Whirlpool vs Listen Here Granddad, This is America. Everyone here eats ass

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Whirlpool vs Listen Here Granddad, This is America. Everyone here eats ass

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:10 pm

Listen Here // Speed: 8 / Traction: 7 / Torque: 3 / Weapon: 1 / Armor: 11 (+1 front) // wedge

Whirlpool // Stats: 3 Speed / 3 Traction / 1 Torque / 16 Weapon / 7 Armor //

____________________________________________________________________________________

More than double his speed, omnis, yadda yadda yadda. also a reminder that he's 3 WD which probably makes him turn really awkwardly, offsetting his perfect control in stats. I don't have a ton of durability to work with (12 armor is nothing to scoff at though), so the main goal here is to exploit my mobility advantage to not have to engage directly with his weapon. I want more than half of my engagements to be at the side of the bot that has 2 wheels, directly opposite of the spinner. while he will still hit me if he's undercutting, his weapon should hit the ground before it hits me, dispelling at least some of its energy and preventing me from taking the full 16 damage.

when I'm not attacking that side, mix it up by going at the spinner, again at a wide angle closer to the side of his bot than the front such that I'm taking the weapon head-on. in general I want to avoid attacking head on, both because he has forks, and because his weapon will knock me away at weird unpredictable angles and shit. if I'm the one getting at him from an angle, he'll be the one getting punished for putting his spinner on the side of his bot.

if he goes at me inverted he's probably aiming for wheels, in which case attack only from the rear (where the spinner is definitely too high to hit me, I'm shortish) and 2 wheel side (where there is no weapon). if it is clear in arena that he can't easily hit a wheel when inverted, be less worried, but still cautious.

Otherwise standard wedge vs spinner stuff. obviously if he's struggling to counter one of my two strats do that one more, feed him to drums, etc.

gl

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Re: Whirlpool vs Listen Here Granddad, This is America. Everyone here eats ass

Post by attackfrog » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:10 pm

OK so here's the plan. Spin up, move out and hump the center pillar. Like I mean grind the flat side of my robot against that baby like I'm the horniest motherfucker in the club. Circle around that pillar, point the spinner at Grandpa's Ass, and smack that ass with it. What you gon' do, grandpa? I'll get knocked into the pillar I'm already making passionate love to, and you'll be flying away like a dumped chump. I'm unstoppable and I can't see any of this strategy going wrong in any way.

So yeah when it does I'll get back to humping because that's my lifestyle now. Don't hate.

GLHF Sio!