Whirlpool vs. Xtreme Pneumatix

This is the forum where you will role play for any fantasy leagues going on at the time.

Moderator: Tournament Hosts

attackfrog
Team: Aquatic Robotics

Whirlpool vs. Xtreme Pneumatix

Post by attackfrog » Sat Dec 12, 2020 10:22 pm

Whirlpool: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9838#p74028
Xtreme Pneumatix: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9838#p74024

I dunno what config XP is using but it probably doesn't matter very much?

Whirlpool will start right-side-up to give it more area of attack (though of course it works just fine upside-down as well.)

I'll plan to face XP head-on. That way if it goes for Whirlpool's wedgelet side, I'll have a good chance out out-wedging it and then turning in and smashing the spinner into the sharp edge of its wedge, permanently blunting it. If it goes for the spinner side, that's fine too: the spinner is strong enough to deal some significant damage to that wedge and the sharp square corners of its spinner teeth should get some nice gouges in. Enough hits should take XP out of action.

Whirlpool may be a little slow, but it's got a great control ratio, which should give it good maneuverability. That will make Whirlpool harder to flank: I should be able to turn pretty quickly. This means I can use the wedgelets as a defensive tool: when I need to spin up, I can fend off XP with the wedgelets.

I don't expect to make it through this without getting flipped, but I'm not worried if I do. The gyro of the spinner will mean that if I'm spinning, Whirlpool should fall right back down onto its wheels. And if Whirlpool does end up upside-down, all that changes is that the blade is at a different angle.

My general plan will be to keep spun up and away from the walls as I face XP and attempt to outwedge it and/or just hit it with the spinner. If I can wedge it once and hit the sharp edge of its wedge to dent it, I should be able to wedge it much more easily in future impacts and get even more hits in. I really don't want XP to get to Whirlpool's flat side, so if it's being aggressive and aiming for that, I'll act as a matador, turning the spinner into it as it comes in. I'll mostly let XP do the aggression to start with, focusing instead on picking my angle of attack. Once I get enough good hits in to slow XP down, I'll start going in for the kill.

GLHF Ethan!

Botomatic1000
Team: Team Riptide: Advanced Robot Combat

Re: Whirlpool vs. Xtreme Pneumatix

Post by Botomatic1000 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 11:03 pm

Xtreme pneumatiX: Speed: 7 Traction: 6 Torque: 2 Weapon: 3 Armour: 12
Whirlpool: Stats: 3 Speed / 3 Traction / 1 Torque / 16 Weapon / 7 Armor

Using the long forks

Alright, Whirlpool is weird to say the least but multiple factors of it's strangeness give it problems, for one, even if both sides are driving at the exact same speed, the side with two wheels should always be lurching ahead of the side with one, it's just a traction thing. Secondly it's also an angled spinner where the teeth are super low to the ground, if it tries to swing that weapon towards me, it'll have a bunch of gyro fuckery and the thing will be scraping badly against the ground. Be aggressive from the get-go, as I always am, not mucking around in the eye of the judges, I have the quite major speed advantage to angle in on his wedgelet side, although my own forks are long enough and thin enough to slot inbetween his own if they do go head on. Toss him up and over, that way it should make it much easier to just scoop him up and drag him to those drums that I can toss him onto, ring spinners are fragile enough, let alone miniature ones, a few drum shots should slow his spinner right down, 7 armour isn't the most in the world. That ring of his has quite a bit of surface area to it, which makes it easy to smother, especially with how low it is, if I get under him when he's right side up, and on his wedgelet side, it'll be grinding down to a halt against that floor. Always keep my big wedge facing him at all times, as long as I smother him competently and use my flipper sparingly, I should be able to take his offence and win on control and aggression, ramming him into the walls but ultimately trying to keep feeding him to those dangerous drums. Only flip when the arm isn't underneath the ring when he is right-side up.

Best of luck man.