Skoll vs The Big Spook

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

Venice Queen
Team: ‽ Robotics

Skoll vs The Big Spook

Post by Venice Queen » Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:45 pm

yknow what I'm not even gonna bring the bot it, just put all the remaining pumpkins in the arena and let HFL have a go at them. should be like 6 of them I think

Hooray For Lexan

Re: Skoll vs The Big Spook

Post by Hooray For Lexan » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:38 pm

Scythe config please.

On one hand 3armorlol. On the other hand 11speedlol. Okay, start upright and BACKWARDS. At the start immediately reverse to the OOTA wall and turtle against it until I’m spun up. The back is the only remotely safe-ish angle he can attack from and he may try box rushing out of desperation.

Only spin at ~2/3 full speed: this reduces the effect of weapon torque and is still plenty to mulch him. Once I’m at this speed, STOP the turtling strategy. Instead, drive slowly and menacingly at him while staying clear of the walls. He’s the one who has to play defensive here, not me. Keep the blade more or less pointed at him and don’t let him behind me, but otherwise drive erratically and steer in big, swoopy arcs. I have a huge arc that’s instant death for him to attack me so I don’t need to be precise, and I want to bait him into actually attacking me.

If his wedge hits my blade, he’s dead. If his wedge hits my wheel, his OP drivetrain should push my back sideways and pivot my blade into his side, i.e. he’s dead. If he wedges me from behind either my blade hits the floor and spins me away, or he has to push me perfectly straight with his superfast drivetrain and very narrow wedge to avoid pivoting me around and letting me escape.
Advanced tactic: bait him by turning around backwards, then spinning around in the direction of my weapon torque AND suddenly giving the weapon full throttle to help me turn faster. Spinup torque should be higher than the torque from the drag of the thing spinning.

If he’s using his srimech as a keepaway stick, Skoll’s front is curved and he has nothing to push against. Pushing the sides will just spin me around. Pushing my back same thing applies about him having to push at a single point or the force will turn me around and put me in position to pivot into his wheels. If he tries to sacrifice the thing the pumpkin will just break and his Srimech module looks too light for the force to make me knock myself away.

Also I have high ground clearance + an undercutter so good luck high-centering me on pumpkin debris.

Good Luck Etc.