printer Ink 4-1 // Multiply and Surrender 2-1 // Apeirogon II 4-0 (Champion!) // Total 10-2

CBC4 -
Vindicator 4-2 // Apeirogon 4-3 // Pressure Flop II 5-3 // Padoru Machina 3-3 // Total 16-11

less recent stuff i guess
Thunder Underground -
OTSC 2-0 // Need For Spin 1-1 // FREE ICE CREAM 0-1 // Cookie Cutter 1-0 // Total (i guess) 4-2

REDDIT - Terrorbird 4-1
Reckoning: Evolution - Riptide 2-2
ROBOT3 -
Beaned 2-5 //<3 5-3 // Pressure Flop 4-3 // Omnicrap 2.0 2-5 // Total 13-16

CBC3 -
Evil Destroyer 4-4 // I Suck At Names 5-3 // Something Something Cluster Bot 3-3 // Equisde 3-3 // Total 15-13

ICEcrown - Hovercrap 3-3
REDDIT(2K18) - Omnicrap 3-3
Overall record: 70-53

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Re: Dirty Dozen Grand Final: Listen Here, Grandad, This is America. Everyone Here Eats Ass vs OTSC 2.0

Post by Venice Queen » Sun Feb 14, 2021 2:09 am

I FORGOT ABOUT THIS AAAH

forks

eat their ass uwu

I have the speed advantage, I have the active weapon advantage, I have the wedge advantage head on, and can force the head-on fight against their angling in easier than most bots thanks to my omni drive. they have the torque advantage, which means I want to play more hit & run vladiator style with my engagements, and in general avoid letting it turn into a close range battle.

so yeah wedge fight. being the one that doesn't want to angle in means I get to be more aggressive too - it's their job to do clever driving shit, I just have to go straight.

learn from the times where they get the better of me - if they're making a clever strat, adjust to it. dont engage with my back near hazards either. in general avoid them unless the situation REALLY presents itself.

the puncher's use in this fight is mostly stranding them if the forks don't do that job already. they're very wide, and it should be relatively easy to force them into situations where firing the puncher puts them up on one wheel and makes it a lot harder for them to escape my clutches. I don't imagine it'll be easy to drive them much of anywhere, but control points are control points yknow? I could also try to fire it into the self righting loops on either side of the wedge for a good laugh, though in general that seems stupid given the torque disadvantage. I can also try and stack them against walls if that situation comes up.

if they do get under, thwack to clear them away and reset neutral. if that doesn't work, do wonky strafing bullshit while j-hooking until Im free. I can also flail with the thwack arm. especially with that short of a wedge they are not going to have an easy go at controlling me.

GL!